Returning, looking for a class with certain attributes

wusekwurz.9712

Hi,

I appreciate any help since I don't know how the classes and specs perform yet. I do have bought EOD and all Xpacs so I have access to all specs.

Looking for a class with:

Tankiness for easy open World content

great Roamer or duelist in SPVP/RVR 

Good Support or great DPS in Dungeons.

Unlikley to get nerfed soon.

Revenant works well. You are pretty tanky in open world, you roam well and you can play quick dps in raids/fractals/dungeons. Downside is that your pure dps role is mediocre at best.

I would also tentatively suggest warrior. They are not doing hot in PvP at the moment, but there is a slew of PvP buffs directed to them next patch. They are great dps, quick dps and tanky in open world.

• Like 1

Raiding aside the best 2 options are Guard and Rev with Celestial for easy OW and dungeons even strike and fractals, they are both good in PvP and on high demand in WvW.

The third option is Warrior specifically Bladesworn, due to how the class was designed you can use meta raid setup in OW as well just a few tweak to traits and you have a very high HP regen fighter with really really big damage. War is doing okish in PvP and a good roamer in WvW, war can also run support banners but the support side isn't great compare to Rev/Guard.

• Like 2

I’d like to propose Necro as your future class.

1. Necro is regarded as the tankiest class as you have a second health bar. On top of that, necro has, together with warrior, the largest health pool. Reaper still is one of the strongest Open World specs.

2. While I don’t know that much about necro in PvP, what I do know is that scourge is very strong in WvW, and I think that Reaper is pretty okay as a roamer. Again, PvP is not my forte, but i do know that Necro is pretty good here.

3. Scourge can literally solo carry raid groups by keeping people alive and not downed. Harbinger can provide perma quickness and boons with elixers, and for dungeons, all three necro specs can provide more than enough damage.

Edited by Darth Pooh.5638
  • Like 1

I'd recommend Necromancer. It has good DPS that is easy to achieve (melee on Reaper or ranged on Harbinger), it has meta builds in all game modes and can serve as either Quickness support or the game's most busted dedicated healer thats able to revive entire parties with a single click.

Its also almost invulnerable when played right in open-world, story, etc. even on full damage builds.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

Like a few people before me, I would also recommend the profession of warrior.

On 9/25/2022 at 2:15 PM, wusekwurz.9712 said:

Tankiness for easy open World content

Bladesworn can crit for 6-figures while wearing toughness gear and spellbreaker simply refuses to die while sporting 100% crit chance and 4% lifesteal on all damage.

great Roamer or duelist in SPVP/RVR

Spellbreaker is already a good class for that and is getting buffed in the upcoming patch just like berzerker. Warrior will be in a very good spot for PvP.

Good Support or great DPS in Dungeons.

With the recent changes to banners, any warrior can have 100% quickness uptime while still dealing decent damage. Power Bladesworn is also one of the best damage dealers right now.

Some other great professions that could work as well are the necromancer and the revenant.

• Like 1