How is it possible anet that you still haven't added tattoo options for humans.

This guy does a perfectly reasonable request to arenanet, end gets a unwanted negative pushback , get ridiculed for what? Nothing. What is the use of this forum when new people who actually use it as a forum to share their opinions/requests etc get immediately attacked by the same circle of certain regulars. Tattoos/facepaintings do fit with humans, like in historic human cultures. That the northern human culture/kingdoms where deleted after gw1 and not implemented in guildwars 2 changes nothing about that. Just like certain human beards (the wild beard types on the right of the slider) would be perfect for Norns. I wanted to make a Thormund Giantsbane (the Got wildling) inspired Norn, but the type of beards are only available for humans. So no Thormund lokalike Norn for now. The humans have too much clean characterless faces, so that doesnt work also.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, particlepinata.9865 said:

This guy does a perfectly reasonable request to arenanet, end gets a unwanted negative pushback , get ridiculed for what? Nothing. What is the use of this forum when new people who actually use it as a forum to share their opinions/requests etc get immediately attacked by the same circle of certain regulars. Tattoos/facepaintings do fit with humans, like in historic human cultures. That the northern human culture/kingdoms where deleted after gw1 and not implemented in guildwars 2 changes nothing about that. Just like certain human beards (the wild beard types on the right of the slider) would be perfect for Norns. I wanted to make a Thormund Giantsbane (the Got wildling) inspired Norn, but the type of beards are only available for humans. So no Thormund lokalike Norn for now. The humans have too much clean characterless faces, so that doesnt work also.

Three things:

1) It's a public forum on the internet. Someone somewhere at some time will take issue with something, regardless of how reasonable or polite that something is.

2) The thread title and opening post is worded as to be vaguely insulting, which does not present the request in a good light.

3) Several people have replied in good faith as to why humans don't have tattoos and norn do.

Thread TL,DR: Because ArenaNet doesn't want to.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Then it died out when monks died out.. Thanks to Anet.

That's not entirely accurate,  Dante.

We have Firebrand and Druids.

Druids actually suck at their job, mind... but they are healers nevertheless. 

Guardians>Firebrand became the new monks... minus Smithing prayers, which, imo was the best trait in monk class.

But that's another story.

PS. By the way, it wasn't me who placed the confused emojis on your post. 

I don't actually like the things.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 1

I saw a thread about adding tattoos to Human character customization. This is not that. I just wanted to add a topic to discuss the idea of adding tattoos to some of the future human cosmetics. There is already race specific armors outside the cultural armors so the idea of gear intended for a specific race isn't outside the realm of possibility. It would be nice to see some ideas for tattoos for humans through similar means. Be it a new pirate top that gives pirate themed tattoos on the arms or something. Something. After 10 years of main'ing humans, it would be nice to have an extra layer of customization.
Charr and Asura get fur patterns
Norn get tattoos
Sylvari get bioluminescence
And Humans are human. Not a major issue or anything but it would and an extra layer of customization to humans. I realize I named character creation attributes but that's not the point I'm  trying to make. I think it would be nice to see humans get something that, in all honesty, would make perfect sense for them to have and could be altered by gear to fit the theme of the character. I would hate to suggest anything else. Not really looking to go on a rant or anything so I'll stop there. Its just an idea after all.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Humans have already had the most added to them if you check total makeoverkit options so no they dont really need more to make it equal to the other races bub.

I'm well aware of the options in the total makeover kit. I'm also aware a lot of those options are just...bad. But thats not the topic for discussion here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5