Why even have a Legendary Division

Mell.4873

2 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Backing metric: I’ve done it at least 6 times (usually around plat 2, but seasons with a bad first 10 matches have sometimes dumped me in low gold). I’m not exceptional at this game or anything, but the right class played the right way can climb pretty well. I don’t really have anything else to show you tbh. I also have friends/guild mates who have done it, but, again, I don’t have much to offer you in terms of hard evidence. I will also add I haven’t PvP’d much over the last year or so, so my statements may be outdated, though I do not believe they are. As for match dodging, I never have done that personally. I can’t speak to the other people I know who have grinded solo Q on match dodging. Believe if you wish, don’t if you don’t want to, it’s up to you my friend 🙂 

As for the core nec thing, yea, okay, that’s fair. 🙂 

This does make sense, if you put in the work I guess eventually you'd climb as you could tip the scales in the favor of a mediocre team.

Teams like I just got though where one person afk's the first 4 min of a match because their cat 'unplugged the HDMI' are just unsavable (we lost 400-500) and there seems to be more of these than not, so climbing without dodging such people is difficult...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This does make sense, if you put in the work I guess eventually you'd climb as you could tip the scales in the favor of a mediocre team.

Teams like I just got though where one person afk's the first 4 min of a match because their cat 'unplugged the HDMI' are just unsavable (we lost 400-500) and there seems to be more of these than not, so climbing without dodging such people is difficult...

It not about "that match".

It's about your ability to make the difference on the long run. There are 40% of matches you'll win no matter what and 40% of matches you'll lose no matter what. But the rest 20% is on you. 

Talkin' about evidences. Yes, you are right. It is impossible. And that's why everybody is gold-rated in this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

It not about "that match".

It's about your ability to make the difference on the long run. There are 40% of matches you'll win no matter what and 40% of matches you'll lose no matter what. But the rest 20% is on you. 

Talkin' about evidences. Yes, you are right. It is impossible. And that's why everybody is gold-rated in this game.

It is about 'that match' because that's the match you are most commonly going to run into if just doing solo Q. 

I can see your 'git gud' take if there was any personal skill metric involved--there isn't, other than ability to hard carry a team of randoms?

Even if we assume hard carrying is a skill, and we take those statistics at face value, I argue 20% is far too high to be under personal control.  I had a match with 77% of the team kills, top rank in offense and defense, and we still lost 500 - 430.  One would say 'well that's normal, losing happens'--but this is losing while hard carrying an entire team. 

Problem is, there is little to stave off the rank loss from that, went down 12 or so points instead of maybe 5 that would be reasonable for losing while doing essentially everything.

Anyway, 'everybody' is not gold (I'm top silver 3 as placed gold 1 but can't win enough to stay there); would wager even spread of population between silver and gold with some outliers in bronze and plat, and no one obviously in legendary.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It is about 'that match' because that's the match you are most commonly going to run into if just doing solo Q. 

I can see your 'git gud' take if there was any personal skill metric involved--there isn't, other than ability to hard carry a team of randoms?

Even if we assume hard carrying is a skill, and we take those statistics at face value, I argue 20% is far too high to be under personal control.  I had a match with 77% of the team kills, top rank in offense and defense, and we still lost 500 - 430.  One would say 'well that's normal, losing happens'--but this is losing while hard carrying an entire team. 

Problem is, there is little to stave off the rank loss from that, went down 12 or so points instead of maybe 5 that would be reasonable for losing while doing essentially everything.

Anyway, 'everybody' is not gold (I'm top silver 3 as placed gold 1 but can't win enough to stay there); would wager even spread of population between silver and gold with some outliers in bronze and plat, and no one obviously in legendary.  

You didn't read what Spellhunter said.

Yes, 40% of games are unwinnable, no matter what you do. You'll automatically lose those games because your team are potatoes, and enemy is strong.

40% of games are also automatic wins, it doesn't matter how bad you play, you've got lucky and been placed on the stronger team.

However, 20% of games, are actually close, and your personal skill will actually be an important factor in the outcome.

If you win those 20% of games, you'll have a 60% winrate, and you'll climb at least as far as Platinum. If you lose those 20% of games, you'll only have a 40% winrate, and drop to Silver.

Your rating is not the result of one match, it is the result of 120+ matches over a season. Climbing isn't about winning every single match, it's about making sure you win those matches which you can actually affect the outcome of.

The fact that 80% of games are blowouts which you can't affect the outcome of, is obviously a big problem in terms of enjoyment of the game. But it isn't actually a problem in terms of the validity of the rating system. If you legitimately think that there is zero difference in skill between a 1000 rated player and a 1700 rated player, you are extremely deluded.

Also, you seem to have mistaken the "top stats" at game end as an actual indicator of skill. They aren't.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For the core necro thing, it's nothing unrealistic, ping barely matters on necro specs, and getting to p1 may seem impossible to your average gold 2-3 player complaining plat player are wintrading or dodging, but to actual top plat players that have hundreds if not thousands of hours in dueling servers, plat 1 is the chilling spot for ez games. At least to me it's the rating I like to hang out when I'm drinking or solo q on meme spec like Chrono.

Edited by youle.5824
  • Haha 1

Ofc awareness is important I have never said otherwise, like a virtuoso side noder should make sure to rotate around the enemy bladesworn since it's his hard counter, BUT!!!! Dueling skills make a huge difference too, it's not a coincidence this season top 1 will be Phoenix again and the guy spends all his time in dueling servers more than in rank. For exemple me as a rev main bs should crush me at equal skill lvl but I farm most plat 1 bladesworn because they are terrible duelist. Same with my cata that is countered by bs too. Map awareness about is huge, expecting respawn, rotating according to your role and map state etc. But if can't 2v1 a spec you counter what does it all matter. You will lose still.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, youle.5824 said:

Ofc awareness is important I have never said otherwise, like a virtuoso side noder should make sure to rotate around the enemy bladesworn since it's his hard counter, BUT!!!! Dueling skills make a huge difference too, it's not a coincidence this season top 1 will be Phoenix again and the guy spends all his time in dueling servers more than in rank. For exemple me as a rev main bs should crush me at equal skill lvl but I farm most plat 1 bladesworn because they are terrible duelist. Same with my cata that is countered by bs too. Map awareness about is huge, expecting respawn, rotating according to your role and map state etc. But if can't 2v1 a spec you counter what does it all matter. You will lose still.

I like how you pretend that competition means anything in a game with open cheaters. Nobody cares, dude.

3 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

First of all, stop calling yourself the rev main, please just call yourself the Power Herald of Meta Battle(Just FOTM reroller.)

Why fool yourself before pressing Phase Travel?

Edited by Tescao.3042

That is so lame , salty and not accurate <_< I wasted time trying to bring common sense and facts into what seems to be a gathering of players unsatisfied about their rating. But ofc it's not your skill that's the issue ^^ it's the matchmaking, wintrading, dodging, duo queuing and meta class abuse. Otherwise ofc you would be up there too. Delusions at it's finest lol. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, youle.5824 said:

That is so lame , salty and not accurate <_< I wasted time trying to bring common sense and facts into what seems to be a gathering of players unsatisfied about their rating. But ofc it's not your skill that's the issue ^^ it's the matchmaking, wintrading, dodging, duo queuing and meta class abuse. Otherwise ofc you would be up there too. Delusions at it's finest lol. 

Thanks but no, I know that every new second makes your division information dead.

Why not just remove platium and have legendary have a 200 point per tier. Have legendary 1 give 2 extra pips (current plat reward), legendary 2 give 4 pips and legendary 3 give 6. This would allow more people to get the legendary title( the same one given to anyone who grinded enough pvp in season 4) and increase the overall rewards for the plat3 players.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Why not just remove platium and have legendary have a 200 point per tier. Have legendary 1 give 2 extra pips (current plat reward), legendary 2 give 4 pips and legendary 3 give 6. This would allow more people to get the legendary title( the same one given to anyone who grinded enough pvp in season 4) and increase the overall rewards for the plat3 players.

why not remove legy 2 & 3 togheter with plat 3 than all p3 are legy