2v2 spec recommendation?

Temper.2190

Hi folks, I haven't played pvp for about a year, but decided I was to jump back in this summer.  I'm pretty clueless on correct balance, and an considering one of the following specs for the 2v2 season.  For context, I was a gold 3 solo queue player who played mostly renegade, d/p daredevil, and spellbreaker duelist. 

1. Condi specter.  I've played this a ton in pve lately, and would be interested in seeing the pvp version, where sheriff's use is a bit more tactical.

2. Any rev spec, but I'm really curious if vindicator is ok in 2v2s.  I like all flavors of rev a lot.

3. Warrior.  Is spellcaster decent after the dagger buffs?  Or is the bladesworn sidenoder build ok in 2v2s?

Any suggestions on the relative strengths of these would be appreciated.  

2 hours ago, Temper.2190 said:

1. Condi specter.  I've played this a ton in pve lately, and would be interested in seeing the pvp version, where sheriff's use is a bit more tactical.

Specter works pretty well in pvp, likely good for 2v2. I think Specters still use kitten/Trickery/Specter with a condi oriented amulet, but that could have changed since I last checked.

2. Any rev spec, but I'm really curious if vindicator is ok in 2v2s.  I like all flavors of rev a lot.

Vindi's good for 2v2s. Bunker Vindi can hold its own, and if you feel spicy power vindi also works.

3. Warrior.  Is spellcaster decent after the dagger buffs?  Or is the bladesworn sidenoder build ok in 2v2s?

Any suggestions on the relative strengths of these would be appreciated.  

Spellbreaker was decent before, the dagger buffs give it an edge it needed though. It's suitable for 2v2, but you may want to make sure your partner can help you deal with condis. 

Bladesworn is also suitable for 2v2, but keep in mind the sidenoder build is meant to sustain itself. People can counterplay you by bombing your friend. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

Most supports and most dps is viable.

I wouldnt recommend condi unless your team mate is also running condi. For example, a condi spectre with a condi harb would prob be viable, though if the enemy team is running a healbreaker id scratch going condi entirely.

If you really want to advance in solo I recommend multiclassing or switching over to a power build as needed. You should become familiar with which match ups would justify the build you are running. This is also true in conquest and usually seperates the gold players from the plat players

• Thanks 1

2's are more about build synergy and timing bursts/invis together but

harb/specter

2 bladesworn

tempest/willbender

seem to do better than most from the little ive seen

harb/specter can just tank through almost anything, and their cc chains can be over 10s long quite easily

2 bladesworn get so much healing/might from traits that they can really save their shake it offs and wittle down enemy to practically 0 cds left before they begin unblockable bursts, they do best utilizing 1 with fgs and 1 with the mark target to combat invis spam

tempest can support any build but tempest/willie can fit in burning quite easily without any duration or condi dmge and still get close to 20k stacks of burning with hella might that ticks for 4-6k bursts on top of willies insane power bursts, really hard to lock one down and willie with alac or auras is such a pain to go up against

really there are a ton of combos available, but the above are easy to preform well with if you coordinate just a bit

• Like 1

Basically what Frowny wrote. Dps or support. Only play condi or roaming build if the other player is doing so too. Otherwise, if the other player is dps, they insta die meanwhile you hitting like a pillow on enemies=no presure, which means enemies can just autowalk together to the dps for 30 seconds until dps dead then you. And if they are support....the round will take a loooong time, if you do not lose from the enemy spikes

Edited by zengara.8301