How to fix Headbutt

Ovark.2514

Headbutt not applies 1 stack of Stability and Resistance for 1 sec when activated.

When headbutt hits a target, Stability is removed. Headbutt deals increased damage per stack of stability removed.

That's it. All of a sudden it's a useable elite skill.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Headbutt, a 18 sec CD stunbreak that fills your burst completly when Hit

Unplayble 

It's a stunbreak that often fails at being a tool to get you out of a jam thanks to all the blindness and pulsing CC now in the game. So, a useless stunbreak ~50% of the time.

24 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Unplayble 

A very reactable, slow moving, short range, stunbreak. 

6 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

You ever been head butted and eaten an entire arc divider combo? The skill is fine.

Probably one of the biggest cases of 'Skill issue' I can imagine. 

Headbutt is taken because there's no other good option, and you never rely on just Headbutt to gain adrenaline, you take Signet of Fury as backup for when Headbutt fails, as it often does. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

But hey it moves that's more than some skills can say for themselves

Yet it is a very short range and you're locked into the animation which means you can't do the one thing everyone instinctively tries to do after breaking stun: DODGE!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I have not used it in high end play. The problems with zerker  go beyond just headbutt if thats the case. 

We know you haven't, and if you think Headbutt into Arc Divider is bad, wait until you hear about Bulls Charge, a skill that can actually land and doesn't self stun.

• Like 2

Bait the target into using a CC or anticipate it. Use HB immediately if they are in Melee Range, otherwise use Savage Instinct or another stunbreak to break the stun. If you eat the stun on purpose (not like there is damage now on hard CC so there is no risk) then you can twitch your elite to counter stun them. This works very well if you time their dodges/stunbreaks. Even if you are blinded, it is still a 18s stunbreak that when traited to do so also removes immobilize... It is probably one of the more versatile elites in the entire game for how useful it is, but the effectiveness of it is up to the user.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

that when traited to do so also removes immobilize...

This is an important tidbit. I'm tired of using discipline. I've used it for 9 years (or since trait reworks). The pigeonholing needs to stop.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

This is an important tidbit. I'm tired of using discipline. I've used it for 9 years (or since trait reworks). The pigeonholing needs to stop.

I don't disagree, but I think in your original post you are overlooking a large amount of what makes HB versatile and useful. Hitting the target for the stun and 30 adrenaline is only part of it. It is still a movement skill, so Brave Stride will give you stability which if you purposefully aim to not hit with HB will end up with you still having stability, as well as removing immob if you have warrior's sprint. Not to mention that it is a stunbreak on an 18s CD.

And if you do want to hit with it and don't want to risk whiffing then you can hit an A.I. target that may be close by like pets, minions, or clones. But the best value is in getting your target to burn dodges and stunbreaks and eating a stun on purpose and using HB to counter stun and chain Arc Divider them, or chain Gunflame if you are doing that meme.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It is still a movement skill, so Brave Stride will give you stability

I did forget about Brave Stride because I never take it because it is on an ICD which means it's unreliable. Remove the ICD and then maybe we are talking. . .

52 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

I did forget about Brave Stride because I never take it because it is on an ICD which means it's unreliable. Remove the ICD and then maybe we are talking. . .

Oh I agree again. The stability on brave stride is a double edged sword and they should not have been so cautious over it. Fear fodder for any half decent Necro and thieves could care less about your stability.

13 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Unplayble 

Has abysmal range and snail-like pace for the conditional adrenaline-filling part (plus blinds etc exist), so pretty shite for being an elite skill, yeah

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zsoak.5409 said:

Has abysmal range and snail-like pace for the conditional adrenaline-filling part (plus blinds etc exist), so pretty shite for being an elite skill, yeah

Actually, used with good timing, Headbutt is kittening amazing for dodge roll catching. It in fact has really good tracking. 

Edited by ProverbsofHell.2307

3 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Idk its hitting for 10k on berserker

Avatar's right here tbh. Headbutt is... fine. The problem is largely what to do when you land that headbutt, your opponent presses one of their "I am no longer stunned and also 600 distance away" buttons, and you have to wait for that to come off cd/make your way back to them for damage.

Headbutt is basically a death sentence for anyone caught by it (with no stunbreaks or mitigative skills, which is a tall order in the current meta) vs any competent berserker, even with berserker being bad, so I wouldn't focus on trying to bump it up any further when there are bigger issues. However.

Resistance for 1 sec when activated.

--

Avatar, this is fair.  the skill landed, give the warrior a sec of resistance so the opponent cant vomit blind after being hit by one of the most obvious skills in the game (After prime light beam of course). Even if you're correct in asserting headbutt is playable as it is, it's still pretty dumb for it to remove stab if you use it, thus ensuring it stuns you if it hits, without doing anything further to an opponent other than [if your opponent doesnt get out of the way he's gonna take some scawy damage oh noes]. That could do with a less "F*** warrior in particular" change. If it's going to stun me, I would like the insurance in knowing that if I break that myself, I'm not gonna get blinded mid button press and waste the whole interaction. 

Idk its hitting for 10k on berserker

you can get 10k out of it if your opponent lets all of the waves hit them on a glass character. but that interaction rarely happens. you will likely get 4k out of it if your opponent knows where their dodge button is and can perceive red, or is running anything not glass. 

I heard you say you play power zerker though? fight me? 👀 My brother? 👀 👀 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261