Right mouse click/hold fatigue

I've just recently started playing this game again after starting and stopping a while back.

I've noticed after long gaming sessions that it generates a LOT of right click mouse fatigue from having to hold down the right mouse key during virtually the entire gameplay (which can be hours).  Maybe some don't even think about it, but I've been playing years and years of MMOs and this one I feel has some of the worse mouse click fatigue in the genre.

Would it be possible to just turn on mouse look all the time and then have a toggle key to turn on the cursor for when you need to do "normal" mouse click/press stuff?  It seriously would make everyone's game life easier in GW2.   Or even just put it as an option if some people really prefer pressing RMB all day long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Nrodavar.8920 said:

Would it be possible to just turn on mouse look all the time and then have a toggle key to turn on the cursor for when you need to do "normal" mouse click/press stuff?  It seriously would make everyone's game life easier in GW2.   Or even just put it as an option if some people really prefer pressing RMB all day long.

Press F11 -> Control options -> Scroll down to "Camera" section, set a keybinding for "Toggle Action Camera". Use that toggle again to disable action camera and see the cursor.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

F11 -> "options" -> Control options -> "Camera", "Toggle Action Camera". Use that toggle again to disable action camera and see the cursor.

Ah, I was literally just looking at that option and trying it out.  I had thought it did something else.  Thanks

• Like 1

I think I also bound it so that left mouse click does the same as right, which can help out on fatigue (can at least alternate fingers).  I actually have a newer mouse with buttons for the thumb, so I should look at binding those.

Long ago I did bind action camera to a key - it is a really life saver for the festival jumping puzzles, since I would basically need to hold down a mouse button for basically the entire time in the puzzle.

Edited by Solvar.7953

I really had no idea about action camera.  It starts off unbound I think (mine was unbound) and I came back to my level 30ish characters after a couple of years, maybe I totally skipped a guide or tutorial or something.

I feel like half of this game requires an online guide to look things up.

• Like 1

I’d love to save my hands the stress of always holding down the rmb, but prefer third person so Ive always ignored action cam. Looking around, I see mentions that it might actually support third person? But I couldn’t find any info stating that directly.

Also, how hard is it to deal with if you play a profession that does a lot of ground targeting, where you need to AoE or teleport in directions other than the one you’re facing?

I’ve been having trouble with this without action cam, as when I hold down rmb my cursor is in the center of the screen, but when I let go to ground target it’s somewhere else and I have to find it. When you toggle out of action cam does your cursor start centered?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I’d love to save my hands the stress of always holding down the rmb, but prefer third person so Ive always ignored action cam. Looking around, I see mentions that it might actually support third person? But I couldn’t find any info stating that directly.

Also, how hard is it to deal with if you play a profession that does a lot of ground targeting, where you need to AoE or teleport in directions other than the one you’re facing?

I can't answer too well on the specifics, but I would say getting used to action cam is not unlike getting used to keybinds after using clicking. It might feel a bit awkward at first, but once you get used to it, it enables much more robust play, generally.

That said, personally I do bind the toggle for it to a key I can get to easily and toggle it off for things like mount switching, which ends up being a skill in itself for doing it quickly lol.

The main drawback I've seen is the targeting seems completely borked, with it actually being hard to intuitively target what's in front of me. But for general positioning and such, it's such a smoother experience. Edit: I should clarify, when I say target here, I mean as in having a particular mob be the one whose portrait is showing as what's targeted. Action cam more or less targets what is in front of you in the more literal sense by default.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1