Suggestion #999 on how to improve spellbreaker: make it a barrier support

Kuya.6495

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

No, you misunderstand. I want spell breaker to be a high-ceiling high-floor boon rip build that is in the top of the meta in pvp. Spell is not good enough as it is 🙂 

I personally think a spellbreaker build that gets barrier when you trigger full counter, remove boons and interrupt enemies would make spellbreaker better in spvp. 

8 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

I personally think a spellbreaker build that gets barrier when you trigger full counter, remove boons and interrupt enemies would make spellbreaker better in spvp. 

If Warrior was ever going to get Barrier, it should be in the Defence line, not Spellbreaker.

We still have two traits in there that need to be replaced.

37 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If Warrior was ever going to get Barrier, it should be in the Defence line, not Spellbreaker.

I'm personally not a fan of making these additions to core traits. I also said in my OP I didn't think giving warrior quickness on core was a good idea. Giving more barrier on a core traitline just means you now have to worry, not just what a spellbreaker with more barrier access can do in all 3 game modes, but what it could do for berserker and bladesworn. And bladesworn is already a bit much in spvp. I definitely wouldn't want to give it easier access to barrier. 

If theme is your concern, spellbreaker, unlike berserker and bladesworn, has a more defensive theme to it so, in my opinion, it makes more sense to give it something like ample barrier access. 

Again I get some people don't like the theme, but I feel spellbreaker would benefit substantially from having a lot of access to giving allies barrier. It would not just bring it up in pve but also increase its potential in spvp. I also personally fancy the idea, in terms of theme, of having scourge be the barrier support with boon corruption and spellbreaker be the barrier support with boon strip that spreads the stripped boons to allies. Considering that scourge is similar in theme to joko, it would be appropriate for spellbreaker to be the mirror to scourge in terms of team support as it's tied to the sunspears.

Edited by Kuya.6495

17 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

I'm personally not a fan of making these additions to core traits. I also said in my OP I didn't think giving warrior quickness on core was a good idea. Giving more barrier on a core traitline just means you now have to worry, not just what a spellbreaker with more barrier access can do in all 3 game modes, but what it could do for berserker and bladesworn. And bladesworn is already a bit much in spvp. I definitely wouldn't want to give it easier access to barrier. 

This is great insight.  Let me extrapolate this farther.

• Core traitlines across all professions should have different basic boon focuses: fury, might, resistance, regeneration, swiftness, vigor.  
  • Specializations across all professions should have different advanced boon focuses: quickness, alacrity, aegis, resolution, protection, and stability.
  • Maybe you could give one profession the advanced boons to give them a little more profession uniqueness/affinity.
  • This could make balance far better for all classes.  
  • Then you could look at where to put other buffs like superspeed, stealth, etc... probably in core, but leave them to a select class to keep them more unique and rare than the basic boons.  
Edited by Opopanax.1803

21 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It would be nice to get those 300s traits reworked before the end of the game's lifetime. Though imo Defense should probably get access to protection over barrier. barrier might fit better in discipline(of course that's also assuming Fast Hands ever becomes baseline), replacing Heightened Focus Grandmaster or Vengeful Return. Every time you use a burst skill you apply AoE barrier, strength of the barrier is based on adrenaline spent. Vengeful Return  should get changed to something else because there's pretty much no practical use for it all in any game mode.

A wish list of mine would be to update Defense and Stances.. 
-(Reworked) Defy Pain - Reduce incoming Strike and condition damage for every stack of Adrenal Health you have (4% per stack), when you gain adrenal health gain protection for 2 seconds. 
-(Reworked) Last Stand (Stance Mastery)- Your Stances last longer, grant yourself vigor and additional boons .
-Berserker Stance - Resolution (2s a pulse)
-Balanced Stance - Protection (5s)
-Endure Pain -Regeneration (6s)
-Frenzy - Alacrity (5s)
-Defiant Stance - Resistance (3s)

-Base line Berserker Stance Effect Added (4s)- Gain Adrenaline and Incoming conditions duration is reduced by 50%. 
-Frenzy Effect Added (6s)- Gain 1 stack of might per successful strike

-Rousing Resilience- In addition to its current effects gain protection for 4s  when you break out of a crowd control ability.  

1 hour ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

It would be nice to get those 300s traits reworked before the end of the game's lifetime. Though imo Defense should probably get access to protection over barrier. barrier might fit better in discipline(of course that's also assuming Fast Hands ever becomes baseline), replacing Heightened Focus Grandmaster or Vengeful Return. Every time you use a burst skill you apply AoE barrier, strength of the barrier is based on adrenaline spent. Vengeful Return  should get changed to something else because there's pretty much no practical use for it all in any game mode.

While protection might fit better thematically with Defence trait line, in practice it's far less useful for sPvP than a decent amount of Barrier. There's simply too much condition vomit going on to make Protection worthwhile. Unless they finally make Protection affect all damage, I'll always advocate for barrier over Protection.

Edited by Fueki.4753

16 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

While protection might fit better thematically with Defence trait line, in practice it's far less useful for sPvP than a decent amount of Barrier. There's simply too much condition vomit going on to make Protection worthwhile. Unless they finally make Protection affect all damage, I'll always advocate for barrier over Protection.

Warrior is one of the only classes without any protection outside of a single case on Spellbreaker's Guard Counter. Protection  and any other sort of damage mitigation/recovery boon is a very important boon to have if you're going to be in the brunt of things a majority of the time. Defense already has Resolution which is basically condi damage protection and that's on getting  hit by a crit or blocking attacking,  with a very modest cooldown, not to mention Cleansing Ire is still a very good tool for condi management especially on core(if you can land your bursts reliably or slot LB .) With discipline  barrier would be a good fit since you'll be bursting more frequently since you're swapping weapons and gaining adrenaline constantly without SoR and outputting more barrier.

4 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Warrior is one of the only classes without any protection outside of a single case on Spellbreaker's Guard Counter. Protection  and any other sort of damage mitigation/recovery boon is a very important boon to have if you're going to be in the brunt of things a majority of the time. Defense already has Resolution which is basically condi damage protection and that's on getting  hit by a crit or blocking attacking,  with a very modest cooldown, not to mention Cleansing Ire is still a very good tool for condi management especially on core(if you can land your bursts reliably or slot LB .) With discipline  barrier would be a good fit since you'll be bursting more frequently since you're swapping weapons and gaining adrenaline constantly without SoR and outputting more barrier.

Two cases. Immortal Dragon pulses protection when in DT.

But yeah, warrior could use a source of protection in Defense, or at least more easily accessible damage reduction.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 2:37 PM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Sigh...no...just stop.

SPELLBREAKER IS NOT A SUPPORT. IT IS A BOON-STRIPPING SPEC.

STOP listening to those streamers talking all that noise. It is a boon-stripping spec. That is what it is designed around. And also, that's what is actually needed at this stage of the game, where there is boon-vomit everywhere.

its quite funny when other classes can be spellbreaker with only one universal gm trait, while warrior need an entire elite spec to do it lol.

this is why war suck so much, spb needs to be more then just a boon rip core war.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 1