Spellbreaker should steal and share the Boons you remove.

DanAlcedo.3281

Nothing much more to add here, other than "I wholeheartedly agree!"

Of course, it could also make for a hilarious feedback loop when two opposing spellbreakers go at it 😄

"I steal your boons to buff my friends!"

"No, I steal your boons to buff my friends!"

"No, I steal your boons that you stole from me to buff my friends again!"

...etcetera, etcetera 🤣

Edited by Mungrul.9358
I am apparently not a pirate, as I missed an "R" :(
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Nothing much more to add here, other than "I wholeheartedly agree!"

Of course, it could also make for a hilarious feedback loop when two opposing spellbreakers go at it 😄

"I steal your boons to buff my friends!"

"No, I steal your boons to buff my friends!"

"No, I steal your boons that you stole from me to buff my friends again!"

...etcetera, etcetera 🤣

Sounds almost as broken as Firebrand. ALMOST!

What Spellbreaker needs is this:

Guard Counter now grants 4s of Protection and Resolution in allies in the area.
Revenge Counter: Now grants 4s of Resistance to allies in the area. Transfer 3 conditions for these allies to yourself, then transfer them to targets struck by your Full Counter. (I.E. transfer 3 condis from the party onto you to consolidate all the stacks if applicable, then transfer every condition on you to enemies you strike with Full Counter).

Dispelling Force: In addition to its current effects when you remove a boon from an enemy grant a copy of that boon to allies in the area.

Sun and Moon Style: If you wield a dagger in your main hand deal 10% extra damage to boonless foes, if you wield a dagger in your offhand your critical strikes remove boons from enemies (1/4s interval per target).

Bam. Proper support Spellbreaker.

• Like 1

based on their previous changes in wvw, they dialed down boon strip, and corruption.

its evident over the past years that they're still heavily pushing for the boon spam, condi spam, bunker environment.

even going through great lengths to reinforce it with the blanket power reduction of feb 2020. and gutting the coefficients of several bread and butter power damage skills.

but they've done poorly balancing even among condi builds, with some clear favorites coming out on top.

honestly if wvw, pvp is the focus, this game is just a kitten-show over the years.

i can understand the difficulty of balance, but to have the gap be so wide, for years, and now actually ending up breaking things like how they broke warrior with the feb 2020 patch.

realistically, they've been given years and have given a poor showing.

and this latest debacle was not some overreaction. its been seething, specially for those who stuck with it.

• Confused 1

Spellbreaker I feel should lean more heavily into Attacker's Insight (Insight for short). It's an interesting component of Spellbreakers that really has nothing going for it other than being a random stat bump that has more utility on any weapon other than daggers.

Change Insight so that:

• Reduce +Stat per stack (to accomodate the below changes)
  • CC Prioritizes Stability 
  • One of the following:
    • Upon Max stacks, gain "Full Insight" for 8s-10s--Attacks are unblockable and ignore Blind. Lose all stacks after it ends.
      • Sun & Moon Style rework: With "Full Insight", Daggers gain 100% crit chance. Without "Full Insight", Dagger attacks heal for X% of critical damage.
      • Pure Strike rework: Lose all stacks on burst, remove up to 5 boons from target. Inflict +X% additional damage per boon removed. (additional damage is applied before the loss of +Stat from loss of Insight)
    • Reduce cooldown of Dagger & Meditation skills; every 3s, reduce cooldowns by 1s per stack. (Skill cooldowns may need to be increased slightly to compensate)
      • New Trait: Increase Insight stacks to 7; upon reaching Max stacks cast Lesser Winds of Disenchantment. Change WoD so that it follows the caster again.
    • Gain Barrier (X per stack) every 5s (soft survivability)
      • Pure Strike rework: Burst skills remove all Barrier & cause X damage per point of Barrier expended. (The Barrier damage cannot be blocked)
    • Cast Magebane Tether to up to 3 targets within range (10-15s ICD; if max stacks reapplies after ICD reached; Revamp MBT Grandmaster traits to provide different effects)
      • Revenge Counter, Slow Counter, Guard Counter rework: the 3 Grandmaster traits; applies either upon Application of MBT or "per pulse".
    • Applies multiple "soft" conditions to up to 5 nearby enemies (5s-15s ICD Vulnerability, Slow, Weaken, Cripple, at least for 6s duration each)
      • Loss Aversion, Enchantment Collapse, No Escape rework: Activate on hitting with Burst or Full Counter

Spellbreaker has a really unique identity--insanely so in the "boon meta"--and yet it's current form amounts to "Press F2 to block; recharge your burst". At that extra Block + bursts are so insanely useful because every Warrior trait including Bladesworn's is predicated and balanced around getting off as many bursts as possible.

Necromancer originally was the "boon stripper/corrupter" of GW2. Thief "Stole" (HA!) a bit of the limelight and other professions bit by bit moved in towards that.

Spellbreaker.... it's in the name. In the boon meta literally everyone should be TERRIFIED of seeing a Spellbreaker come around the corner because Warriors should be just decimating anyone who tries to wrap themselves up in boons.

I like how much cope the Warrior forums have, so many suggestions that will never see the light of day as much as we wish it would so that Warrior is as fun as we remember it could be. 

I miss having that hope. That hope that something said here would help the class. 

• Like 1

Yes, I and some others have recommended giving spell boon steal instead of boon rip. Steal has priority (stability and aegis first), unlike boon strip, which is fully random. That small change would greatly aid spell imo. There’s some other things to accompany that change in the traits, but just that change alone would be majorly change how spell plays in competitive modes, namely giving it more staying power in melee and having scalable balance depending on the class it’s fighting. 

4 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

I like how much cope the Warrior forums have, so many suggestions that will never see the light of day as much as we wish it would so that Warrior is as fun as we remember it could be. 

I miss having that hope. That hope that something said here would help the class. 

It is not cope, it is a relentless drive forward. We are warrior, no know retreat, only know how to push harder, and if push harder fails, PUSH HARDER!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Its my Real life job to fix stuff. Its a bit of my passion.

And watching all the problems pile up over the years in Gw2 in general and you cant do anything about it hurts.

We literally tell Anet " Hey the Sink is leaking. Could you fix it?  Here are Step by Step intructions how to do it."

And Anet is either not gonna do anything or after years of nothing, bursts in the room and make things worse while pretending its fixed now.

Copium is all thats left.

That and my fellow Warriors. 😄

• Like 2

Guys, I may not have a popular opinion on this issue but I am not sold on Spellbreaker being reimagined as the warrior's primary support spec (wrt boons).  I think that is kind of incompatible with the spec thematically plus misses an opportunity to buff the spec in a niche role that is needed in the current boon-ball meta, which is being a thorn in spellcaster's side and focusing on boon denial.  GW2 SHOULD give us a proper support spec in the next expansion, one that should legit compete with the other support specs.  By trying to force a support spec on Spellbreaker you run the risk of placing a detrimental cap on the spec's capacity to boonstrip/deny.

I think it's a given Spellbreaker (or any spec for that matter) should be useful enough to be a viable option in all game modes, Raids, WvW and PvP.  For Raids, PvE Spellbreaker's damage should be buffed via boosting Attacker's Insight and/or by a buffing a minor trait to include an automatic damage boost against boonless foes.

For WvW and PvP, I would add boonstripping to Full Counter, the third dagger strike in the AA chain, and to dagger 5 Bladestorm (with ICD per target).  In addition, I advocate Spellbreaker be given the ability to increase skill recharge of skills it interrupts akin to the Mesmer skill Power Lock in GW1.  Before you cry OP this could be limited to 1-2 dagger skills, Dagger 3 (Disrupting Stab) and 4 (Wastrel's Ruin) I would recommend.  For Wastrel's Ruin you can have increased damage if foe is not using a skill or if the foe is using a skill, increasing the recharge of said skill.

Lastly, I would buff the Spellbreaker's lackluster healing skill, Natural Healing by either having it also consume conditions of nearby allies OR stripping boons from nearby foes.

Edited by RiyazGuerra.9203
typos
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RiyazGuerra.9203 said:

Guys, I may not have a popular opinion on this issue but I am not sold on Spellbreaker being reimagined as the warrior's primary support spec (wrt boons).  I think that is kind of incompatible with the spec thematically plus misses an opportunity to buff the spec in a niche role that is needed in the current boon-ball meta, which is being a thorn in spellcaster's side and focusing on boon denial.  GW2 SHOULD give us a proper support spec in the next expansion, one that should legit compete with the other support specs.  By trying to force a support spec on Spellbreaker you run the risk of placing a detrimental cap on the spec's capacity to boonstrip/deny.

I think it's a given Spellbreaker (or any spec for that matter) should be useful enough to be a viable option in all game modes, Raids, WvW and PvP.  For Raids, PvE Spellbreaker's damage should be buffed via boosting Attacker's Insight and/or by a buffing a minor trait to include an automatic damage boost against boonless foes.

For WvW and PvP, I would add boonstripping to Full Counter, the third dagger strike in the AA chain, and to dagger 5 Bladestorm (with ICD per target).  In addition, I advocate Spellbreaker be given the ability to increase skill recharge of skills it interrupts akin to the Mesmer skill Power Lock in GW1.  Before you cry OP this could be limited to 1-2 dagger skills, Dagger 3 (Disrupting Stab) and 4 (Wastrel's Ruin) I would recommend.  For Wastrel's Ruin you can have increased damage if foe is not using a skill or if the foe is using a skill, increasing the recharge of said skill.

Lastly, I would buff the Spellbreaker's lackluster healing skill, Natural Healing by either having it also consume conditions of nearby allies OR stripping boons from nearby foes.

I get your sentiment, but just making the boons it gives proc on allies in an AoE, and give boons it rips in an AoE is all that would be needed to cement it as a boon support. The rest of the Spellbreaker chassis is there and would still be good at what it does.

Keep in mind that the mechanic I suggested that grants ripped boons to allies, and this is the reason I'm not referring to 'stealing' boons, would grant all those boons to the party when using Natural Healing.

The boon stripping needs to be increased though in WvW/PvP.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Its my Real life job to fix stuff. Its a bit of my passion.

And watching all the problems pile up over the years in Gw2 in general and you cant do anything about it hurts.

We literally tell Anet " Hey the Sink is leaking. Could you fix it?  Here are Step by Step intructions how to do it."

And Anet is either not gonna do anything or after years of nothing, bursts in the room and make things worse while pretending its fixed now.

Copium is all thats left.

That and my fellow Warriors. 😄

True that, Maybe we should organise a squad of us to all post in general discussions a giant fix Warrior thread individually. Just spam the front page with a long list as to how to make the class fun and remove the doom and gloom. I'd usually say this on another site but since Anet doesn't read the Warrior forums I feel like its safe to say this here. 

Especially if their "reasons" for breaking Warrior are as dumb as we all know they will be. 

Edited by Gorem.8104