GW2 10th anniversary, please don't forget the solo players Anet

10 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

I just said I misunderstood it, I apologize, I'm not in a good mood today because of stuff that happened.

Everyone is allowed a bad day - no harm, no foul.

That said, honestly - every playstyle has its amazing players and its less desirable players. I've worked with people in WvW and PvP who are absolutely wonderful people. The same for PvE. I've also had a few less than fun encounters with both.

In the end, I always find that the good outweighs the bad. People might be surprised if they give something a chance.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

I did not imply it. Your accusation is nonsense and false. I don’t know why you misinterpret my words. At no point did I imply that they are narrow minded because they are tired after work. It had nothing to do with your example. If you read the conversation again you will easily find your mistake. 
 I have weeks where I work many hours and of course I am also tired after work sometimes. 

Well, that was the conversation.

I said people are exhausted after working long hours. They have lives besides the game you know. They come home and maybe, just maybe they play the game to relax, not to get out of their comfort zone.

And your reply to that post was that if they don't want to experience new things they're narrow minded.  Replies aren't in a vacuum. It was a response to  the conversation we were having.

Further proof is when you claimed that if people can't have a healthy work-life balance that's not your problem or something to that effect. You seem to think that everyone gets to choose their situation, which in many places in the world and many situations just isn't true. Your lack of empathy is startling. 

It's fine that you play games to challenge yourself. It's fine that you play games to push your limits or get out of your comfort zone. But it is absolutely judgemental to tell people who work hard and are tired that they're narrow minded because in a game they don't want to push themselves out of their comfort zone. It's okay for those people to play games for different reasons than you do, and I postulate that more of the population is not playing games to push themselves, to but relax or kill time. Those people aren't wrong, even if their participation in the game isn't for the same reason as yours.

I'm sorry you feel held back, but if the bulk of the population is playing the game for a different reason than you are, and I suspect that's the case, then in fact, they're not holding you back, you're trying to force them to play a game in a way other than they bought the game to play.  

For a raid reward, that's one thing, but this is an armor set called Decade, for the tenth anniversary. It's not a legendary armor set, and it's probably not even an ascended armor set.   I'm saying harder content would be inappropriate for a playerbase where most people don't do the difficult content.  I mean I always see raid sellers in the US so someone must be buying raids. Why would people who like the content, buy the content? Seems like a bad deal for an anniversary present to me.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I said people are exhausted after working long hours. They have lives besides the game you know. They come home and maybe, just maybe they play the game to relax, not to get out of their comfort zone.

And your reply to that post was that if they don't want to experience new things they're narrow minded.  Replies aren't in a vacuum. It was a response to  the conversation we were having.

Further proof is when you claimed that if people can't have a healthy work-life balance that's not your problem or something to that effect. You seem to think that everyone gets to choose their situation, which in many places in the world and many situations just isn't true. Your lack of empathy is startling. 

It's fine that you play games to challenge yourself. It's fine that you play games to push your limits or get out of your comfort zone. But it is absolutely judgemental to tell people who work hard and are tired that they're narrow minded because in a game they don't want to push themselves out of their comfort zone. It's okay for those people to play games for different reasons than you do, and I postulate that more of the population is not playing games to push themselves, to but relax or kill time. Those people aren't wrong, even if their participation in the game isn't for the same reason as yours.

I'm sorry you feel held back, but if the bulk of the population is playing the game for a different reason than you are, and I suspect that's the case, then in fact, they're not holding you back, you're trying to force them to play a game in a way other than they bought the game to play.  

For a raid reward, that's one thing, but this is an armor set called Decade, for the tenth anniversary. It's not a legendary armor set, and it's probably not even an ascended armor set.   I'm saying harder content would be inappropriate for a playerbase where most people don't do the difficult content.  I mean I always see raid sellers in the US so someone must be buying raids. Why would people who like the content, buy the content? Seems like a bad deal for an anniversary present to me.

And nothing is stoping you from coming home playing to relax and not get out of your comfort zone now, the 23 or after that.

You can do just that how ever long you want, if you want a reward thats not in your comfort zone you wont get it however.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

17 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

And nothing is stoping you from coming home playing to relax and not get out of your comfort zone now, the 23 or after that.

You can do just that how ever long you want, if you want a reward thats not in your comfort zone you wont get it however.

They named the set of armor decade. That means it's for the 10 year celebration. 

People who play for 10 years who are dead set casual, and there are a lot of them, are going to be annoyed if they are pushed to hard to get that reward, particularly if it's just a set of exotic armor, or even ascended armor.  Just seems like a bad hill to die on for Anet. 

Nothing is stopping casual players from walking away from the game either, like they did when HoT came out. You might not be feeling it, but there's a bunch of people who don't love having to do a strike mission for a turtle and don't love to do DE and those people paid for the expansion too. This is a business decision, nothing more. If there are more of those people that there are of you, Anet would be pretty silly to kitten them off with an anniversary thing.

And if you say it's not an anniversary celebration reward, they probably shouldn't have named it decade armor.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It was not a response to people working long hours. Again, I never wrote that people who are tired after work are narrow minded. Please, just stop twisting my words and stop making up things I never wrote. If you have trouble understanding things, just ask before you misrepresent things. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

22 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

They named the set of armor decade. That means it's for the 10 year celebration. 

People who play for 10 years who are dead set casual, and there are a lot of them, are going to be annoyed if they are pushed to hard to get that reward, particularly if it's just a set of exotic armor, or even ascended armor.  Just seems like a bad hill to die on for Anet. 

Nothing is stopping casual players from walking away from the game either, like they did when HoT came out. You might not be feeling it, but there's a bunch of people who don't love having to do a strike mission for a turtle and don't love to do DE and those people paid for the expansion too. This is a business decision, nothing more. If there are more of those people that there are of you, Anet would be pretty silly to kitten them off with an anniversary thing.

And if you say it's not an anniversary celebration reward, they probably shouldn't have named it decade armor.

If you could only get it around the 10 year celebration 23-30th then it would vanish. ( then I would even agree with you it should be as easy as pie to get no group contentrequired.)

But no its not you can get it when ever you like on or after the 23th.

Did you read up on how they did it in gw1?

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

It was not a response to people working long hours. Again, I never wrote that people who are tired after work are narrow minded. Please, just stop twisting my words and stop making up things I never wrote. 

Okay but you did say this:

"If some people don’t have a healthy work life balance, that’s their problem and not a reason to try to hold the whole community back."

So you're dismissing the people who don't have a healthy work like balance even though some people have no control over it. The truth is, most people who play this game probably aren't playing it to challenge themselves, or at least, challenging themselves to them looks completely different than your version of challenging. 

It's an anniversary reward. Let's not divide the community over it.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Okay but you did say this:

"If some people don’t have a healthy work life balance, that’s their problem and not a reason to try to hold the whole community back."

So you're dismissing the people who don't have a healthy work like balance even though some people have no control over it. The truth is, most people who play this game probably aren't playing it to challenge themselves, or at least, challenging themselves to them looks completely different than your version of challenging. 

And they dont have to they can earn it over 5 years if that is what it takes.

I thought most of the people was over the I got to have everything right now generation in this game.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

And they dont have to they can earn it over 5 years if that is what it takes.

I thought most of the people was over the I got to have everything right now generation in this game.

Never said that. I did say that it should be more accessible to people who don't play multiplayer instanced content, but if they are going to do that, it should stay with lower level fractals or dungeons at very least. Stike missions and raids should be off that list.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Never said that. I did say that it should be more accessible to people who don't play multiplayer instanced content, but if they are going to do that, it should stay with lower level fractals or dungeons at very least. Stike missions and raids should be off that list.

With the emboldend buff raids are now easier then EoD strike missons so dont see why it should be off the list.

Considering Anet went into the trouble to implement that they probabely want to nudge new and old players into seeing that content aswell.

It will just take people 1-7 weeks to experince it all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

15 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

With the emboldend buff raids are now easier then EoD strike missons so dont see why it should be off the list.

Considering Anet went into the trouble to implement that they probabely want to nudge new and old players into seeing that content aswell.

Look I'm pretty sure it won't include raids...not sure about strike missions. I've done pretty much all of them anyway, so it won't affect me directly unless they're asking me to kill Dhuum.  But  I have a guild of 350 people and most of them aren't going to raid period. And most won't even do strike missions.  It's all theory anyway, it's not like this conversation will change what's required.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Raids have already a sexy skin that look good on Chars War

By itself it will attract people

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Obfuscation of a lie doesn't make it no longer a lie.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It's not a lie because I didn't use a quote.  It was the actual conversation. It wasn't implied.

I don't like to drive in the dark because I can't see very well.  And you said, people who don't want to drive in the dark are selfish.

Then you''re saying that my seeing well isn't an issue, I'm selfish because I don't want to go out into the dark. That's how conversations work. I wasn't quoting someone, it was what was being said, and it was further compounded by the response that people who don't have a healthy work life balance that's their problem, which is a quote.  

I don't know why you think paraphrasing a conversation into what's actually said is a lie, but it's not. That's absolutely how it comes off. Maybe if the part about work life balance wasn't included I'd believe I had the wrong interpretation but I don't.

Contextualization is not a lie. Saying I'm lying doesn't mean you a; truthteller.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It's not a lie because I didn't use a quote.  It was the actual conversation. It wasn't implied.

I don't like to drive in the dark because I can't see very well.  And you said, people who don't want to drive in the dark are selfish.

Then you''re saying that my seeing well isn't an issue, I'm selfish because I don't want to go out into the dark. That's how conversations work. I wasn't quoting someone, it was what was being said, and it was further compounded by the response that people who don't have a healthy work life balance that's their problem, which is a quote.  

I don't know why you think paraphrasing a conversation into what's actually said is a lie, but it's not. That's absolutely how it comes off. Maybe if the part about work life balance wasn't included I'd believe I had the wrong interpretation but I don't.

Contextualization is not a lie. Saying I'm lying doesn't mean you a; truthteller.

You misattributed a statement to someone who said nothing of the sort. If you have to defend your decision to do so by claiming you didn't use a quote while directly stating that he said something he didn't you clearly know that you were in the wrong. I was on your side in the discussion until that point. 

I mean, if (as you say) you want parents to not broaden their gaming horizons, so that they have more time to abuse their children, I cannot agree with you.....

Thats totally fine to say right?

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

You misattributed a statement to someone who said nothing of the sort. If you have to defend your decision to do so by claiming you didn't use a quote while directly stating that he said something he didn't you clearly know that you were in the wrong. I was on your side in the discussion until that point. 

I mean, if (as you say) you want parents to not broaden their gaming horizons, so that they have more time to abuse their children, I cannot agree with you.....

Thats totally fine to say right?

It's not a lie because a lie is a deliberate intention to mislead. I was doing no such thing. I simply see no other way that what was said could be meant.

If that wasn't the intention of the poster, then I apologize, but following it up with the comment about work/life balance doesn't give up any indication that I was wrong.

However, you're wrong about lying. While what was said wasn't a quote, it was absolutely implied in the text. Give that conversation to 100 english teachers you'd get 100 people taking the same meaning from it I did.

It may be a language barrier thing, but there's no other way I could interpret those remarks.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Reward. Not a gift.

I didn't love the things I chose to do in order to obtain the Siege Turtle... but it was a reward and I wanted it. So I took the necessary steps to obtain it.

You really are grasping at straws here. I'm sure there will be other in game GIFTS (not rewards) that you will be able to obtain.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

23 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So you're just trying to make it something it clearly isn't and then justify it by some people not being able to understand what they read? That's a weird take, but if that somehow helps you thinking you're correct here then oh well. It still isn't a reward for playing the game for 10 years, it's part of the celebration that the game is going for 10 years -whether or not some people read it correctly. 😄

What are you saying it clearly isn't. A reward for the 10th anniversary. If that's the case why is the reward called Decade Armor?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

25 minutes ago, pallas.8150 said:

Reward. Not a gift.

I didn't love the things I chose to do in order to obtain the Siege Turtle... but it was a reward and I wanted it. So I took the necessary steps to obtain it.

You really are grasping at straws here. I'm sure there will be other in game GIFTS (not rewards) that you will be able to obtain.

And the siege turtle caused conflicts and negativity on the forums and reddit which at the time of the steam launch is probably best avoided. You've actually made my point.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It's not a lie because a lie is a deliberate intention to mislead. I was doing no such thing. I simply see no other way that what was said could be meant.

If that wasn't the intention of the poster, then I apologize, but following it up with the comment about work/life balance doesn't give up any indication that I was wrong.

However, you're wrong about lying. While what was said wasn't a quote, it was absolutely implied in the text. Give that conversation to 100 english teachers you'd get 100 people taking the same meaning from it I did.

It may be a language barrier thing, but there's no other way I could interpret those remarks.

Here is the post that started your converstation with Yoni

19 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Sometimes it is good to leave your comfort zone, experience something new, widen your horizon. This anniversary armor could be a good motivation. Too many players in this game limit themselves and don’t realize what the game has to offer. 
I don’t think that we have to raid for the armor, but play a game PvP and spend some time in WvW, do strike missions, what’s wrong with that? 

It says nothing about work hours etc so yea this was the original intent of the poster.

Then when you two got into a conversation you brought up the work life hours and they reply that that was not a problem that should be taken into account when doing this collection since you can finish it untill the game switch of it servers so how little time you have dont matter.

So yea you twisted up their words to feel better about your position is how it look to me a none native english speaker aswell.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Here is the post that started your converstation with Yoni

It says nothing about work hours etc so yea this was the original intent of the poster.

Then when you two got into a conversation you brought up the work life hours and they reply that that was not a problem that should be taken into account when doing this collection since you can finish it untill the game switch of it servers so how little time you have dont matter.

So yea you twisted up their words to feel better about your position is how it look to me a none native english speaker aswell.

I disagree. You saying I 'm wrong doesn't make me wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

What are you saying it clearly isn't. A reward for the 10th anniversary. If that's the case why is the reward called Decade Armor?

its called that since it get released into the game when it turn 10 years, it got nothing to do with the 10 year birthday since you can earn it at any time after but a 11 year armor or a 12 year armor dont have the same ring to it now do it?

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

I disagree. You saying I 'm wrong doesn't make me wrong. 

So were in that post did Yoni bring up work hours mate?

Who was the one that put the work real life problems senario into the discussion to farm some sympathy points?

You deliberately cut away the start of the conversation in your sum up of the conversation because it did not help your case in any way.

You can disagree all you like bub.

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

its called that since it get released into the game when it turn 10 years, it got nothing to do with the 10 year birthday since you can earn it at any time after but a 11 year armor or a 12 year armor dont have the same ring to it now do it?

It was announced in the ten year anniversary post, mate.  It's a reward for 10 years of guild wars. One would think that that reward would be focused on the majority of players, not the small percentage of players who raid. In fact, there are no people playing this game who have raided for 10 years. Raids weren't even here at launch. Neither were fractals though they did come in very early.

The point is, if you're celebrating the 10th year anniversary and you're not including the largest part of the playerbase in what they'd consider fun, then you're probably annoying them. The only real question is what percentage of people do raid, or like raids or want to raid?  Because the other percentage would be annoyed, particularly old timers, if they had to raid.

Again, I'm not one of them. Unless that raid is Dhumm, I'm not going to have a problem with that raid boss. But regardless, I think it would be a mistake. It's okay if you disagree. I'm sure neither of us are setting policy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4