Disconnect when mounting a turtle [Merged]

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi everyone, I was out of office yesterday but I'm back and catching up. I've flagged this for the right people so they can start looking into it. Thanks to all of you for providing so many details!

Thank you so much Rubi😊🥰

@ Rubi Bayer.8493.  Don't suppose the recent canthan sky scales can be looked into as well? Not a disconnect issue but there is a random lag when mounting the past set and new released ones, character will freeze on mount then snap forward few seconds later.  seems to be isolated to any using the newer model designs.

• Like 1

I rarely use the turtle but did some testing today. I noticed two things that I think are morth mentioning:

1. When the siege turtle is the first mount I use after a loading screen (map change or long teleport doesn't matter) I get kicked back to the character select screen 100% of the time.
  2. When I use a different mount first after a loading screen and then switch to the siege turtle I am 100% safe.

Don't have much to add other than to say I'm experiencing the issue too.  Same as above: tried with DX11 and without.  Tested multiple characters, multiple skins and logging out/back in, etc.. etc... Work-around works about 50% of the time for me.  Makes mounting the turtle a complete gamble and it's terribly anxiety-enduing .  😞  Really hopes this gets addressed since it seems to be happening to non-default, paid-for skins.

2 hours ago, Locce.8405 said:

I rarely use the turtle but did some testing today. I noticed two things that I think are morth mentioning:

1. When the siege turtle is the first mount I use after a loading screen (map change or long teleport doesn't matter) I get kicked back to the character select screen 100% of the time.
  2. When I use a different mount first after a loading screen and then switch to the siege turtle I am 100% safe.

I just tested this, as I'm dyeing new mounts.  I was definitely on a number of mounts, none of them the turtle, after loading my umpteenth character into Thousand Seas.  Because I hadn't changed the default mount on one alt, I did accidentally hit turtle and instantly go to character select, twice on that asura reaper.  Several alts later I'm carefully checking the default on load in.  But since I just saw this post, I used my keybind to turtle up on my charr harbinger.  Bam, character select, despite having been on other mounts as I said.  I'm glad it works for you, but it's not 100% for everybody.  (Genuinely glad for you -- just realized it could look snarky in text).

Edited by Donari.5237

What??? THIS is the cause???
I have been disconnected from the Dragonstorm event SO MANY times over the last week. Each time I was 80%-99% of the way through the event. The latest disconnect was the last straw. I decided I had to post something up on the forums, because this is ridiculous! Luckily I check posts first and saw this thread. Then it hit me... every! kitten! time! I've disconnected, it was at that point in the event where you need to use CC to break Braham and Ryland apart. I usually either mount on my bunny OR my turtle for the nice CCs. Until reading this I hadn't realised that every single time I've disconnect it's because I've tried to use my turtle 🤦‍♂️  OMG! Please, please, please fix this. Dragonstorm is a long event to get kicked out of with zero reward... over and over again. One thing's for sure, it'll be a long time before I trust using the turtle again!

UPDATE: Attempted Dragonstorm for the 3rd time today. Avoided using the turtle like it had cooties and it all went fine. No disconnect. Not exactly definitive and scientific, but still... it worked for me.

Edited by Rockhound.9605
update
  • Sad 1