suggestion Race change contract [Merged]

We got a total makeover kit and a name change contract I feel like a race change contract would be dope aswell !

Yes tomes of knowledge are super easy to get to level an alt with I know, grinding the hero points is not hard at all +1 i agree.

I just think it would be cool to have a race change contract aswell to like change the race of your main character !

what do you guys think about it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I think there have been many threads/posts about this suggestion, and I think the reasons given for the suggestion to not be feasible are sound:  problems with armor, problems with dialogues, problems with the Story Journal, etc.

yeah I just took a look at other topics about it and read all different kinds of reasons to not do it, allot are pretty fair to tell yeah, it would be just cool if they could pull it off ^^ just an idea

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Tyroth.6057 said:

yeah I just took a look at other topics about it and read all different kinds of reasons to not do it, allot are pretty fair to tell yeah, it would be just cool if they could pull it off ^^ just an idea

Yeah, I'm with you on this, but it's extremely unlikely to happen in this game. Especially after nearly 10 years and so many other things the studio has on its to-do list.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I think there have been many threads/posts about this suggestion, and I think the reasons given for the suggestion to not be feasible are sound:  problems with armor, problems with dialogues, problems with the Story Journal, etc.

you know what i never thought about that. it would be weird, since unlike other games your story is tied alot based on your char select.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's not entirely impossible, but pretty much impossible due to realistic factors.

The TLDR is due to the personal story being tied to your race choices it's extremely difficult to change this without breaking heaps of other stuff in the game. Other games that offer race changes don't have this issue because the story is usually static that all races go through the same story (or have no story at all and everything is just quest flags).

It's possible to fix it, but the value to fixing it for Anet is pretty low compared to the time and effort required to actually fix it. It might sound dumb but it's original 2012 spaghetti code scenario similar to WoWs inability to change the starter backpack you get, after years of effort Blizz managed to do a sort of background hack that increased the slots in another way but they never actually fixed the issue itself.

There's also the financial aspect that a race change could probably cost anet more money that it would generate if looking at future sales. Right now if you want to change your race you would have to buy new inventory slots and build templates and potentially new character slot, if you had a race change you would no longer be buying those other parts that come with new characters. Then comes the pricing part, if you make it more expensive than those options then the question is would people buy them if it cheaper to just make a new character?  If you make it cheaper then why would people pay for the other parts anymore? 

So when you combine both the time and cost it would take to fix, vs the actual benefits to it, it's pretty much never going to happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think its about time they introduced this to the game after 10 years and 3 expansions, it will be a huge convenience QoL, for people who've heavily invested time and effort into their main characters. Not to mention a good and indefinite source of revenue for the rest of the game's lifespan.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

I think its about time they introduced this to the game after 10 years and 3 expansions, it will be a huge convenience QoL, for people who've heavily invested time and effort into their main characters. Not to mention a good and indefinite source of revenue for the rest of the game's lifespan.

i'd rather have them work on something actually worthwhile. like droping the next living world season halfway into it. or an ele nerf. lets go with the ele nerf.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 2