Pure OW PvE idea for legendary armor

Solvar.7953

1 minute ago, tim.8632 said:

I understand where your coming from with that and agree in principle. that's why I said it's anets job to figure it out. 

what would you say is the % of playtime in the context of four game modes?

There's no 4 game modes. I think there's only 2. So that question doesn't work for me.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

hence the category mistake.

what is PvP if not "instanced\competitive?

what is WvW if not open world\competitive?

what are raid\strikes\ etc. if not instanced\environment?

what is PvE if not open world\environment?

if you had to answer in the context of "4 game mode" what % would you put in each?

I'd say it's PVE, PVP and WvW serving the purpose of this game's OW pvp, which is PVE/PVP mix.

5 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

I understand where your coming from with that and agree in principle. that's why I said it's anets job to figure it out. 

They seem to have figured it out rather well.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

Just now, tim.8632 said:

so I'll just put this out there, since I've asked twice and no one wants to answer.

if you had to answer in the context of "4 game mode" what % would you put in each?

not a hard question, be honest...

Well yes, because there is no context in that there are 4 game modes in my mind so that question doesn't make sense.

If you want the answer to the hypnotical question of the 4 game modes. You should make a new thread. This thread is you asking others to convince you there are 4 game modes which is not what the question is. It should be more like how much percentage of players do you think play OW/Raids/WvW/Conquest etc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

so I'll just put this out there, since I've asked twice and no one wants to answer.

When there are 4 game modes each gets 25% so you get 100%, right?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

"Nobody wants to answer", because that question tries to avoid whether or not anyone agrees with your "4 modes" theory in the first place and instead skips right to the "%" as if that's supposed to change anything.

Here's the question for you though:

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'd say it's PVE, PVP and WvW serving the purpose of this game's OW pvp, which is PVE/PVP mix.

Within these 3 modes how do you think the percentages wortk out? From what I see they work out perfectly well.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

There's no 4 game modes. I think there's only 2. So that question doesn't work for me.

Humor me... can you? it's not hard. 

here. let me show you...

10% instanced\competitive?

15% open world\competitive?

3% instanced\environment?

72% open world\environment?

easy peasy.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

Humor everyone and admit the actual point you're going for here. It's not about how much you care about more specific distinction of the modes or w/e this thread is masquerading as. It's simply to leverage easier/faster rewards wherever you want them. This is seriously getting boring. Try playing the game instead.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

How is that "not a hard question"? I'm not even sure what you're looking for. The number of hours the playerbase spends on each, each week, broken into a percentage? How much content there is for each? What are you looking for?

More than likely, nobody except Anet knows.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

here. let me show you...

10% instanced\competitive?

15% open world\competitive?

3% instanced\environment?

72% open world\environment?

easy peasy.

No, why would I? You haven't even made any attempt to convince that there's 4 game modes. If you want people to humor you then make a new thread.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Humor everyone and admit the actual point you're going for here. It's not about how much you care about specific distinction of the modes. It's simply to leverage easier/faster rewards wherever you want them. This is seriously getting boring. Try playing the game instead.

Nope. have everything I need in game. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

Nope. have everything I need in game. 

Cool. So why is this self-made distinction important for anything to the point of making a new thread about it? And how about not avoiding this now:

14 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

No, why would I? You haven't even made any attempt to convince that there's 4 game modes. If you want people to humor you then make a new thread.

I made my case in the OP. if you don't agree, that's fine.

why are you still posting?

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

honest to god first time posting here. I usually lurk.

Believable 😄 So just a quick reminder that you've missed a post:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121410-there-are-more-than-three-game-modes/page/2/#comment-1756140

Actually it's making a similar point you've mostly ignored that "things can almsot always be further divided into smaller parts". Why do you stop at OW and not on Mob Killing, JP, Races (divide those into OW/instanced and mount-specific ones too), crafting (divide into disciplines), gathering (also) and so on?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

Absolutely! works for me. 

more chance a mod will see this and pass it along to the devs if this stays up top.

For how often this topic comes up, how often these threads get merged , and how we know they read the forums you seriously think they haven't come across this topic and convo before?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Cool. So why is this self-made distinction important for anything to the point of making a new thread about it? And how about not avoiding this now:

well, been bouncing around in my head for a few months and figured I'd put out there.

that OK?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1