[Feedback] Starting area bosses

Hello, this is my feedback about che change of start area world bosses, you boost the HP and add some more mechanics to to increase the time needed to kill them, but the reward is not enought compared to the time wasted to do so. Is subpar. This is not worth the time invested.

The reward should be blalanced to the time and people you need to do such task. My suggestion is, leave everything as it is but increase the reward, money, items with the chance to drop ascended gear (both weapons or armor), or reduce the time needed to kill it by lowering its overall hp.

Before the change start area bosses were more balanced, the reward was indeed low but balanced with  the efford needed to kill them.

This is my personal opinion and feedback. Thank you.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

• Miporin.3529 changed the title to [Starting area world bosses] Reward is not enought for the time invested

Sounds like you normally do boss trains. How much time did you spend on waiting for the next boss? 

Now that waiting time is reduced with 300% increase of rewards. 

Looking at shadow behemoth. Instead of 2 min its now 3 minutes of fight. Sounds to me like it is an improvement. 

Edited by Cronospere.8143
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Sounds like you normally do boss trains. How much time did you spend on waiting for the next boss? 

Now that waiting time is reduced with 300% increase of rewards. 

Looking at shadow behemoth. Instead of 2 min its now 3 minutes of fight. Sounds to me like it is an improvement. 

I do train, the reward is subpar compared to the time needed to kill them, i can achieve the same reward doing other tasks as bounties with much more less efford and time invested. You also need to be more active than before because they introduced mechanics that require more actions and positioning.

Increase the reward should fix it, imo.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Miporin.3529 said:

I do train, the reward is subpar compared to the time needed to kill them, i can achieve the same reward doing other tasks as bounties with much more less efford and time invested. You also need to be more active than before because they introduced mechanics that require more actions and positioning.

So thats why you now have 4 bags instead of 1. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

So thats why you now have 4 bags instead of 1. 

Exact, and is not enought, is crap blue and green gear,  for the time invensted and the efford to be constantly active and positioning. Should be at least 8 bags or drop more rare items to compensate.

Tequati is what i call balanced, time invested and reward with a rare chance of ascended weapon.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Miporin.3529 said:

Exact, and is not enought, is crap for the time invensted and the efford to be constantly active positioning. Should be at leat 8 bags or a chance to drop high level items.

Tequati is what i call balanced, good reward and a chance to drop ascended.

What are you talking about? Its still a starter area boss. Shadow behemoth is like a min extra time, with 3 red circles you need to avoid. How is that difficult content for you? So you truthfully want to stay in the same spot activating auto attack on 1 and wait for your rewards which was 1 kitten bag? 

If you want lazy easy content go do afk farming or something like that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

What are you talking about? Its still a starter area boss. Shadow behemoth is like a min extra time, with 3 red circles you need to avoid. How is that difficult content for you? So you truthfully want to stay in the same spot activating auto attack on 1 and wait for your rewards which was 1 kitten bag? 

If you want lazy easy content go do afk farming or something like that.

Yes, the time needed and the efford positioning to do it for a mere 4 bags of green and blue gear is imo, subpar, i prefer 1 bag like before but less efford to kill it, it was much better. Tequati and bounties is what i consider properly balanced.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

• Miporin.3529 changed the title to [Feedback] Starting area bosses
6 minutes ago, Miporin.3529 said:

Of course, mine was just a feedback and a suggestion, the forum is here for, nothing else.

My feedback to you: When you create one of these feedback threads, don't respond to others unless it's a genuine question for clarification.

Like you said, it's just feedback given with a suggestion and then Anet can decide whether or not they want to do something with it. There's no need to defend your feedback.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

My feedback to you: When you create one of these feedback threads, don't respond to others unless it's a genuine question for clarification.

Like you said, it's just feedback given with a suggestion and then Anet can decide whether or not they want to do something with it. There's no need to defend your feedback.

Well they can just send a email to anet aswell if they dont want any comments on it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

Ok, adding some feedback of my own here.

• Behemoth is a bit of a mess right now but once people see that tactics need to change I'm sure it'll be just fine. (Particularly that the portals now need more players to take down - standing around a dps spot may not be the best tactic anymore.)
  • Frozen maw gets very tedious since the shaman does his rushes very often, and it's not rare that he runs out of his leash range and goes invulnerable while running back. Could probably be tuned a bit but should then be fine. Overall the telegraphs of his attacks are much improved.
  • Jungle wurm runs the risk of going down a rabbit hole; the incoming aoes from a lot of sources is quite significant so you spend a lot of time avoiding them. Also the 25% invuln phase may become an issue if there's not enough people since most don't seem to understand cc (still) so the adds get to the boss and allow it to heal up. My very limited data (once/day since launch) shows a sharp decline in the number of players. This should probably be looked at (by Anet).
  • Fire elemental is in a really bad state. It's starting to look like when the game launched, with dead players all over the place and lots and lots of fire aoe hitting. Again my very limited data shows a very sharp decline in players. Of all the starter zone bosses I'd say this one really needs to be tuned down a lot. Massive health pool -and- much increased mechanics don't make for a fun fight. The pre events should probably be looked at as well to see if they can be shortened a bit. As it stands now fire elemental takes well over 15 minutes to complete.

All in all I somewhat agree with the OP that the boss metas and their rewards aren't balanced to each other, but the worst issue is if veterans stop doing this - then how will the new(er) players cope with it?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Zohane.7208 said:

but the worst issue is if veterans stop doing this - then how will the new(er) players cope with it?

I haven't done all 4 of them yet, but this was certainly my take on Frozen Maw.  I like the new mechanics of the fight and that he moves around a lot, but it feels like a huge HP sponge that takes forever.  Once many vets stop doing this boss, what will then become of the newer players and their attempts at it?

Have only done Fire Elemental once, right after the patch hit and I didn't see an inordinate number of deaths lying about, but again, once veterans look for more profitable pastures, how will newer players deal with this boss?

Certainly hoping that Anet is looking at numbers and will do some tweaking.  I do like the changes that I saw so far (and that they ar different from the other starter zone world bosses for variety), but either the scaling is way off or something else in the numbers needs to be addressed.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Miporin.3529 said:

Exact, and is not enought, is crap blue and green gear,  for the time invensted and the efford to be constantly active and positioning. Should be at least 8 bags or drop more rare items to compensate.

Tequati is what i call balanced, time invested and reward with a rare chance of ascended weapon.

Each of those loot bags has the chance to drop an ascended or a precursor, actually. Extremely low chance, but still, it can happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Calm dude, if they reply to me with their opinion is my duty to reply, since i care about this topic.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Zohane.7208 said:

Ok, adding some feedback of my own here.

• Behemoth is a bit of a mess right now but once people see that tactics need to change I'm sure it'll be just fine. (Particularly that the portals now need more players to take down - standing around a dps spot may not be the best tactic anymore.)
  • Frozen maw gets very tedious since the shaman does his rushes very often, and it's not rare that he runs out of his leash range and goes invulnerable while running back. Could probably be tuned a bit but should then be fine. Overall the telegraphs of his attacks are much improved.
  • Jungle wurm runs the risk of going down a rabbit hole; the incoming aoes from a lot of sources is quite significant so you spend a lot of time avoiding them. Also the 25% invuln phase may become an issue if there's not enough people since most don't seem to understand cc (still) so the adds get to the boss and allow it to heal up. My very limited data (once/day since launch) shows a sharp decline in the number of players. This should probably be looked at (by Anet).
  • Fire elemental is in a really bad state. It's starting to look like when the game launched, with dead players all over the place and lots and lots of fire aoe hitting. Again my very limited data shows a very sharp decline in players. Of all the starter zone bosses I'd say this one really needs to be tuned down a lot. Massive health pool -and- much increased mechanics don't make for a fun fight. The pre events should probably be looked at as well to see if they can be shortened a bit. As it stands now fire elemental takes well over 15 minutes to complete.

All in all I somewhat agree with the OP that the boss metas and their rewards aren't balanced to each other, but the worst issue is if veterans stop doing this - then how will the new(er) players cope with it?

Yea, this was exactly my point somehow, agree with you, the reward/time and efford should be tweaked, moreover they are too difficult for new players too since they are starting area world bosses, i agree with this.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Each of those loot bags has the chance to drop an ascended or a precursor, actually. Extremely low chance, but still, it can happen.

You can't be serious about this, come on, i played the game since launch and in a decade they never drop once. 😆

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

My first exotic came from the chest in the cave by Lake Feritas, back in the early days when an exotic was "oooh ahh!" My first precursor popped out of a JP chest in Caledon forest, and my first piece of ascended gear came from killing a drake while waiting for the great jungle wurm event to start. My second precursor came from opening an unidentified green.

Anything is possible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Miporin.3529 said:

You can't be serious about this, come on, i played the game since launch and in a decade they never drop once. 😆

I got howl from a green champion bag in ascalon catacombs once since the head start of the game so it is quite rare indeed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Miporin.3529 said:

Increase the reward should fix it, imo.

You could do almost anything else in the game and still get better rewards for your time.  I don't see what your point is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2