Turtle Egg Issue

Keraldt.5471

Hi there, 

I did the Meta-event in the Dragon's End multiple times succesfully with no results in getting the Turtle Egg(I checked out the achievement 'Stomping Around' after each meta knowing the fact that it is not a proper item in inventory bags). Also, I checked out with the Peddler npc after each time I finished the mete, but it didn't have it. I finished the entire End of Dragon story as well.

So, i ran out of ideas in order to get that egg. Would you please tell what am I doing wrong or if I missed a step or something?

Thank you! ^^ 

You mean you checked the "Stomping Around" achievement and it was not unlocked? Your statement here is a bit unclear.

Once unlocked you need to talk to the NPC Rota in Arborstone to continue the collection. A full guide to each step can be found here:

https://guildjen.com/siege-turtle-mount-achievement-guide/

If after a successful Dragon's End you do not get the collection unlocked AND you are unable to purchase a backup egg from the Pedd;er NPC you will have to contact customer support. Be as descriptive and precise as possible when describing your issue.

Good Luck.

• Like 3

On 9/18/2022 at 4:04 PM, Keraldt.5471 said:

I did the Meta-event in the Dragon's End multiple times succesfully with no results in getting the Turtle Egg(I checked out the achievement 'Stomping Around' after each meta knowing the fact that it is not a proper item in inventory bags). Also, I checked out with the Peddler npc after each time I finished the mete, but it didn't have it. I finished the entire End of Dragon story as well.

Did you finish the EoD story on that character?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Did you finish the EoD story on that character?

The egg drops regardless of story completion I believe. Pretty certain I got it on my first meta run over the weekend and I’ve not completed act 5 (I will check later in week though)

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The egg drops regardless of story completion I believe. Pretty certain I got it on my first meta run over the weekend and I’ve not completed act 5 (I will check later in week though)

Ah, okay. I thought story completion was mandatory for it, but I can't find any such entry in the Wiki, so I take it you're correct and I was wrong.

• Haha 1

I got the egg just from teleporting in and doing the meta.  I had not done one iota of the story on that account yet.  I was just chasing the 10 year anniversary achievement and needed to do that meta.  I got the egg since the achievement activated, but I have no idea if/when I'll get back to that area on my alt account.

On 9/18/2022 at 8:04 AM, Keraldt.5471 said:

Hi there, 

So, i ran out of ideas in order to get that egg. Would you please tell what am I doing wrong or if I missed a step or something?

Thank you! ^^ 

Make sure you go and talk to Rota in Arborstone near the fishmonger, as mentioned above. This is assuming Stomping Around achievement is now in your Hero Panel>Achievements>End of Dragons>Cantha. (or just enter stomp in the search box for your achievement tab). If it's not present, talk to Rota anyways. Failing that, your best bet will be to contact Customer Support.

• Like 1

As the vendor - according to the Wiki - does not have any special limitation (other than the egg being once per account) ...this might be a bug. Game has set the drop chance and vendor availability to 0 but did not unlock the achievement.

You made sure you looked at the correct achievement? (There are other sub-achievements. But I think they are only later  and should not have appeared yet so I guess you took a look at the correct achievement page.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like you don't get credit for stomping around if you already completed the "true ending" achievement. This has been bugged since pretty much launch, if it hasn't been fixed now, it's unlikely it will ever get fixed. Prepare yourself mentally to turn one of your alt accounts into your main one or accept a broken account.

On 9/18/2022 at 3:04 PM, Keraldt.5471 said:

Hi there, 

Thank you! ^^ 

Did you complete the achievement True Ending by any chance?

I completed True Ending (with a failed meta) before doing Stomping Around, and I still got the turtle egg from winning the Dragon's End meta, when I finally got a successful run. That was a few months ago, so maybe something has changed since then, but I know it used to work.

Importantly (and IMO confusingly) the turtle egg is not an object in your inventory. Getting it to 'drop' does literally nothing except unlock the achievement. If the achievement is unlocked then you've got the egg and can move on to the next step.

@AnimalX.1754 - I saw in your other topic you said you've got the egg but can't find Rota. There's a note on the Wiki that the map icon doesn't appear for some players, but she should still be there. If you teleport into Arborstone and then go straight through the room to the northwest, then turn right as soon as you leave the building you should see her in a little clearing, between the two fishing supply NPCs and the white icon for the Vindicator NPC.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I completed True Ending (with a failed meta) before doing Stomping Around, and I still got the turtle egg from winning the Dragon's End meta, when I finally got a successful run. That was a few months ago, so maybe something has changed since then, but I know it used to work.

Importantly (and IMO confusingly) the turtle egg is not an object in your inventory. Getting it to 'drop' does literally nothing except unlock the achievement. If the achievement is unlocked then you've got the egg and can move on to the next step.

@AnimalX.1754 - I saw in your other topic you said you've got the egg but can't find Rota. There's a note on the Wiki that the map icon doesn't appear for some players, but she should still be there. If you teleport into Arborstone and then go straight through the room to the northwest, then turn right as soon as you leave the building you should see her in a little clearing, between the two fishing supply NPCs and the white icon for the Vindicator NPC.

Gonna try this, thanks! I got the egg the first time, and it was replaced a few times without Rota appearing, hoping this will work 😃

7 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I saw in your other topic you said you've got the egg but can't find Rota. There's a note on the Wiki that the map icon doesn't appear for some players, but she should still be there. If you teleport into Arborstone and then go straight through the room to the northwest, then turn right as soon as you leave the building you should see her in a little clearing, between the two fishing supply NPCs and the white icon for the Vindicator NPC.

I tried but Rota is nowhere to be found. Gonna see if I can find someone else that can target her, call her as target so I can assist, maybe that way I can target her

11 hours ago, AnimalX.1754 said:

I tried but Rota is nowhere to be found. Gonna see if I can find someone else that can target her, call her as target so I can assist, maybe that way I can target her

Did you check the image I posted above? Go to the exact location on the mini map?

Failing that, check Local.dat. Deleting that file often solve any issues like that. But be warned that doing so, your audio and video settings will go back to Default. So take screenshots of both of them in Options so you can put them back exactly the way you had them set (unless you left them in default settings, of course).

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

Did you check the image I posted above? Go to the exact location on the mini map?

Failing that, check Local.dat. Deleting that file often solve any issues like that. But be warned that doing so, your audio and video settings will go back to Default. So take screenshots of both of them in Options so you can put them back exactly the way you had them set (unless you left them in default settings, of course).

The image shows the location already indicated by the icon on my mini-map, but Rota hasn't showed up there or anywhere else. Deleting the local.dat file didn't help either. Thanks for the suggestion though, much appreciated 😃