If they nerf Rifle

Arolandis.8360

I would want it done this way; by simply lowering the power coeffient slightly. The attack speed needs to stay because it helps with condi/hybrid builds.

I know a lot of people are calling it OP which could mean nerfs later, so I wanted to give my feedback on how I think it should be nerfed if is. I just don't want any nerfs ruining how it feels to actually use. Because the fast firing rate is fun and "feels" good.

I finally like rifles in this game please let us keep this buff.

Edit: I don't want Rifle nerfed. I'm just worried about it getting nerfed because I've been seeing a lot of "rifle OP pls nerf" crap (mostly on reddit).

Edit Edit: The more I play it with the supposed op builds in WvW with it the more I realize it's just "Good", not "OP". So I'm not worried anymore. False alarm. lol.

Edited by Arolandis.8360
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

I would want it done this way; by simply lowering the power coeffient slightly.

What would be the point of that? There is nothing to be nerfed here. Seriously if they would take the warrior rifle AA cut its damage down to 1/10th of what it is rn but increase its attack speed tenfold people would also start acting like the "new warrior rifle AA" is the most OP thing they've ever seen.

I don't know what it is but something about ranged multi hit attacks seems to make peoples brain short-circuit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

What would be the point of that? There is nothing to be nerfed here. Seriously if they would take the warrior rifle AA cut its damage down to 1/10th of what it is rn but increase its attack speed tenfold people would also start acting like the "new warrior rifle AA" is the most OP thing they've ever seen.

I don't know what it is but something about ranged multi hit attacks seems to make peoples brain short-circuit.

It might be because you are part able to ignore blind and aegis with it despite the fact you lose out from the dozen projectile blocks going around.

overall that is somewhat a fair tradeoff even if projectile block is still way too strong in spvp

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

This will be another case of players and Anet unable to understand the difference between strong weapon and strong spec. Just like how they nerfed shield for SPvP because Mech was tanky but in return also affected Scrapper,Holosmith and Core engi which did not needed that

didn't they nerf shield because it was too strong across ALL engi specs tho, not just mechanist...?

here's the thing about the rifle, it isn't techically that much stronger than it was before, it is just more synced in line with the available traits, the rifle itself has not actually recieved any damage buffs in pvp but it has had a 50% increase in auto damage in PvE which from what I've seen doesn't even put it among the top dps builds anyway, who knows maybe someone will figure something out for that.

But what is important to note is that they did account for pvp in its creation as noted by the blunderbuss might reduction there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

didn't they nerf shield because it was too strong across ALL engi specs tho, not just mechanist...?

No because I remember a part where they said pre nerf shield coupled with Alacrity made a bit too accessible. But instead of changing the alacrity they changed the shield. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arolandis.8360 said:

I would want it done this way; by simply lowering the power coeffient slightly.

Nice. Let's nerf rifle again to the point it was before 😄

What would be the purpose? Make rifle unusable again with fast animation and with no dmg?
I literally just have checked - it has about the same DPS with flamethrower AA from the same distance about 300 where I have 100% crit chance. Should it also be nerfed? Also I've received much higher DPS with grenade AA (for about 5k). What else should be nerfed? And as I have mentioned in other topics - it's not near great dps. Come on. It looks to me that people can't believe that rifle (one of NOT a lot weapons avaliable for engi) can be played nicely and fun.

Come on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, LunieL.1738 said:

What would be the purpose? Make rifle unusable again with fast animation and with no dmg?
I literally just have checked - it has about the same DPS with flamethrower AA from the same distance about 300 where I have 100% crit chance. Should it also be nerfed? Also I've received much higher DPS with grenade AA (for about 5k). What else should be nerfed? And as I have mentioned in other topics - it's not near great dps. Come on. It looks to me that people can't believe that rifle (one of NOT a lot weapons avaliable for engi) can be played nicely and fun.

Come on. 

unusable before? i guess if it doesn't to do45K dps is garbage, right?
the rifle was usable just not optimal.
what it is now is just brainless. 28k on auto untraited going up to 35k with some synergetic traits and exotic zerker gear and regular amount of boons. THE AUTO ATTACK ALONE.
come the fluff on. this thing is quiet literally the most broken auto attack in this game right now. not to mention engi didn't need it. several mech builds from cdps and pdps, alac boon support and heal, holosmith, scrapper. all used and just below FB and scourge as the thrid and thus last must have profession in any mode or team comp.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

28k on auto untraited going up to 35k with some synergetic traits and exotic zerker gear and regular amount of boons. THE AUTO ATTACK ALONE.

please show it to us all. I assume everyone would like to see a records where you do 35k such dmg with regular amount of boons (what does it mean?) in exotic zerk gear using AA only. I'm serious. Please

Edited by LunieL.1738
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

watch and weep young padawan

Didn't you tell that it does up to 35k using exotic zerk with optimized traits? I see a full ascended fully buffed man with 100% crit chance doing 24k dps with mech. Again, would like to see that what you just said.

Upd: yes, not 100% crit chance, just 90

Edited by LunieL.1738
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

watch and weep young padawan

just checked - mechanist with inactive mech, full boons, 97% crit chance, 3 exotic parts, other ascended, full debuff on golem, only AA, 11400 dps

Greatsword ranger, full exotic, 91% crit chance, even no food, same boons and debuffs on golem, only AA - 12k dps. Seems like it should be nerfed, right?

Dragonhunter, exotic marauder, random traits, boons/debuffs same, greatsword, only AA - 9k dps. Do you see major difference here? I don't.

Edited by LunieL.1738
  • Like 5

PvP wise, the rifle is fine. I played with it and against it.

I faced similar and Stronger DPS bursts from other classes that could down me faster than an Engineer.

I was able to kill people in 3 seconds but also failed to down competent players no matter how long I tried or how fast I shot.

PvE, I don't really care how strong it is. I will not ask for nerfs because the grass looks greener on that side.

Edited by angrax.1372
  • Thanks 3

You heard em

Nothing to nerf here

Mechanist Wars 2 here we GOOO

Press 1 and go afk easy game GG WP ROFLMAO 

Funniest part is that I predicted this exact outcome 3 months ago XDDD

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

47 minutes ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

up to 35k with some synergetic traits and exotic zerker gear and regular amount of boons. THE AUTO ATTACK ALONE.

You only get to 35k+ with a proper rotation at which point "the evil AA" makes up for less than 15% of your total DPS. Also, rifle 1, even for "LI rifle AA spam builds", only makes up for about 1/3 of their overall DPS and ranged engi weapons (like the pistol) do almost the same "AA spam" DPS (the difference (in percent) is in the single digits).

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, rune.9572 said:

You heard em

Nothing to nerf here

Mechanist Wars 2 here we GOOO

Press 1 and go afk easy game GG WP ROFLMAO 

Funniest part is that I predicted this exact outcome 3 months ago XDDD

And again - take a look at the upper comments and comment below yours.

mechanist with inactive mech, full boons, 97% crit chance, 3 exotic parts, other ascended, full debuff on golem, only AA, 11400 dps

Greatsword ranger, full exotic, 91% crit chance, even no food, same boons and debuffs on golem, only AA - 12k dps. Seems like it should be nerfed, right?

Dragonhunter, exotic marauder, random traits, boons/debuffs same, greatsword, only AA - 9k dps.

First - you seem not to understand where dmg comes from. Second - rifle AA isn't THAT good at all. And yes, there is nothing to nerf here. I'd say it's dmg should be buffed in order to compete with other classes that do way more dmg with the same number of buttons. 

Edited by LunieL.1738
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I guess people really like how it functions because the animation is ugly. It's a three-round burst skill on a single-shot animation. It's like a 12-year old's very first custom skill or something. Functionally cool, but looks terribly unprofessional! Warrior's rifle literally has a 5-round burst with a matching animation, how could they not port that to Engineer?

5 hours ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

unusable before? i guess if it doesn't to do45K dps is garbage, right?
the rifle was usable just not optimal.
what it is now is just brainless. 28k on auto untraited going up to 35k with some synergetic traits and exotic zerker gear and regular amount of boons. THE AUTO ATTACK ALONE.
come the fluff on. this thing is quiet literally the most broken auto attack in this game right now. not to mention engi didn't need it. several mech builds from cdps and pdps, alac boon support and heal, holosmith, scrapper. all used and just below FB and scourge as the thrid and thus last must have profession in any mode or team comp.

Numbers not with holding I do agree with everything else.

I've only ever used a Rifle engi myself and since this patch i've watched my fairly fun rifle build go from not optimal to completely broken.

And that is Core Engi.. it's not even a mechanist.

I like low effort builds and I believe they have a place in the game but, despite how fun Engi rifle is atm it is also hilariously broken.

They basically made Engi Rifle AA into perma Ranger LB RF xD

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, LunieL.1738 said:

Come on. 

I don't WANT them to nerf it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

I guess people really like how it functions because the animation is ugly. It's a three-round burst skill on a single-shot animation. It's like a 12-year old's very first custom skill or something. Functionally cool, but looks terribly unprofessional! Warrior's rifle literally has a 5-round burst with a matching animation, how could they not port that to Engineer?

Yeah the animation needs to be fixed.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I've only ever used a Rifle engi myself and since this patch i've watched my fairly fun rifle build go from not optimal to completely broken.

It's pretty much in line with what you would expect to see form a LI build and in fact is even on the weaker side at that.

I only see people complain how "OP" the rifle supposedly is but I have yet to see a single person backing up these claims. All I see is "20-25k AA only DPS" in an "optimized golem setting" this or that seemingly willfully ignoring that other LI options like P/P DE unload spam is at about 28k (and has been for years) while being looked at as "too weak to be taken seriously for anything but OW" and the Harb SAA spam gets you comfortably over 30k but engi rifle is somehow "hilariously broken". If there is one thing that's actually broken then it's the animations but thats about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

Rifle isn't broken. It is silly, but the damage isn't anything special. 

Thank kittens that there are people who can count lol, some guy says autos do 35k, then links a 24k build that benches with 13 conditions instead of 10. All that not realizing rifle is actually one of the worst options for it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

With recent changes and a standard zerker set you can bench over 25k with any weapon (besides maybe elixir kit, have not tried that yet) 

It's just a case of people not understanding what is going on under the hood and falsely attributing the cause of it. Rifle is funny, but its not even the strongest auto attack. And i have seen stronger benchmarks with other weapons, with more utility than rifle. If someone wants the range, or just likes rifle i don't blame em though. Play how you want. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1