Kalla legend in WvW

Santo.2419

I wonder if (like I had seen a poster mention on the forums another time) having a break bar like a mech pet would make a big difference or not to the survivability. I mean, the hero's still have to be placed right in the thick of it, but wish they'd look at some changes around this problem.

7 hours ago, Santo.2419 said:

I wonder if (like I had seen a poster mention on the forums another time) having a break bar like a mech pet would make a big difference or not to the survivability. I mean, the hero's still have to be placed right in the thick of it, but wish they'd look at some changes around this problem.

give them mechlike healthbar too and might work. they die very quickly

7 hours ago, Santo.2419 said:

Trust me when I say you do not want to fight tanky kalla summons. If darkrazor could be used in zerging then the ground would probably be covered in them.

• Like 2

True. but every skill can be abused if over powered. But atm, it's not even usable in such situations...it's just finding a balance so that it's at least an option. 

I mean, Kalla is not even used in roaming builds really (maybe more in spvp?, but still even there. they are not optimal) I think in most modes, a hero survivability change could be for the better. Other aoe types don't have to deal with their skills being negated due to passive damage(or maybe there is I don't know of?)....they just place them and they do their thing. 

I love the theme of the heroes n all, but they need a change to make them worthwhile large scale.

On 8/29/2022 at 4:25 PM, Telgum.6071 said:

For zergs they are non existent. They will instantly die.

For smallscalle they will only work if you play around them and against full melee enemies, and even then they can be easily disabled. Most people won't stand inside the areas like PvE mobs do.

Sorta begs the question as to why they can even be attacked/killed at all. All it does is lower the damage output in PvE and make the legend non-existent in WvW/PvP. (Though in PvP I've gotten some use out of them from people who don't kill/move away from it)

Seriously, imagine if you could just kill Dragon's Maw. Sound dumb? Well that's the state of every Kalla ability. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 12:41 AM, ArthurDent.9538 said:

It's bad, it was kinda good for small scale when soulcleave had no icd but now it does so it's just bad. In large scale it is worse.

Yup, this. There is very very little reason to run it in WvW anymore. Only place I could see it gaining any potential value is in duels. The other legends are too good to give up.

16 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Trust me when I say you do not want to fight tanky kalla summons. If darkrazor could be used in zerging then the ground would probably be covered in them.

The break bar actually can work,  just need to be a temporary boost on its summon for 1 to 3 seconds.

Alternative Anet can make like spirits ended in Gw1, takes half damage from all sources of damage, but fire will do double damage to them.

Edited by Aeolus.3615