PvP Achievement League Professional - What the heck do I need to do?

angrax.1372

"Complete two professional achievements".

What is it talking about? I did complete it for tier 1, but other than playing a few games with other classes, I have no idea what I had to do to "complete a professional achievement". Soo looking at tier 2, 3 and 4, it seems I have to play more classes for longer. But I am still unsure what I need to accomplish exactly with each class to have the count increased.

Oh. I think I figured out. The UI is dumb and hides what you did once you complete it and also hides part II because it is locked.

To anyone wondering, when you have the Achievement unlocked and not yet completed, it will list several "Win a game with class X". You just need to win games (I think only 1) with as many different classes as the achievement requests.

Oh gosh. On Another note, tier IV you have to win 10 matches with every class. Ugh. Although you can still slowly grind this forward, one of the achievements really concerns me: "Win 6 ranked matches in a day.".

If I can even get that number of matches in a single day ::dread::...

Edited by angrax.1372

Like @Lysico.4906 prime time is your best bet.

The achievement to win 6 in one day very likely resets with dailies and daily reset time is usually primetime, at least on NA.

That will give you the most possible time to work with and quicker games. Everyone is getting home from work around that time and are usually inebriated enough to where a few games of Ranked seems like a fun idea.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, angrax.1372 said:

Oh gosh. On Another note, tier IV you have to win 10 matches with every class. Ugh. Although you can still slowly grind this forward, one of the achievements really concerns me: "Win 6 ranked matches in a day.".

If I can even get that number of matches in a single day ::dread::...

I was nervous about this one as well. Got it knocked out by getting most of them prime time the night before a day off, then spent some time the following day to get the last few.

I’m currently working on my last of the three elite profession achievements. I pretty much play two different professions, so having to grind out ten wins on a profession I don’t know is a little rough, but with the number of games you need to play for the other achievements, it’ll happen eventually.

Which is all to say, my experience with Ascension so far is that it looks worse on paper than it actually ends up being in actual play.

And by the time I’m done, it looks like I’ll have enough currency for a couple legendary armor pieces as well.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, angrax.1372 said:

Oh good. Thanks for confirming.

Yes, (only) two other professions than your main. Three in total. And this for every level of this achievement. 27 winning games per profession in total.

To me it was quite a headache as I only play Elementalist but you just need to pick a profession and go with it. Even if you're bad it it you will need to degrade enough to get on your level and complete it. And maybe you even "git gud" in the process. Otherwise it just is a grind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Yes, (only) two other professions than your main. Three in total. And this for every level of this achievement. 27 winning games per profession in total.

To me it was quite a headache as I only play Elementalist but you just need to pick a profession and go with it. Even if you're bad it it you will need to degrade enough to get on your level and complete it. And maybe you even "git gud" in the process. Otherwise it just is a grind.

I'd like to add:

One thing I've found helps on professions you don't know well is to try and take support builds. Stuff like heals, cleanses, and boons like Stability are always extremely useful in fights, but if you try to take a damage build without having any kind of rotation or even worse, end up 1v1'ing on sidenodes it gets super rough because the player more skilled with their class will always win those by default.

Also as you said, be willing to degrade. Degrading isn't bad even though it gives players anxiety about their performance, you'll find games easier and less stressful the lower you go.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2

Afaik when starting to do one for the later tiers (profession you did not get wins on the ealier tiers) ... it will also count the achievement (I think for some achievement points) for the lower ones - since unlocked.

You should try just some easy ones ... and even if you lose (as long as you do not care about rank/rating) ... it will get easier and you might be able to get wins. That is how I did it. Then you can go for rating/rank later in the next season again if you want.

This afaik is the cheapest back piece - taking the other materials that you need to have (the ones that can be bought/sold at TP or farmed youself) into account.

Edited by Luthan.5236

On 7/31/2022 at 4:13 AM, Luthan.5236 said:

Afaik when starting to do one for the later tiers (profession you did not get wins on the ealier tiers) ... it will also count the achievement (I think for some achievement points) for the lower ones - since unlocked.

You should try just some easy ones ... and even if you lose (as long as you do not care about rank/rating) ... it will get easier and you might be able to get wins. That is how I did it. Then you can go for rating/rank later in the next season again if you want.

This afaik is the cheapest back piece - taking the other materials that you need to have (the ones that can be bought/sold at TP or farmed youself) into account.

It is indeed the cheapest and also for legendary armor overall. Having to win 10 matches with 3 professions is a lot bette rthan what I though it was. I get good results with Mechanist and Bladesworn (to a lesser extent) already and already completed several related achievements fro those two. I think Soulbeast could be another class I can knock this achievement out relatively easily. 

But thanks for all the help.

• Like 1