Disconnect when mounting a turtle [Merged]

Mounting the siege turtle after after a traveling between maps load results in a disconnect (code=7:11:3:202:101).

This happens with all skins but it is less likely to happen with the default skin, and it is also happening less after just starting the game and not having traveled between maps, but it almost always happens after traveling between maps.

The only way to prevent this disconnect is opening the mount selection panel and waiting for the skin to be loaded there.

Restarting the game and -repair did not solve the issue. There are no hardrive or connection issues either.

Edited by MithranArkanere.8957
Also happens with base skin.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Really weird that the issue is a server disconnection and not a crash. It's almost like the game's kicking us for not instantly loading a model or something. I always get disconnected unless l specifically preload my current skin in the hero panel, but I haven't gotten the problem if I left the hero panel open.

The disconnect code I most often get is [7:11:3:202:101], but l also got [7:5:1:333:101] once or twice.

• Like 1

how to "fix". switch back to default skin if using a skin, mount up, change skin, mount again.

since this is specifially paid content that causes a disconnect it leaves a bit of a sting.

would be nice if a dev could look at this

Edited by gametaunt.9105

8 minutes ago, lunara.6324 said:

I tried both with DX11 and without doesn't matter still crashes.

No offense, just to be sure: Did you restart the game after unticking "DX11" in the options?

32 minutes ago, Mike.7983 said:

DX11 yes for the performance boost, this has only started since tuesdays patch though.

Yes, the performance boost is nice, but there are still too many issues (crashes, mostly) to make it worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes, the performance boost is nice, but there are still too many issues (crashes, mostly) to make it worthwhile.

I was a naysayer against DX11 at first, but it's been stable for months now, hence why they took it out of beta. It's had its hiccups, but they've been very, very minor things from what l've noticed.

And to confirm, yes, this siege turtle bug happens on both DX11 and DX9. It's also not a crash, it is an immediate kick from the server. I think ANET may have done some subtle changes under the hood and messed something up on Tuesday.

• Sad 1

Same here, I thought it was just me. I have my turtle bounded to my Num Pad 8, changed it to 7, then a . , all the same crashes and you get that lost connection to the server. Even using your mouse to pick the turtle crashes the game. I thought it was because I have reshade on, and it's not, same thing with it on or off. Some update broke the turtle lol Not mad really cause it's my least used mount 😆

1 minute ago, Tony.8659 said:

Same here, I thought it was just me. I have my turtle bounded to my Num Pad 8, changed it to 7, then a . , all the same crashes and you get that lost connection to the server. Even using your mouse to pick the turtle crashes the game. I thought it was because I have reshade on, and it's not, same thing with it on or off. Some update broke the turtle lol Not mad really cause it's my least used mount 😆

As a reminder for recent visitors, you can mitigate the disconnect if you pre-load the model by looking at it in the Hero Panel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smoky.5348 said:

I was a naysayer against DX11 at first, but it's been stable for months now, hence why they took it out of beta.

You should check the DX11 Crash Issue thread then, because no, it isn't. There are still many things that trigger crashes, like GH decorating.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1