Warriors, are you ready for the explanation of why banners were changed that way and crit placed into Arms?

Karagee.6830

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I know you PvE more than the other modes right? In PvP/WvW the banner trait was the dead weight as Destruction of the Empowered and Brawler's Recovery are already pretty strong in WvW/PvP. For PvE I guess they could easily be doubled in effectiveness though.

True boon blob in wvw is real. Maybe make it a flat 15% when the enemy has boons and 5 without, just like how sole spb traits/skills work? Would be a nerf in wvw probably but yeah.

For open world I like brawlers recovery too. 

I mean anything really will do that is useful for PvE group content as dps. Ememy boons arent really common or they get stripped so fast that it wont matter.

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Update here, and it's decent news:

Now ... it's not clear if they are ALSO removing the Fury buff from Arms when they make this change (I would bet they are) but frankly, I think they should leave it there as well. 

He literally says: "Furious Burst will also keep its increased critical chance while under the effects of Fury."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

He literally says: "Furious Burst will also keep its increased critical chance while under the effects of Fury."

Well ... let's see when the patch is out but that is great news. What I'm interested in is to see if the 5% crit buff on Fury stacks between Furious Burst and Pinnacle. That wouldn't be an unreasonable thing to happen. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well ... let's see when the patch is out but that is great news. What I'm interested in is to see if the 5% crit buff on Fury stacks between Furious Burst and Pinnacle. That wouldn't be an unreasonable thing to happen. 

It would be the first time that a critical hit chance modifier would not stack and would indeed be unreasonable to have happen.

On 7/13/2022 at 2:59 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It would be the first time that a critical hit chance modifier would not stack and would indeed be unreasonable to have happen.

I did a test ... these two crit buffs do stack. YAY!

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Because all such buffs stack... This was never in contention except by you.

Just depends how it's implemented. I'm just happy it does. I don't doubt in Anet's ability to not make something like this happen. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

So 5% crit that was all they added... wow wouldn't actually want to overhaul anything huh.. What the hell do Anet get paid for seriously.

That was a hot fix for the mistake of putting the 5% increase in Arms originally. The actual warrior stuff is supposed to come later. August 2nd is when they'll 'finish' reworking banners, and there may be other changes, but banners is all I expect to see on August 2nd as that was added in to fix the mistake of the banner rollout from June 28th. The October update I think will be larger in scope and is more likely to cover anything else that is major.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That was a hot fix for the mistake of putting the 5% increase in Arms originally. The actual warrior stuff is supposed to come later. August 2nd is when they'll 'finish' reworking banners, and there may be other changes, but banners is all I expect to see on August 2nd as that was added in to fix the mistake of the banner rollout from June 28th. The October update I think will be larger in scope and is more likely to cover anything else that is major.

I'm sure they'll have a bridge to sell me as well in August.

• Like 2