A Conceptual Rework of the Arms Traitline!

oscuro.9720

Hey everyone! The Arms line could use some help right now. This rework concept is focused on focusing the line on conditions, with a bit of utility baked in. It is predominantly focused on ramping up warrior's bleed application and build the entire line off of bleed application. I'm bad with conditions, so this may get out of hand...

Minor Adept: Deep Strikes: Critical hits apply 1 stack of bleed

Top Adept: Torturous Onslaught: Striking a bleeding foe applies torment (2 stacks, 5s, 3s ICD)

Mid AdeptEmpowering Penetration: Gain might when applying bleed (1 stack, 5s, 1s ICD)

Bot AdeptDual Wielding: Attack speed is increased when wielding a main-hand weapon in your off-hand

Minor Master: Toxic Hemorrhaging: Striking a foe with 5 or more bleed applies poison (1 stack, 5s, 3s ICD)

Top Master: Unsuspecting Foe: Disabling a foe applies confusion (3 stacks, 5s, 7s ICD). If you interrupt that foe, apply more confusion (6 stacks, 5s, 7s ICD)

Mid Master: Sundering Burst: Burst skills apply bleed (3 stacks) and vulnerability (3 stacks) per bar of adrenaline spent. 

Bot Master: Blade Master: Applying bleed with a sword applies bleed (1 stack, 5s, 1s ICD). Bleed applied with a sword has increased duration (20%)

Minor GM: Sanguinity: Heal when applying bleed (60)

Top GM: Compounding Conditions: Applying a condition applies bleed (1 stack, 5s, 1s ICD)

Mid GM: Mid GM: Furious: Critical strike chance is increased per bleed stack on a target (1.25%)

Bot GMBloodlust: Striking a foe with 5 or more bleed grants quickness and superspeed (ICD)

This is probably broken, I'm bad with conditions and numbers, but was just some ideas I had. Oh well 🙂 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 2

Pretty good take on an Arms traitline solely focused on condis.

Issue that exists is that Arms needs it's hybrid role improved. And although more ways of applying conditions and new condis that is, is great, a full-on condition line will inadvertedly be tunnelvisioned into the strongest DPS traits. 

It basically boils down to Top, Top, Top as bleeding duration can be capped with expertise and some rune whilst the bleeds themselves can be reliably stacked after reaching a potent crit-chance percentage, which means easy to cover boons can shove aside traits like Middle Adept. Bottom Adept is def not going to be picked and bottom GM sounds like a very OP perma superspeed/quickness condi warrior WvW build xD

Nevertheless, refreshing as always to see more suggestions. Especially after going through all the effort of trying to make an Arms rework myself with people from here. Nice way to apply the poison in the line. Was always thinking of something like, poison coated weapons or rusty weapons (only longbow didn't make sense). 

Glad that we are all are reaching a consensus on minor GM being a life leech mechanic on bleed application. This line needs it and it doesn't even relate to might heal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Im just going to point this one out ; )

Bleed doesnt cap at 25 stacks, its 99+

I totally forgot because it’s rare anyone gets past 25 stacks in competitive modes and I don’t pay attention to conditions the rare time I set foot in pve.

That being said, 124% crit chance sounds perfectly reasonable to me 😂

31 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Pretty good take on an Arms traitline solely focused on condis.

Issue that exists is that Arms needs it's hybrid role improved. And although more ways of applying conditions and new condis that is, is great, a full-on condition line will inadvertedly be tunnelvisioned into the strongest DPS traits. 

It basically boils down to Top, Top, Top as bleeding duration can be capped with expertise and some rune whilst the bleeds themselves can be reliably stacked after reaching a potent crit-chance percentage, which means easy to cover boons can shove aside traits like Middle Adept. Bottom Adept is def not going to be picked and bottom GM sounds like a very OP perma superspeed/quickness condi warrior WvW build xD

Nevertheless, refreshing as always to see more suggestions. Especially after going through all the effort of trying to make an Arms rework myself with people from here. Nice way to apply the poison in the line. Was always thinking of something like, poison coated weapons or rusty weapons (only longbow didn't make sense). 

Glad that we are all are reaching a consensus on minor GM being a life leech mechanic on bleed application. This line needs it and it doesn't even relate to might heal. 

yes, I just had some time and felt like taking a crack at arms. It’s a hard one to deal with. This is probably not fully functional, more of a rough draft in comparison to some of the other rework posts I’ve written that are more thought through. I never use arms or condi, so it’s not the easiest. 

As for bottom GM, there’s supposed to be an ICD, I left off numbers because I wasn’t sure what would be balanced xD otherwise, you are right, super-zoomies warrior is on the menu! Bottom Adept was more of me not knowing what to put there so I just took one of the old GMs and put it there. 

12 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

This alone would make many of Warriors' weapon's condi-applicable due to number of attacks (basically a bleed version of Guardian Virtue of Justice)

That was the objective; to try and find ways to leverage bleed application so it can be beneficial beyond just sword and bow. For example, something like a hybrid sword+GS build could run mid adept in conjunction with the strength line so that critical hits grant might and apply bleed, which grants more might, giving the health of MMR and Sanguinity, plus the endur on MMR. Add in blade master or Sundering burst to add small heals and more bleed gen, and you could stack bleed with great sword. 
Again, I have no idea if this would be balanced or not, I’m very bad with conditions, and it probably would be quite a bit over the top. The post is supposed to be more focused on the concept than the numbers anyways, the numbers always have to be play tested and tweaked, you can’t just guess what you think is good and roll with that or it’ll be a mess 🙂 

@oscuro.9720 You are missing the adrenaline generation trait just let furious be as is.

The signets traits are gone here, why not the basic you keep your passive after using it. 

Dual Wield should probably get second part something like on top of the attack speed, under the effect of quickness you gain 20% more damage.
I think also that Arms should take the ranged weapons trait and be the traitline that works with Ranged weapons, since at least one traitline should do the heavy lifting for that and Arms sounds thematically good choice with the whole renaissance Swords and Flintlocks that can be interpreted by the name.
Also it should probably have some hybrid power/conditions scaling to be useful instead of I hit you and you have the full stack of all conditions, most of the working condition traitlines are basically like that.

3 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

@oscuro.9720 You are missing the adrenaline generation trait just let furious be as is.

The signets traits are gone here, why not the basic you keep your passive after using it. 

Dual Wield should probably get second part something like on top of the attack speed, under the effect of quickness you gain 20% more damage.
I think also that Arms should take the ranged weapons trait and be the traitline that works with Ranged weapons, since at least one traitline should do the heavy lifting for that and Arms sounds thematically good choice with the whole renaissance Swords and Flintlocks that can be interpreted by the name.
Also it should probably have some hybrid power/conditions scaling to be useful instead of I hit you and you have the full stack of all conditions, most of the working condition traitlines are basically like that.

All good points. You could probably bake a lot of this into one, something like; 

Dual Wield is replaced with Master of Arms; Strikes with main hand weapons generate adrenaline. Generate more adrenaline if the main hand weapon is in the offhand. Ranged weapons gain unique effects (existing effects). 

Maybe a little stacked? Idk, just came up with it off the top of my head. The quick damage mod on dual wield is a good idea too. maybe you could bake that part into Bloodlust, by adding “deal increased damage while under the effects of quickness”.

As for the hybrid, yea, just not sure how to roll that in, since a lot of current arms is hybrid and fails to be useful, so I just went full condi 🙂 

Edited by oscuro.9720

6 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

All good points. You could probably bake a lot of this into one, something like; 

Dual Wield is replaced with Master of Arms; Strikes with main hand weapons generate adrenaline. Generate more adrenaline if the main hand weapon is in the offhand. Ranged weapons gain unique effects (existing effects). 

Maybe a little stacked? Idk, just came up with it off the top of my head. The quick damage mod on dual wield is a good idea too. maybe you could bake that part into Bloodlust, by adding “deal increased damage while under the effects of quickness”.

As for the hybrid, yea, just not sure how to roll that in, since a lot of current arms is hybrid and fails to be useful, so I just went full condi 🙂 

Look up guardian and ranger traitlines that are on the same base idea as Arms, hybrid, crit, swords and signets*(kinda, ranger gets traps) with synergy between traitlines to unlock full potential, currently Arms is just passive boost to condi builds since it happens to have condi multipliers but it is just its own thing that you add on top of your build to pad it, instead of getting these traits that are not that amazing on their own but when you use them together they become really strong.

Hiii

Arms was made as follows:

The adept trait applied bleeding on critical hits with a chance and the optional ones offered to improve bleeding, apply other effects per critical hit, or improve critical hit chance.

The master trait increased the critical chance on the burst ability and the optional ones offered improvements to the greatsword - spear, rifle - harpoon gun and swords and being able to gain fury when applying immobilize.

The grandmaster trait increased damage to bleeding enemies and the optional traits offered additional adrenaline per critical hit and quickness when hitting low health enemies on a cooldown.

Now apparently they did not know how to update anything or transfer many features or give identity to the line of Arms, that is, it is a dps line, mainly focused on conditions and critical hits, but of course I forgot the duration of the condition somewhere, the problem is that If the Arms features were already somewhat incoherent, anet ended up making them more incoherent.

One problem with how Arms were targeted was that they kept trying to focus it on critical hits, taking away some accuracy boosts and leaving other things out.

Arms updated more or less as it should have been updated would look like:

Adept
     top: Increases bleeding duration.
    mid: Reduces the recharge of seal abilities and grants accuracy for each equipped, +X gives base precision.
     bot: Tienes una probabilidad de aplicar vulnerabilidad por impacto y una probabilidad mayor al ser impacto crítico.

Master
     top: Increases the attack speed of melee weapon skills.
    mid: Reduces the recharge of rifle and harpoon gun skills + an additional effect such as increasing your range and limit targets.
     bot: Your burst ability immobilizes, immobilizing an enemy grants fury.

Grandmaster
     top: Reduces the recharge of sword skills and increases bleed damage per wielded sword.
    mid: Critical hits grant additional adrenaline, increases critical hit chance against enemies under control effects.
     bot: Hitting an enemy below the health threshold grants quickness and swiftness.

Minor traits
    1: You have a chance to apply bleed on impact and a higher chance to be critical hit.
    2: Burst skill has a higher critical hit chance and grant swiftness.
    3: Increases your critical hit chance against bleeding enemies.

Yeah it still looks incoherent XD, but it is because of the basis of how Arms were made, I would now prefer Arms to focus only on condition damage and condition duration (clear optional power damage buffs, still a dps spec) instead of directly critical hit chance and that this only amplifies the effects instead of being central to the specialization, since it would have more coherence than that outside of discipline, this being the one that improves the main things of the warrior and his "mechanics" currently.

translated by google translator ;3