New Guild Hall Decorations for Festival of the Four Winds?

Sugar Min.5834

The FO4W page (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Festival_of_the_Four_Winds_2022)  lists 4 new decorations

Dock Crane

10 steel ingots, 20 Hard wood planks, master's Finishing Kit, 20 Zephyr Lanterns

- Windmill Wheel
20 bolts of Linen, 20 Hard wood planks, master's Finishing Kit, 20 Zephyr Lanterns

- Netted Crates

20 bolts of jute, 20 green wood planks, basic Finishing Kit, 10 Zephyr Lanterns

Pulley Hook

underwhelming decs imo. the windmill wheel might be fun, but i don't really want to build any of these to get a 3d look at them.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Kelly 🙂

Well, anything new is indeed a welcome. But there are many really cool looking and interesting structural props, lights and cute stuff in the Four Winds Festival, I wish we could have those instead 😥 And when we do get something cool, they are unpolished or lacking, for example the Phoenix Lantern (no lights), Holographic Race Tracks (incomplete set) 😔

Anyway, I scribed a few of these new decos for I do have two simple docks in my GH. I made a Pulley Hook and I accidentally clicked the place button a few times and I lost it somewhere. I went around the area many times looking for it but I just couldn't see it 😕

Is there a good way to find the decos you have accidentally placed? Or maybe return selective ones back to the storage? I wish. I'll have to make another one I guess. But I ran out of zephyr lanterns. Sigh.

Edited by MintyMin.2718

2 hours ago, MintyMin.2718 said:

Anyway, I scribed a few of these new decos for I do have two simple docks in my GH. I made a Pulley Hook and I accidentally clicked the place button a few times and I lost it somewhere. I went around the area many times looking for it but I just couldn't see it 😕

Is there a good way to find the decos you have accidentally placed? Or maybe return selective ones back to the storage? I wish. I'll have to make another one I guess. But I ran out of zephyr lanterns. Sigh.

this is why they really need an undo/redo button.

The thing i do is try to remember the target line i was standing at and then look in the direction usually far down below where it might be and spam the area with the large delete button. (kind of like my own metal detector) Usually you can highlight the item to find it. IF i can't find it from where i'm at cause its too far then yea the hunt is on. Only other option is to wipe hall but i never do that for 1 dec and figure when we move halls for the next xpac we'll get it then. 😞

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 3

I crafted the windmill last night and stuck in on a pole.  It's really nice!  

It had slipped my mind how few decorations there really are for FotFW.  Perhaps some elemental decorations would be nice, more kite options, hot air balloons.  Something besides....sticks.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 12:41 AM, Kelly.7019 said:

The FO4W page (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Festival_of_the_Four_Winds_2022)  lists 4 new decorations

Dock Crane

10 steel ingots, 20 Hard wood planks, master's Finishing Kit, 20 Zephyr Lanterns

- Windmill Wheel
20 bolts of Linen, 20 Hard wood planks, master's Finishing Kit, 20 Zephyr Lanterns

- Netted Crates

20 bolts of jute, 20 green wood planks, basic Finishing Kit, 10 Zephyr Lanterns

Pulley Hook

underwhelming decs imo. the windmill wheel might be fun, but i don't really want to build any of these to get a 3d look at them.

Man, when we (hopefully!!) inevitably get player housing as a feature we are gonna have SO many decorations because of all these years of guild hall 😄

11 hours ago, Fenom.9457 said:

Man, when we (hopefully!!) inevitably get player housing as a feature we are gonna have SO many decorations because of all these years of guild hall 😄

Maybe- but those could be just guild hall decorations. Maybe housing decs would be a different system or category?

but yer right it would be easier just to dup it all.

Still for solo decorating [they would/ would they] have to reduce the mats required which means going back and reviewing every decoration, so... yea idk on that.

Edited by Kelly.7019

On 8/6/2022 at 2:46 AM, Kelly.7019 said:

Maybe- but those could be just guild hall decorations. Maybe housing decs would be a different system or category?

but yer right it would be easier just to dup it all.

Still for solo decorating [they would/ would they] have to reduce the mats required which means going back and reviewing every decoration, so... yea idk on that.

To be clear yes I absolutely think housing decorations would have a different system of acquisition because many decorations are absurdly priced because they carry the expectation that a guild is doing it together. If it were for player to player housing most decorations would need a second listing at their vendors with adjusted prices. 

However decorations for the guild hall still means more and more assets for a housing system now exist and can likely share at least partial coding as well for things like being moved around and placed

• Like 1