Ranger needs buffs

Sansar.1302

3 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

More damage is probably the last thing we need. (We also have sustain options so it's not that important.)
Ranger needs a range non-projectile aoe, more pet control, utility and support changes to do more than roaming.

i want it to be better at roaming

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

i want it to be better at roaming

Ranger has a number of good roaming specs. Soulbeast has Sic Em, Cele (boring but effective against bad players), or Boonbeast. Druid has condi. Core can be played as tanky power or condi (but admittedly isn't as effective as others. Untamed has the power tailswipe build (that imo is the most fun roaming build in the game).

What in particular is giving you issues while roaming on ranger?

6 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Why? We have sic em soulbeast, and that's basically the only roaming build you need for ranger.

Core ranger needs buffs, sure, but you can't impact core without also affecting soulbeast.

sic em soul beast is a noob stomper and that is all

10 hours ago, Krispera.5087 said:

Soulbeast is in a good position. Power weapons are good.

The rest of the specs and condi weapons aren't.

No, Untamed reliance only on Fervent Force is problematic. It's still a bad spec.

Untamed is only really reliant on FF in instanced PvE.  Nearing Gold 2 Solo Q in PvP with Untamed and not having too much issue, and roaming WvW is similar.  Zerg fights obviously no ranger spec is made for.  

15 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Untamed is only really reliant on FF in instanced PvE.  Nearing Gold 2 Solo Q in PvP with Untamed and not having too much issue, and roaming WvW is similar.  Zerg fights obviously no ranger spec is made for.  

Hammer Untamed or Druid can do okay in Zerg fights.

I have been able to literally go immune to damage and CC with Untamed to be able to down a few people in a Zerg clash. Even when i go down i normally get picked back up by my own Zerg or enemy death.

Edited by Mell.4873

9 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

How? There's very few things they could do that wouldn't affect soulbeast beyond cranking up coefficients and the non-merge forms of commands. It's the same problem as just about every other elite spec- you buff core, you buff it.

Buffs that do not apply when Soulbeast is slotted is one example. Again, more effort required, but doable.

Sic em roamers and their variations are some of the best roamers out there, not to mention they are probably the most effective anti thief roamers. What ranger needs is some buffs/changes to druid making it beastly in a group zerg setting as support, in most other mmo's I've played that have druids have them far higher in the meta than gw2 seems to place them. Imo untamed should get some slight changes to make it a more effective bruiser, admittedly haven't used this spec enough to be sure tho. Soulbeast I feel is fine as is.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

On 9/5/2022 at 11:11 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

More damage is probably the last thing we need. (We also have sustain options so it's not that important.)
Ranger needs a range non-projectile aoe, more pet control, utility and support changes to do more than roaming.

Interesting enough:

* If druid wasn't that badly butchered it could have been a fun support to play in WvW. Yes i am still salty of the disaster they did when removing the original lingering light from the HoT beta. I get it could not compete with herald by the mobile spirits or tempest by the removing of that trait. 

* If soulbeast wasn't artificially pushed down by the same devs, soulbeast could have earned an spot in wvw squads. 

* There is no saving grace for the UnWanted elite spec. 

* Core ranger (and thus all the specs) should be able to permanently stow the pet, this have been asked for for ages, even in the old forums yet anet devs keep ignoring it. It seems ranger is despised by their own devs  as they seem to confirm but not even knowing what the class does.  

• Like 2