Greatsword is fun again

itspomf.9523

Dropped maybe 18 gold (Devona's armor, Marauder trinkets, Ebonblade, Superior Sigil of Accuracy) on a quick and dirty power warrior build yesterday and oh my kitten, did I have a blast doing Silverwaste events for dailies.  Greatsword hits like a a truck again and the 25k I was regularly getting off Hundred Blades was absolutely delightful.

I'm actually enjoying warrior again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, itspomf.9523 said:

Greatsword hits like a a truck again and the 25k I was regularly getting off Hundred Blades was absolutely delightful.

I'm actually enjoying warrior again.

This has always been warrior's selling point. Hit slow and with obvious tells but hit like a mack truck. It's also why warrior suffers in pvp and wvw. Without damage, warrior is slow and obvious for no reason, which makes it zero fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oscuro.9720 said:

So they’ve ported competitive balance into pve?

Looks like it, as it wasn't adjusted and everything else was, its a dps loss if the last hit doesn't connect. And then you avoid the self root and long cast time. So even if its a slight dps gain with the last hit, it'll always be better to not use it so you can move out of the bad ground or dodge roll. There is really not much point to use it anymore besides aesthetics.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Looks like it, as it wasn't adjusted and everything else was, its a dps loss if the last hit doesn't connect. And then you avoid the self root and long cast time. So even if its a slight dps gain with the last hit, it'll always be better to not use it so you can move out of the bad ground or dodge roll. There is really not much point to use it anymore besides aesthetics.

That’s unfortunate that it seems to be trending that direction in pve as well because the skill is, as a whole, a fairly good concept for a high-damage-positive skill imo. Though I know people hate the self root, I feel like it would work well on warrior if it had the appropriate damage values (or cast time).

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 5:49 AM, Gorem.8104 said:

It would be great if we could move whilst using it, and maybe it could (have a chance to) destroy projectiles. Both, wouldn't give the skill more dps but certainly some more utility.

Edited by Reverielle.3972
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1