I'm going back to core engi

Calen.8945

I don't really want to abandon the character I've spent so much time on, so I've been trying out different builds lately to see how best to use this character. So seeing as ANet plans to give scrapper a kitten lot of ground target skills, I went the opposite route and aimed for minimal ground target skills.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlZwAZVsNWJOsPnrcA-zRRYiRQnvRUgCOiIUAGdRkFA-e

The idea with this build is to set up a minefield of sorts with the skills Throw mine, Mine Field, and the trait Bunker Down. The grenade kit would also probably do would well in this build, but I have trouble balancing so many skills so I have left it out for my build. (Oddly enough I have no trouble with holo and the forge skills. *shrug*)

So how many of you are also planing to pick up core once again?

• Like 1

Check also that: it do 34k dps, and using 2 turrets+shred gyro, you can swap medic gyro for med kit for f1

that way you will have only 2 ground target skills (shred gyro+rocked)

optionaly you can use mine insted of rocked turret as atm it have shorted cd and longer cc+ boons remove

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

46 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Check also that: it do 34k dps, and using 2 turrets+shred gyro, you can swap medic gyro for med kit for f1

that way you will have only 2 ground target skills (shred gyro+rocked)

optionaly you can use mine insted of rocked turret as atm it have shorted cd and longer cc+ boons remove

I'll have to try out this build. Something like this could still work. I'm not sure if Mine will still have boon removal on all modes after the 4th, I know it's getting remove in PvP.

I do use quick cast with aoe, or tap to cast but still see reticle. The issue is the second it takes to aim makes them feel slower and more clunky than normal skills.

I experimented a core engi build after the buff to mine field and found out if worked ok against melee mobs in general. I checked your gear and think it should work good with what you already have 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlZwOYbsRWJOsLvreA-zRRYiRQnvRUgCOiIUAGdRkFA-e

Basically, spam beltshot as much as possible. You want to use minefield inside the boss hitbox so that most of the mine it spawn will actually hit the boss when you detonate it. The combo throw mine + rifle 4 + rifle 3 should deal a decent amount of CC damage but if it's not enough, you can use the slick shoes and run inside the mob hitbox.

I'm running Gadgeteer trait which boost gadget but honestly this trait is replaceable with something else like Kinetic battery for quickness which is actually easy to trigger by spamming surprise shot. If you plan to keep using Gadgeteer though, you can replace the heal turret with AED which will give another CC through the belt skill.

• Like 1

You can play Holosmith with Exceeds: no ground targeting at all. But core is not bad either.

I would probably play both: Holosmith for power builds and hybrid dps, core for pure condi.

Mechanist excluded: i really hate that huge robotic green thing. If i want to play a "pet" class, i would go with Ranger.

Edited by Sifu.9745