The 2 "pvp only specs"

Zekent.3652

Untamed and Spellbreaker, but 1 finally got fixed for pve  and it's just a better option for pvp.

Spb pve status is depressing, the meme of the pve for years and pvp powercreep is reaaaaaaaaaally low compared to the others.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Untamed and Spellbreaker, but 1 finally got fixed for pve  and it's just a better option for pvp.

Spb pve status is depressing, the meme of the pve for years and pvp powercreep is reaaaaaaaaaally low compared to the others.

The only way spellbreaker to get any relevance in PVE is to get the Scrapper rework as boons support and maybe a trait that changes full counter to direct damage skill without the need for to be hit to activate, but that kinda flew away with the banner rework.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Like 1

I don’t really mind spell being a competitive mode focused spec at all. It still works in open world just fine. The biggest criticism is that if a spec is competitive mode first (which I believe spell should be), it’s should actually be good in competitive mode. Especially since it’s much more of a reactionary and core-mechanic heavy spec compared to the glut that’s been introduced on other specs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They'd have to really increase damage done to boonless foes to help SpB in PvE. Or allow Dispelling Force to remove certain non-boon effects. That would be an immediate niche in all game modes.

Well I wonder how many more patches I need to see with 200-300% increased damage until spellbreaker isnt the worst power dps anymore. I was forced to play it on qadim1 because people want the bubble instead of hitting another pylon that dies in 5 seconds.

Needless to say I was the lowest, no matter how hard I tried.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I don’t really mind spell being a competitive mode focused spec at all. It still works in open world just fine.

Everything works fine in open world, it's a low balance standar, pve balance is mostly focused in instanced content, and spellbreaker is really bad there, everything else is far better.

And you can't just let 1 spec being competitive focused, while the newest one got love for pve, while the warrior one has been that bad for years.

Edited by Zizekent.2398

10 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Everything works fine in open world, it's a low balance standar, pve balance is mostly focused in instanced content, and spellbreaker is really bad there, everything else is far better.

And you can't just let 1 spec being competitive focused, while the newest one got love for pve, while the warrior one has been that bad for years.

Yes, i know that's a low balance standard, and isn't one i would use. Was more of a joking, add on remark at the end xD

We are just going to disagree on this, specs can be competitive mode focused, and that's perfectly fine imo. Its not good if they aren't good in competitive modes either though, even more so if they only have 1 potential role and they aren't particularly good at that either, and spell could definitely use some love. 

1 minute ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Yes, i know that's a low balance standard, and isn't one i would use. Was more of a joking, add on remark at the end xD

We are just going to disagree on this, specs can be competitive mode focused, and that's perfectly fine imo. Its not good if they aren't good in competitive modes either though, even more so if they only have 1 potential role and they aren't particularly good at that either, and spell could definitely use some love. 

Can't disagree on that, competitive specs are fine, but then it's bad for the competitive scenario and the other competitive spec is just better on both game modes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Can't disagree on that, competitive specs are fine, but then it's bad for the competitive scenario and the other competitive spec is just better on both game modes.

Ah, i see, i misread your statement. Never mind, we don't disagree, lol. My general stance is just to improve spellbreaker (see my latest topic post i made today if you are interested), and have made numerous topics about doing so. have a nice night friend :) 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They'd have to really increase damage done to boonless foes to help SpB in PvE. Or allow Dispelling Force to remove certain non-boon effects. That would be an immediate niche in all game modes.

Would be interesting mechanic to see, but needs to be handled very carefully in what exactly it is allowed to remove to make sure spellbreaker doesn't become mandatory in encounters.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Would be interesting mechanic to see, but needs to be handled very carefully in what exactly it is allowed to remove to make sure spellbreaker doesn't become mandatory in encounters.

I know. Nothing mechanic centered certainly.

Still, Sun & Moon Style being only +10% in PvE is kind of a wash considering that SpB gives up higher tier bursts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't play PvE any more, so sorry if this is naive, but I feel like you could probably improve SpB dmg to acceptable levels by increasing the max stacks of attackers insight to 8 or 10.  10 stacks would be an additional +500 power, precision, and ferocity.. that's gotta be pretty competitive, right? And it would promote a style of gameplay focused on CC and boonrip (to generate the AI stacks) which is thematically appropriate for SpB.

Just a thought. 

Addendum: personally, I think increasing the AI stacks would be a good idea in competitive modes, too. 

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I don't play PvE any more, so sorry if this is naive, but I feel like you could probably improve SpB dmg to acceptable levels by increasing the max stacks of attackers insight to 8 or 10.  10 stacks would be an additional +500 power, precision, and ferocity.. that's gotta be pretty competitive, right? And it would promote a style of gameplay focused on CC and boonrip (to generate the AI stacks) which is thematically appropriate for SpB.

Just a thought. 

The thing is that keeping up 5 stacks is already quite annoying. And you cant just spam physicals because you want to time them for peak performance. You would also need to increase the duration of each stack. Spamming so much cc comes also at a dps cost otherwise.

8 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

The thing is that keeping up 5 stacks is already quite annoying. And you cant just spam physicals because you want to time them for peak performance. You would also need to increase the duration of each stack. Spamming so much cc comes also at a dps cost otherwise.

Yeah, that's fair. This could be compensated for (in part) by extending the duration of the stacks so it's easier to maintain them (or add an "all stacks refresh duration when a stack is generated" mechanic).

Edit: oops, I missed that you mentioned extending the duration in your post. #speedreadingfail

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 1

Yes anbujackson and CalmTheStorm, pretty much the easiest ways to increase Spellbreaker's dps would be increasing damage on boonless foes or increasing stacks and duration of Attacker's Insight. 

I don't even know if they care to make Spellbreaker a raid viable elite spec.  In their future balance manifesto, they should clarify whether or not a goal is to make all elite specs raid viable (and not just for particular encounter).  I personally would like the aforementioned to be one of their goals but they may not be willing to make such a resource commitment.