Can other specs get back their "uniqueness" too?

flyingplanet.6912

4 hours ago, Cal Cohen.2358 said:

The main concern we've seen is that this change would remove the unique feeling of the skills without replacing it with something new.

Since Feb 2020 patch, I have never seen this much complaints on scrapper nerf because in comparison to past huge nerfs on other specs that pretty much made the professions obsolete, this scrapper nerf was nothing abnormal. In wvw, no other profession, except firebrands, are heavily demanded by organized squads and determines the winrate in group fights.

Even teapot, whom I usually see talking about how certain builds are overpowered ( which usually get completely destroyed by anet the next patch) , made two videos defending scrapper.

So I guess this partly explains why mechanist got outrageous buff while warrior lost one of it's last standing "uniqueness" in previous patch and never got it back. 

I mean,  I understand that. Anet gotta listen to what majority player base wants, but since Cohen mentioned about uniqueness can other profession get it back too? Maybe roll back to pre-feb 2020 because right now most builds are just too boring. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Changing Scrapper wells from mobile fields to stationary traditional wells is a lot different than changing banners and spirits from providing unique performance buffs to providing boons.  I'm not saying those were good changes, as I think giving all classes the same boons is really boring..   but it's not even close to the same thing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, flyingplanet.6912 said:

Since Feb 2020 patch, I have never seen this much complaints on scrapper nerf because in comparison to past huge nerfs on other specs that pretty much made the professions obsolete

Like 2 months ago we had the whole Warrior banner debacle. I think that was a decent bit worse in terms of complaints.

Edited by oscuro.9720

53 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Like 2 months ago we had the whole Warrior banner debacle. I think that was a decent bit worse in terms of complaints.

That was because is done poorly, not because the idea is bad. Now that the banners are updated again, do you see any bannerslave warrior complaints?

Edited by Warscythes.9307
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

That was because is done poorly, not because the idea is bad. Now that the banners are updated again, do you see any bannerslave warrior complaints?

I don't know... An empty bar when you pick up a banner is a pretty abysmally horrible idea that never should have made it past QA much less the preplanning stage. At least stationary gyros was the original implementation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please don't reverse the Ranger Spirit changes since right now I can Solo (some) Legendary Bounties with the Untamed build I have.

I also want to create a Quickness Warrior like I used to do back at launch with permanent Regen Warrior.

Edited by Mell.4873