I don't understand Why you making this??

Carnage.6751

I don't understand why you make this game mode such an unpleasant and terrible experience.This is perfect recipe for killing your game A-net.Imagine pvp players  moving from other mmorpgs to this  (like Wow or FFXIV).This would be absolute NOPE for them. This is not even good state for f2p mmorpg games.İts absolute clown fiesta.And Look at Gw 2 reviews  in youtube.All talking about pve open world experience.Look how lush and big maps are,bosses to kill.When it comes to PvP nothing.

And its shameless to A-net doesn't care and address any issues about this mode.At least have some dignity and say "YES Sorry  WE Fxxx UP!".Casual players seeing spvp as f...ing material farm.Afk and wintraders all over the place.I suffered all this horrible matches for get to "the Ascension" but what cost?Yeah all this terrible time for flappy wings.After all this frustration experience completing to backpack gave me not excitement ,gave me  relief.Because I don't need to grind in this kitten game mode anymore.

And its might be possible Devs focus their attention to their new project and leaving this game as seat filler.Yes guys Please buy Cat skin for jade bot.While we don't have any solution for dead lfg,horrible pvp experience,unfun grindy game experience.All this half-kitten mmorpg cost you only 45 dollars.

Only thing makes this game as standout being b2p.İmagine asking sub fee for this experience.Another day another terrible pvp experience in Gw 2.Who ı'm talking to anyway?

Edited by Carnage.6751
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

They want to justify abandonment.

This game was built on its predecessor which had so many game modes and most were competitive in a way or another.

Too bad the timing of the first wasn't really meshed with the Twitch spark, but if it had been....OMG

Sadly, the devs made so many decisions that were totally wrong and not aligned with their roots, and they even didn't support Twitch, YT, or anything else seriously.

PVE was never their strength, and once they went gemstore casual, their death warrant was signed.

We are literally playing a dead game with none of the original devs, most of the vets fired, and the rest are forced into silence.

Lol, even Gaile was better than her replacement.

So Ben is gone, 2019 was a public announcment of 1/3 studio firing, and a silent second 3rd.

They said no expacs, but wanted to do sagas, then cancelled sagas and released a literally failed expac, then claimed success, but financials say otherwise.

The clowns say we are all wrong about maintenance mode, yet they have like 15 or 20 positions on their Anet jobs site that are going to be working on a new game, established franchise....how many of those does Anet have?

Lmao, fools....its over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Damocles.4908 said:

So what now?

İn this point I don't know.I'm looking for another game for fill place of Gw 2.But unfortunately in mmorpg market You rather play top or dead game.And because of exchange rates ;dirt cheap  sub fee becomes a fortune for other countries.And many people doesn't understand that.A couple years ago I post a thread about expansion and gem prices and ask local pricing because I want to support this game and with this way many more players can join to game but  I mocked by  10 yo Timmy who lives in Eu .For him 15-20 euro means nothing.("Oh you can't pay 15 dollars every month?how poor you are?")

He can steal his mom' credit card and purchase it.Prob their parents doesn't even notice.But for me it means 273 liras.İmagine paying 273 dollars for one expansion or paying 273 dollars  every month for play an game.

Unfortunately we have not much a choice when it comes to mmorpgs.We passed to times  every company try to be new mmorpg king.AS b2p title GW2 only title you can play fmo.İf I would pay sub I would go to FF14.I have No desire for wasting my hours in Black desert online or paying microtransactions for getting cute anime girls in Genshin impact.Sad fact we live in mmorpg limbo.I have no alternative for Gw 2 for now...

İf you have any recommendations I would love to...

Edited by Carnage.6751

2 hours ago, Carnage.6751 said:

İn this point I don't know.I'm looking for another game for fill place of Gw 2.But unfortunately in mmorpg market You rather play top or dead game.And because of exchange rates ;dirt cheap  sub fee becomes a fortune for other countries.And many people doesn't understand that.A couple years ago I post a thread about expansion and gem prices and ask local pricing because I want to support this game and with this way many more players can join to game but  I mocked by  10 yo Timmy who lives in Eu .For him 15-20 euro means nothing.("Oh you can't pay 15 dollars every month?how poor you are?")

He can steal his mom' credit card and purchase it.Prob their parents doesn't even notice.But for me it means 273 liras.İmagine paying 273 dollars for one expansion or paying 273 dollars  every month for play an game.

Unfortunately we have not much a choice when it comes to mmorpgs.We passed to times  every company try to be new mmorpg king.AS b2p title GW2 only title you can play fmo.İf I would pay sub I would go to FF14.I have No desire for wasting my hours in Black desert online or paying microtransactions for getting cute anime girls in Genshin impact.Sad fact we live in mmorpg limbo.I have no alternative for Gw 2 for now...

İf you have any recommendations I would love to...

I think I see where your coming from, but looking don't worry about what what-his-face (timmy) said. and I'll be honest, I have really enjoyed the Pve stuff and this is coming from someone who did pvp since core and only pvp...mostly.

(I will assume this part to be PVP related) Now, I have encountered bots before and salty players, cannot deny that and its really annoying but the sun still shines tomorrow so I try not to get to bothered by. Also don't make the mistake that "only gw2 has bots", wow is really bad with it atm (seriously just type in youtube, its a big topic for content creators actually) and their forums also have alot of topics on this. I havent seem many in gw2 since the near the last updates of Pof in Pvp, not saying that there aren't any but I have seen a big decrease.

Also what are you wanting or hoping to change, I am bit lost on your response but I assume its maybe the unbalance of pvp atm?, maybe try spice things up a bit, I am currently running a core warrior rifle and daul swords (surprise!) and sometimes it needs a lot of testing to get it on par with everything else. I sometimes do well and sometimes fall flat on my face, dust yourself off and carry on.

So to make things maybe a bit more interesting  find the "captain" in the pvp arena mist, I am often on the tree stump, with a pirate kinda outfit, only warrior with daul swords and rifle. Up to you. Good Luck

7 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Ashes of Creation will be in alpha 2 soon. Game is starting to look polished.

Id say keep up the hype train that will die off in no time. Always the same pattern. Game is hyped up then ends up being trash. BDO, New World, Ark blah blah etc more blah blah. Ashes will be another garbage, save this post/ss it or whatever and see i was right. Thanks me later

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's too late in all likelihood. You need a large playerbase for good PvP experiences and to bring in that large playerbase you need a good experience. PvP in GW2 is not a good experience.

I can't name another game with as many mechanics that cannot be realistically countered as we see in GW2. Immunity, invulnerability, boons, blinks, stealth, massive aoe condition spam and damage to name a few problems.

You need to play a handful of specific classes with a handful of builds that take advantage of a few of what I listed up above and you can absolutely dump on anyone new coming into the scene. And that new player leaves, the playerbase does not grow, veterans slowly leave over time for other games or slowly lose the desire to play games (as I've experienced over the years). It's a vicious cycle.

It is what it is. PvP and WvW are material farms. If I wanted to see how competitive I could be I'd launch up League of Legends and play a game or two. They are a PvP game focused on balancing PvP and Guild Wars 2 has never been and will never be close to that.

Edited by Leger.3724

Sometimes wow pvp vids pop up in my feed and I watch them for a few minutes. It’s great for taking my rose coloured glasses off and kicking me in the nuts:
8 second spammable CC followed by 5 second stuns 

5 minute cooldowns

Perma slows

No self healing

Needing cleansing from a healer

Can’t move while casting 

No dodging

I spent 8 years doing that kitten. I’ve been playing GW2 for 5 years now and I still love it. You all might think it’s a big pile of kitten but I kittening love it. I don’t care if I win or lose, I always have fun. The worst thing about GW2 is the cry babies that sit at home after losing the first team fight. 

Edited by Tulkas.2576
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Id say keep up the hype train that will die off in no time. Always the same pattern. Game is hyped up then ends up being trash. BDO, New World, Ark blah blah etc more blah blah. Ashes will be another garbage, save this post/ss it or whatever and see i was right. Thanks me later

No thanks. I dont need your pessimism in my life.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

No thanks. I dont need your pessimism in my life.

Ive lived way too long to realize it crap assuming it ever going to release cuz so far it screams scam no different from Star Citizen. Sub based with item mall already for some reason. Characters walks like they got stick in kitten. Oh and enjoy forced pvp, u might as well try Albion to get taste of what it means when you get ganked solo by few people and lose all stuff u had. It be the same in Ashes. Sounds fun😉

On 8/6/2022 at 4:05 AM, Carnage.6751 said:

I don't understand why you make this game mode such an unpleasant and terrible experience.This is perfect recipe for killing your game A-net.Imagine pvp players  moving from other mmorpgs to this  (like Wow or FFXIV).This would be absolute NOPE for them. This is not even good state for f2p mmorpg games.İts absolute clown fiesta.And Look at Gw 2 reviews  in youtube.All talking about pve open world experience.Look how lush and big maps are,bosses to kill.When it comes to PvP nothing.

PVE sells better than PVP in mmorpg that's all. If you have to choose where to put dev ressource for the game you probably will do the same thing

Btw PVP in wow is insaleny lame and I heard FF one is bad too

On 8/5/2022 at 10:05 PM, Carnage.6751 said:

And its shameless to A-net doesn't care and address any issues about this mode.At least have some dignity and say "YES Sorry  WE Fxxx UP!".Casual players seeing spvp as f...ing material farm.Afk and wintraders all over the place.I suffered all this horrible matches for get to "the Ascension" but what cost?Yeah all this terrible time for flappy wings.After all this frustration experience completing to backpack gave me not excitement ,gave me  relief.Because I don't need to grind in this kitten game mode anymore.

This is their vision.

17 hours ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

8 second spammable CC followed by 5 second stuns 

5 minute cooldowns

Perma slows

No self healing

Needing cleansing from a healer

Can’t move while casting 

No dodging

It's PvP is much better than this games.  Stuns aren't spammable and all CC has DRs.

Edited by Kozumi.5816