How to fix Headbutt

Ovark.2514

4 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Dodge? 

Correct, but also that -particular- skill is fine, just for other reasons. However

19 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

You ever been head butted and eaten an entire arc divider combo?

No, actuallyWho does that? To get there you have to

* Not dodge headbutt

* Not use stunbreak or mitigative skill to react to headbutt landing

* Not use a stunbreak or mitigative skill to react to Berserk

* Not use a stunbreak or mitigative skill to react to any portion of arc divider

The only way you'd eat that whole thing is if you were caught without a stunbreak or other mitigative skill after engaging with the warrior for some time (without killing them outright), and with all due respect you earned that L if that happened. Anything else would have killed you too at that point. "This skill is fine because if I get hit by it and don't press anything/have already pressed all my things I die" is basic fight logic. 

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Avatar's right here tbh. Headbutt is... fine. The problem is largely what to do when you land that headbutt, your opponent presses one of their "I am no longer stunned and also 600 distance away" buttons, and you have to wait for that to come off cd/make your way back to them for damage.

Headbutt is basically a death sentence for anyone caught by it (with no stunbreaks or mitigative skills, which is a tall order in the current meta) vs any competent berserker, even with berserker being bad, so I wouldn't focus on trying to bump it up any further when there are bigger issues. However.

--

Avatar, this is fair.  the skill landed, give the warrior a sec of resistance so the opponent cant vomit blind after being hit by one of the most obvious skills in the game (After prime light beam of course). Even if you're correct in asserting headbutt is playable as it is, it's still pretty dumb for it to remove stab if you use it, thus ensuring it stuns you if it hits, without doing anything further to an opponent other than [if your opponent doesnt get out of the way he's gonna take some scawy damage oh noes]. That could do with a less "F*** warrior in particular" change. If it's going to stun me, I would like the insurance in knowing that if I break that myself, I'm not gonna get blinded mid button press and waste the whole interaction. 

you can get 10k out of it if your opponent lets all of the waves hit them on a glass character. but that interaction rarely happens. you will likely get 4k out of it if your opponent knows where their dodge button is and can perceive red, or is running anything not glass. 

I heard you say you play power zerker though? fight me? 👀 My brother? 👀 👀 

EU you can write me, If you are on na write me and i will come on na alt

Ah I forgot about this thread. Out of most rune options I have tinkered with in Zerker, I can say that Resistance rune is one of the most reliable ones. Sadly it activates after Headbutt does it's animation, but 4 sec of resi post-animation locking are always great. Aso added defense. Have considered stuff like Herald, Tempest (on power builds), Revenant, but they all seem too small buffs relative to Resi rune and how well-timed the ICD is with Headbutt.

Headbutt is still awful against awake players.

Remove enemy stab on hit, ideally have it be unblockable too. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 5:58 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

HOW TO FIX HEADBUTT:
Currently: you headbutt your opponent
Proposition: you butthead your opponent. Still useless, but you get to shake that booty.

Best way to fix headbutt:

Replace normal headbutt self-stun animation with a special animation that shows your character shaking booty after perform headbutt.

• Like 2

In pvp lowest gold division, I'd say you hit about 50% of the times if you also have bull's charge to help you bait a dodge. Now, if you play condi zerker then you have more problems: you actually need to be in berserker mode to do anything, since it's the only way to do decent damage other than the fire shield from torch. So when you don't hit HB the odds of filling adrenaline and using berserker mode are almost zero, you could weapon swap a couple of times, but with no adrenaline you'll probably need to stay on mace/shield to survive so you really can't. You'll have to wait for you next HB and by then you will be dead, one or more of your teammates will be dead because you applied zero pressure or you'll have been carried hard. In the end you're forced to take signet of fury exclusively for the 30 adrenaline and open up with that while keeping HB for a more advantageous situation, like catching the edge of a dodge. For the record, in my measly gold setting, I haven't lost to a power zerker on a condi zerker on a side node this season.

It doesn't really matter since we will all play shoutsworn after the patch.

Edited by Karagee.6830

On 6/24/2022 at 10:10 AM, Avatar.3568 said:

Idk its hitting for 10k on berserker

lol it can't even hit 10k reliably with only 48% crit chance on light golem with glass canon build.

taking peak number of a gimmick glass canon with 0 sustain does not equal general performance of the spec.

if you go for an actual balanced berserker build and average out the damage, the average is around 5k

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1