Devs - Community

Brodix.5214

While it's nice to think they listen to feedback (and I'm sure they do), I hope to god they don't listen too closely.  The last thing we need is the devs listening to a highly vocal minority of players regarding balance issues that'd end up throwing the entire game out of whack.

Ideally, they should be taking into consideration both the average player and the top end elitists / streamers.  Listening to only one group is a surefire way to ruin balance.

• Confused 4

I believe they do, especially in the past few weeks. We know we're expecting a WvW-centered patch and I've actually been seeing a lot more dev tags in the game in the past few weeks (not sure if its always the same person) . I've also seen devs in player live streams too and one thing I liked was they actually asked some players why they run a specific build over something more generally used (more specifically why use support cata over support tempest). 

They've also reverted some of the more controversial planned changes based on feedbacks as well. 

If anything, I'm glad to see they're actually in the game or even in player live streams. At least we know they're actually checking out the game and playing it instead of balancing by simply reading wiki pages or based on their biases 😉

• Like 2

Before they made the new team, they certainly did not care for what players want. If they had cared, Warrior would have gotten a ranged support specialization, instead of getting Junksworn and having the unique effects ripped out of the banners for the sake of even more boon spam (which the game already had too much of).

If the new team cares can't be said now, since it doesn't exist long enough yet.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

They selectively listen.

The Scrapper they want to "save" the unique feeling. But the utter silence about other classes that are no longer unique is defening.

Untill they admit their mistakes and promise to look at ALL classes and their unique playstyle, I will invest ZERO time and effort in builds and other classes. 

I am done with it. Confidence that I can play as I want is gone. 

Them listening is WAY WAY too selective.

SPECIALLY on changes where I clearly said "I understand the change for WvW/PvP but there was no need to also have that change in PvE" that fell on deaf ears

Edited by Tuna Bandit.3786
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Before they made the new team, they certainly did not care for what players want. If they had cared, Warrior would have gotten a ranged support specialization, instead of getting Junksworn and having the unique effects ripped out of the banners for the sake of even more boon spam (which the game already had too much of).

If the new team cares can't be said now, since it doesn't exist long enough yet.

Yeah, the new team seems to at least make changes that are sensical even if only based on a portion of what the community would like.

The old team for lack of a better term was pretty much operating off a compass with a strong magnet next to it.