Make Precision give 1% Critical chance for every 15 instead of 21

The Boz.2038

This is the ticket, ANet. This is how you fix (a significant part of) the Power builds' three-stat multiplicative reliance problem. Make Precision translate into critical chance in a 15-to-1 ration, as opposed to the current 21-to-1 ratio.
Bonus points: Precision is the only translating attribute that has the 21; all the others (Ferocity, Expertise, Concentration) have 15.

This would result in ascended berserker gear's resting precision of 1960 (960, because we don't count the first 1000), which currently yields 50.71% crit rate, to jump up to 69%. Full assassin's 2382, which currently gives 70,81% (with Fury still not 100%), would be bumped up to 97,13%.

I... think this would be a good idea. Do you think so, too? And do you see ANet ever actually doing such a fundamental change to the game's base maths?

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Well a positive thing would obviously be that there arent so many crit chance traits needed anymore. And this opens more room for self-made choices. 

Currently u would never remove like 15% crit chance from ur build bc this is such a massive dps loss, and thats why u wouldn't choose a different trait over it. 

However with that change u could without such a massive loss. 

As i have no downsites in mind atm, i agree.

What i basically mean: The thing @The Boz.2038suggested basically could remove a lot of crit chance traits which results in room for more traits and other bonuses for power builds. Which is a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Personally I don't see much value in dumping as much critical hit chance as possible.  The game was designed around precisions X/21 inefficiency by making additional crit chance fairly easy to get through fury, runes, sigils, and traits.  To wit, on most builds I sit at nearly 100% crit chance in full berserker gear.  Changing this ratio would make the crit traits and boons less necessary, but there isn't much room to expand offensive power regardless.

It would make power builds better in PVP and WvW, though, so I can't say it is a bad idea.

I have mixed feelings on this.

I like this idea because it opens the door wider for power build diversity in open world, wvw, and even for some builds in raids I think.  I also like that it brings consistency to the 15 stat points per % rule.

I don't like it because.. well, it kind of makes it incredibly easy to get to 100% crit, which diminishes critical strikes in general.  Most games you have 20 to 50% crit and it feels great to hit those crits.  In gw2 it has always been normal to go for 100% crit so I guess this isn't a great reason to argue against a change like this.  But it just feels off to me.  But whatever, I can't think of anything else in relation to how the game currently functions and power builds need the help across the board.

So in conclusion, yes good change 👌 

34 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

I have mixed feelings on this.

I like this idea because it opens the door wider for power build diversity in open world, wvw, and even for some builds in raids I think.  I also like that it brings consistency to the 15 stat points per % rule.

I don't like it because.. well, it kind of makes it incredibly easy to get to 100% crit, which diminishes critical strikes in general.  Most games you have 20 to 50% crit and it feels great to hit those crits.  In gw2 it has always been normal to go for 100% crit so I guess this isn't a great reason to argue against a change like this.  But it just feels off to me.  But whatever, I can't think of anything else in relation to how the game currently functions and power builds need the help across the board.

So in conclusion, yes good change 👌 

I reckon warriors not having to gonfor thief runes and rangers not needing to flank would be a welcome chsnge for many.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

I reckon warriors not having to gonfor thief runes and rangers not needing to flank would be a welcome chsnge for many.

Rangers wouldn't need to flank if they left spotter alone.  

Regardless, I don't think 100% crit chance should be achievable for all without some investment.  Most other things have an imbalance by class whether its thieves and stealth access or certain classes disproportionate access to things like blocks or stability.  

Otherwise, may as well just get rid of ferocity and tie crit damage to power--then you'd have your two-stat to match condition builds without needing to alter how precision is gained.  

• Confused 1