Halloween 2022 [Merged]

Solomon Darkfury.3729

20 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Yeah, well not everyone lives in the USA. 
I don’t think starting the festival on the 18th instead of the 11th will have a big impact on gem sales. It is still two weeks before Halloween. 
If it started one week earlier it would collide with the WvW beta weekend. 

Agreed on the colliding with WvW beta weekend, and also by ending on the 8th it leads into the next living world season chapter without having to overlap.  It's the same length of time they have for Wintersday.  Last year was different, leading up the expansion.  

Honestly what does living in any country have to do with playing a game?  Everyone can enjoy the festivals where ever they live and no matter their country or culture.  They aren't missing out on candy sales because of starting at their normal time 😉

1 minute ago, Arcane Truth.7926 said:

I was really hoping that the 5 weeks we got last year was going to be the standard. Even 4 weeks would be nice (mostly for Shadow of the Mad King, but I'd love to see 4 weeks too for Wintersday). 3 weeks just feels too short in my opinion...

Isn’t three weeks the standard for festivals in the game? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Its really lousy to give your customers a gift and then take it back the next year. Its even more lousy to start it a week later than in pervious years. In times as stressful as the ones that we are living in, people want to escape even more with their free time. Please move it up to the 11th. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

I think the reason everyone is upset is the trend of times the Halloween Event was released.

Edited by OverRuled.8407
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, OverRuled.8407 said:

I think the reason everyone is upset is the trend of times the Halloween Event was released.

“Everyone” is not upset. The festival applies to Tuesday-Tuesday within a 3 week period apart from an anomalous year in 2021. The week hovers around the middle of October and encompasses the first week of November - as shown in the schedule above. it’s not possible to be the same date every year accordingly.

The exact period is defined by whatever else is going on for the dev team or other events - in this case it slots between wvw weekend and the ls1 finale rather than clash.

Since Halloween is just repeating filler content it doesn’t really matter whether it’s a few days different or not, it just sits wherever the calendar allows it. Just like in most Halloween festivals in games.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Right sooooo why not start it the 11th and end it the 1st?  Who the kitten hell wants to do Halloween content after Halloween anyways?

They tend to do stuff in a biweekly release fashion ever since 2013. The next update is tomorrow, the 4th. The next biweekly after that is the 18th.

And every year they allow 3+ days after Halloween itself before the event ends. And most years, like I said, Halloween begins sometime between the 15th and the 22nd. Besides last year, the earliest Halloween began was October 13th, and besides 2012, the earliest Halloween ended was November 3rd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Right sooooo why not start it the 11th and end it the 1st?  Who the kitten hell wants to do Halloween content after Halloween anyways?

I couldn’t care less if I run the labyrinth in October or in November. 
If Halloween started on the 11th it would collide with the WvW beta weekend. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Arcane Truth.7926 said:

I was really hoping that the 5 weeks we got last year was going to be the standard. Even 4 weeks would be nice (mostly for Shadow of the Mad King, but I'd love to see 4 weeks too for Wintersday). 3 weeks just feels too short in my opinion...

Every year, 3 weeks actually feels too long to me.

It only feels short in anticipation, but most people are done with the annual achievements by the end of the first week, and are tired of the grindset by the second week. Only a very rare select few enjoy festivals for the full 3 week duration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

So here's the best part about festivals if you don't like them. You do not have to play them or enter them. Just do your own thing.  Oh for the people who were complaining that three weeks is just enough. If some of us want it for 5 weeks you can just not play it for 3 weeks or 5 weeks, doesn't make a difference. 

Edited by womisar.5294
  • Like 8
  • Confused 5

So I am self admitted RABID Halloween Lab fan. Steve is my boyfriend. I have been counting down to Lab and arranging guild events based on the only information we have had. What would have been really helpful is to have announced, months ago, the dates. I scoured everything for dates before I started setting up items and now, I suppose, bad on me, that it's all trashed. Disappointed is an understatement. Why can't we communicate? And I agree with the other posters, 3 weeks is too short. I can't even start on this. This sucks. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

Three weeks is standard for every festival in game. I don’t understand this crying. 

Because for some of us - this is what we enjoy best about Guild Wars 2. And look through the history. We had 5 weeks last year. So the "crying" is because we expected the same this year as last year and all it would have taken was a post at the start of the year or even in the summer saying the start and finish. Why are you holier than thouing about 3 weeks? Why do you care that we care? I'm crying because I love this event, I had high expectations for it, I planned guild events around it, and I was cut off at the knees. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, womisar.5294 said:

Because for some of us - this is what we enjoy best about Guild Wars 2. And look through the history. We had 5 weeks last year. So the "crying" is because we expected the same this year as last year and all it would have taken was a post at the start of the year or even in the summer saying the start and finish. Why are you holier than thouing about 3 weeks? Why do you care that we care? I'm crying because I love this event, I had high expectations for it, I planned guild events around it, and I was cut off at the knees. 

5 weeks last year, every other year and every other festival is three weeks. 
And even this year you can enjoy the Halloween festival again for three weeks. I don’t see a problem. 
They always announced the festivals a couple of weeks before the start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here's the thing, the longer festivals go on, the longer we don't get other content.
There are already six festivals in the year.
Content drops every two weeks - either gemstore stuff or something bigger.
Five weeks of festivals means six weeks of no other big releases.
Six weeks of no content for six festivals means 36 out of 52 weeks are void for LWS or other big content releases. The only time they ever overlapped releases with festivals was HoT release, which showed a lot of negativity and it's evident why they hadn't done so again in 7 years. And technically half that on all accounts due to biweekly nature. Ergo, 8 weeks in a year become viable for non-festival releases.

As much as you want more time for festivals, do you really want to restrict all other content to literally 8 possibly weeks a year at most?

And honestly, do you really want the same repetitious grind in Labyrinth for 5 weeks? Did you play every day for all five weeks last year? Or do you just say you want it, because you think you do, and you'd get tired and move on to the more lucrative year-round farms two or three weeks in like most people?

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

40 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

And honestly, do you really want the same repetitious grind in Labyrinth for 5 weeks? Did you play every day for all five weeks last year? Or do you just say you want it, because you think you do, and you'd get tired and move on to the more lucrative year-round farms two or three weeks in like most people?

You like what you like. I like what I like. So yes. I DO want the Lab for 5 weeks where I do jokes and trivia and bag runs and puns. I did play every single day last year.  This is my absolutely favorite event. Am I crazy. A bit. yes. Is is lucrative - not really. I open every single bag. It's for the fun. I do two things over all other game modes - WvW and Halloween Lab. So you do you,  but yes, I'm angry that they dropped TODAY that it doesn't start tomorrow. If they had said earlier this year it would have been easier to organize my guild events around but we had no knowledge. And yes I am in the lab every single stinking day. My friends all know it. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 4

Isn't the beta just another re-run of the same bloody thing they've been doing a few times now? The kind that only just rebalances server population, decimating some and prospering others? So people can do literally the same thing except with their guildmates? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm here in a bad mood. 

I think it's funny that anet let it get to this-- while I understand Halloween normally started later in previous years, how is it that they managed to get in such a tight corner where they have to finesse the beta and halloween around one another? 

We all saw halloween coming. It's at the same time (month) of every year, it doesn't move, and unlike the beta, was well foreseen. The beta can happen literally any time. I don't know why everyone's so bloody hissy about it. 

I will speak for my hissiness: I am not happy about a delay that is on the behalf of a beta. 

Yes. I want the same repetitious grind in the Lab for 5 weeks. 

Yes. I played every day for all five weeks last year. My friends and myself ran squads that posed more as a social event than as a grind. The aesthetics and traditions were priceless. We made many friends last year. 

Edited by ThemeVS.2958
  • Like 8
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

“Everyone” is not upset. The festival applies to Tuesday-Tuesday within a 3 week period apart from an anomalous year in 2021. The week hovers around the middle of October and encompasses the first week of November - as shown in the schedule above. it’s not possible to be the same date every year accordingly.

The exact period is defined by whatever else is going on for the dev team or other events - in this case it slots between wvw weekend and the ls1 finale rather than clash.

Since Halloween is just repeating filler content it doesn’t really matter whether it’s a few days different or not, it just sits wherever the calendar allows it. Just like in most Halloween festivals in games.

Doing the Halloween update every 1st Tuesday in October is not the same date.The WvW World Restructuring Beta 6 is already going to clash because it's October 14 through October 21. The final episode of Living World Season 1 is on  November 8.I don't see how that's going to clash.I don't want the Halloween event for 5 weeks i just want to see a more static update schedule for the Halloween event. Let us celebrate Halloween through the majority of October as it should be and stop extending it so far into November it just makes more sense. So 1st Tuesday of October into the 1st Tuesday of November. Totally doable

Edited by OverRuled.8407
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, OverRuled.8407 said:

Doing the Halloween update every 1st Tuesday in October is not the same date.The WvW World Restructuring Beta 6 is already going to clash because it's October 14 through October 21. The final episode of Living World Season 1 is on  November 8.I don't see how that's going to clash.I don't want the Halloween event for 5 weeks i just want to see a more static update schedule for the Halloween event. Let us celebrate Halloween in through the majority of October as it should be and stop extending it into November it just makes more sense. So 1st Tuesday of October into the last day of October each year. Totally doable

Doable yes. But, only last year was that the ever case. You ask for a more static schedule, well that’s what they’ve given - mid October into first week of November as is usual for prior years. Even Guild wars 1 kept its iconic Halloween festival from around mid/late October until early November. 

I totally get people want more festival time or it being sooner, but these things are dictated by a schedule that fits for the dev team and maximises time in other events whilst minimising clashing. Some of the anger and rage seems disproportionate today for the sake of a week or so

As for someone saying about communicating at the top of the year, I’m pretty certain they hadn’t set it in stone until they knew when other things were releasing. Schedules chop and change all the time, so if they had set a date, but had to change it, there would be more complaints. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

As for someone saying about communicating at the top of the year, I’m pretty certain they hadn’t set it in stone until they knew when other things were releasing. Schedules chop and change all the time, so if they had set a date, but had to change it, there would be more complaints. 

Sure. But they knew before today it wasn't starting tomorrow. That's my complaint. Just communication. Hey - Halloween is going to run x to x.  And I'm all for WvW Beta. if it's actually changing/testing/improving WvW. 

Edited by womisar.5294
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

5 weeks last year, every other year and every other festival is three weeks. 
And even this year you can enjoy the Halloween festival again for three weeks. I don’t see a problem. 
They always announced the festivals a couple of weeks before the start. 

I'm going out on what I think is a VERY safe limb here and guessing your main play mode is WvW correct?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

Are all of these alt accounts for the same person?

This is the normal announcement procedure.  Why would they announce it months ago?  That's....weird.  I expected it to be like previous years prior to EoD, last year it was extra filler to keep people occupied white awaiting an expansion.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, womisar.5294 said:

So I am self admitted RABID Halloween Lab fan. Steve is my boyfriend. I have been counting down to Lab and arranging guild events based on the only information we have had. What would have been really helpful is to have announced, months ago, the dates. I scoured everything for dates before I started setting up items and now, I suppose, bad on me, that it's all trashed. Disappointed is an understatement. Why can't we communicate? And I agree with the other posters, 3 weeks is too short. I can't even start on this. This sucks. 

It's fairly easy to predict dates by going off of previous years.  A random year being longer doesn't mean anything.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2