Anniversary sale 2022 [Merged]

52 minutes ago, Miragen.6127 said:

Talking about materials here, which I don't think qualifies as junk.

If you say so.

You just get an incomplete story until you finance the living world stuff, which is absurd that it's not part of the expansions.

If this game is for you, have fun with it. If it is not for you, find one that is.  Cry less, play more. Have a good life, I will waste no more time on you. 😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Miragen.6127 said:

Your assumption was presented as fact, and 'the fact' is again your assumption.

Saying I don't think it's true I cannot convert gold to gems is neither assumption nor fact but an outright lie really.

.And my whole argument was about the lack of a discount during a 10 year celebration and Steam release, I don't know what you are even arguing at this point. 

You can call it a lie, but that's only after the fact that you deleted your entire response that i was referring to. Lol. Your argument shifts from one aspect of cost to another, so i don't think you have a "whole argument". You're just arguing for the sake of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King.3720 said:

You can call it a lie, but that's only after the fact that you deleted your entire response that i was referring to. Lol. Your argument shifts from one aspect of cost to another, so i don't think you have a "whole argument". You're just arguing for the sake of it.

I haven't deleted anything, that's not even an option.. not that it matters as there never was a post where I said you cannot do that.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

If this game is for you, have fun with it. If it is not for you, find one that is.  Cry less, play more. Have a good life, I will waste no more time on you. 😎

Yeah, because the game is perfect and you need to be a kitten to anyone who disagrees, I get it. 

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

So, if in WoW, you can subsidize costs by playing the game, why is it not mentioned here, that you can subsidize costs/acquire all Living World Seasons/Episodes and everything else in the Gem Store by just playing the game (Gold to Gems)??  If good for the goose, should be good for the gander, no?

Also, as far as limitations go, ArenaNet runs promotions almost all the time giving out Heroic Edition codes.  There's one going on right now, in fact.

Pretty sure that is mentioned a lot? But people don't present it fairly where WoW costs thousands but GW2 is free and the cash shop has zero downsides.

Yeah, both can use the in game currency to avoid having to pay money, but then the justification for the $100 is less sound.

I don't know if they are running promotions, you tell me, clearly nothing about that is indicated on their website so I can only assume they do a poor job at communicating that, but I also don't really see how that helps, heroic edition doesn't include a whole lot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Miragen.6127 said:

the cash shop has zero downsides.

Lol... what. How can anyone think this, have you never played another game before? Also, this comparison you have have been doing is dumb. You can farm gold at a way higher rate in WoW so it's dumb to compare dollar mounts. I've easily farmed thousands of dollars worth of gold in WoW no problem, even $100 in GW2 is enough to burn me out. At least in WoW you farm gold to play the game, in GW2 farming gold is the game.

• Confused 1

The freebies were nice, no really, but the lack of an actual sale for your 10 year anniversary is extremely disappointing. I was looking forward to splurge cash on the game but welp guess it'll stay in my pocket. I'm disappointed and Anet doesn't have my money. Literally nobody wins. Not sure why 'let's not have a sale this year' was a good idea in the board meeting..

The communication on this from Anet is extremely unprofessional as well. You announce discounts 6 weeks ago and then... nothing. People start flooding the forums with questions if there will be a sale and then... absolutely no response. So now people have been left wondering for over a month in uncertainty. I really, really loathe that.

Edited by Pheex.8932
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Pheex.8932 said:

The freebies were nice, no really, but the lack of an actual sale for your 10 year anniversary is extremely disappointing. I was looking forward to splurge cash on the game but welp guess it'll stay in my pocket. I'm disappointed and Anet doesn't have my money. Literally nobody wins. Not sure why 'let's not have a sale this year' was a good idea in the board meeting..

The communication on this from Anet is extremely unprofessional as well. You announce discounts 6 weeks ago and then... nothing. People start flooding the forums with questions if there will be a sale and then... absolutely no response. So now people have been left wondering for over a month in uncertainty. I really, really loathe that.

Would look pretty sus if they discounted living world seasons just after steam players paid 100 bucks to have them included instead of 4k gems.

It's just the Steam release, they can't afford to miss the chance of making new players to gear their accounts up at full price. Sadly happening right on a usually more important anniversary than others being a decade, so you'd expect many things going on sale, a big celebration and all. By now I've already given up on anything special happening. It usually would be almost or over one month of items being announced and getting their discount every few days. It seems the vouchers were seen as sales since you could get more expensive items with them, same some items here and there with a shy discount, but not what you'd expect. Also getting us used to those supply drops on special events like the end of LWS4, EoD release and the last 2 anniversaries... but not releasing a very special one for this one. The mount license was the only special thing I see they've done, if you put away the video mistake lol. I don't know their numbers but to me, it's a virtual item, no real cost to them and with the big amount of mounts available, even if they'd lose some of the sales from people that would have bought them normally they also earnt those that found they want more mount skins. Basically an investment disguised as a sample.

Time to wait for Halloween then.

36 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Would look pretty sus if they discounted living world seasons just after steam players paid 100 bucks to have them included instead of 4k gems.

It should've been on sale at the start of the anniversary. People on Steam being salty as well over not having any discounts to jump in. Also there's more than just living world.

4 hours ago, Pheex.8932 said:

The lacking communication on it is def the weirdest part to me. If they don't want to have much sales for whatever reason, they don't have to, but it is pretty weird when you think about it for a shop to have customers clamoring for a sale (during a typical promotional period) cause they want to spend money on your store and they get silence as an explanation. Like some stores would be happy just to have customers who care that much about what it's selling lol.

• Like 2