When the Patch is so Good that people who have not played Gw2 for years suddenly come back.

DanAlcedo.3281

Not joking.

Suddenly, Warrior lovers , who didnt play for years, are coming back to Gw2.

Who would have thought that making a class not dog poo can bring players back.

Also interesting sidenote: A good amount of them told me that they didnt come back with EoD because of Bladesworn.

They tested it on first beta and noped out again. HAHA. Again, who would have thought.

Just make warrior good or any class for that matter. People do come back.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Not joking.

Also interesting sidenote: A good amount of them told me that they didnt come back with EoD because of Bladesworn.

They tested it on first beta and noped out again. HAHA. Again, who would have thought.

Literally exactly my situation. I noped in 2020, like March or so, because I was just fed up. Gave Bladesworn a test when it was available in beta, noped out again. Actually installed again for this update.

Just 1v2'd a DH and Willbender on Core with Str/Disc/Def. Didn't think I'd have been able to do that on Core, even with Tactics.

It'll probably take a couple days for people to get a good good feel for it. The people who will feel the biggest shift will be in competitive, especially with having to figure out how to counter and respond to the changes on other professions.

I'm mostly curious about a PvE Warrior Hammer dps build. Gives some wonderful GW1 nostalgia.

• Thanks 1

just let main warriors get use to changes (Thou another pve nerfs on bladesworn's skills kinda hurt, they could let pve ver stay prepatch while in wvw/pvp patched one "unique per modes") and most people plays warriors dps regardless on what mode they plays, maybe we will se tank warriors on raids and such, who know 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

look good on paper, but its still actually shet lol

As much as I'm sure Boyce and others know their stuff, I hesitate to take anyone from within or adjacent to Team USA at their initial word when it comes to this stuff.

Remember, these are the people who had that whole situation of win trading, rank selling, among other things.

I'm just going to continue to test, play, adjust. So far this patch has told me all it needed to tell me; ANet is at least making steps towards improvement with balance which is a far, far, far, far cry from their "attempts" in the past. I'd rather see repeated iteration over a shorter span of time than literally no impact whatsoever, or very bizarre weird changes, every 3 to 4 months. Other times every 6 months.

I also dislike the entirety of Conquest as a basis for balance. I genuinely believe it promotes unhealthy, gross gameplay to such an extent that they removed things (stats, runes, sigils, etc) rather than address the core problem; Conquest.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Not joking.

Imagine that, right?!

They basically ADMITTED in the patch notes that warrior post-2020 was effectively fighting with handcuffs.

8 hours ago, Stagnation.3659 said:

The patch definitely improved a lot for warrior. The CC quickness trait lets hammer skills hit more reliably which is good for stun locking to get your damage off. It's too early to see the full effects of the patch because it just dropped a few hours ago.

I've tried it a bit in unranked. I was surprised to how much I was able to chain CCs

8 hours ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

As much as I'm sure Boyce and others know their stuff, I hesitate to take anyone from within or adjacent to Team USA at their initial word when it comes to this stuff.

Remember, these are the people who had that whole situation of win trading, rank selling, among other things.

I'm just going to continue to test, play, adjust. So far this patch has told me all it needed to tell me; ANet is at least making steps towards improvement with balance which is a far, far, far, far cry from their "attempts" in the past. I'd rather see repeated iteration over a shorter span of time than literally no impact whatsoever, or very bizarre weird changes, every 3 to 4 months. Other times every 6 months.

I also dislike the entirety of Conquest as a basis for balance. I genuinely believe it promotes unhealthy, gross gameplay to such an extent that they removed things (stats, runes, sigils, etc) rather than address the core problem; Conquest.

This game should've moved on conquest YEARS ago. Yet here we are...

• Thanks 1

I don't see how this release can qualify for being a good patch? Dragonscale Defense is bugged, Bloody Roar is bugged, Cull the Weak is bugged, there is a map error in the Black Citadel, Vindicator has builds which spend most of their time in dodge, the Jade Mech's ferocity stat is said to have been increased when it was supposed to come down, Tactical Reload does not restore ammo on all your Bladesworn skills even though it is supposed to and Chronomancers can't end their Continuum Split early. In short: The patch is a mess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

It'll probably take a couple days for people to get a good good feel for it. The people who will feel the biggest shift will be in competitive, especially with having to figure out how to counter and respond to the changes on other professions.

I'm mostly curious about a PvE Warrior Hammer dps build. Gives some wonderful GW1 nostalgia.

I've not had a chance to try it myself yet, but crunching the numbers, the removal of cooldown reduction from Merciless Hammer and subsequently only reducing the cooldown of Hammer Shock means that while the auto-attack chain should see a DPS increase thanks to increased access to Quickness, all other skills will see a drop off in DPS, because they now have to wait 20% longer between activations.

And that really stings for Backbreaker, which now has a non-reducible cooldown of 25 seconds. I'm discounting alacrity, because we have no way of providing it to ourselves, and prior to this patch, it worked alongside merciless hammer to reduce cooldowns even further.

And this kind of thing is always going to happen while ANet move away from unique profession mechanics towards more generic boons.

Before, you had the advantage of Quickness, Alacrity and unique class mechanics that further improved skills. Taking away those mechanics and not rolling their benefits in to skills leaves us with less skill functionality overall, not more.

It also removes a lot of flavour from professions over all.

16 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I've not had a chance to try it myself yet

Putzed around on some random mobs in Kaineng City running this build100% not optimized (no weapon sigils, no food, Diviner's Armour because I was too lazy to swap to Berserkers, I did not weapon swap, was using backup mouse so no quick-buttons, etc)

While obviously not as good as spin-2-win Axe/Axe, it actually feels quite satisfying. I'm sure with better tweaking it can be made much better--especially by fixing the issues I listed above. I'm not sure how well it'd work against World Bosses barring the Breakbar phases but that's what your 2nd weapon set would be for.

One thing that was surprising was how ridiculously easy it was to 90-100% maintain Quickness (3s)/Stability (5s) since there's only a 1/4s ICD on getting those from CC (so you can't AoE Burst Stun and get +20s Quickness). With Hammer 4/5/Headbutt/Wildblow/Burst you pretty much have access to it permanently, including +25% movement speed when you have Quickness. 

Losing the -20% CD on Merciless Hammer sucks but when an enemy is stunned you can have +53% to +70% Strike Damage

• Peak Performance +5%, add +10% after physical skill (Bull's Rush would be great)
  • Merciless Hammer +20% vs. disabled
  • Stalwart Strength +10% when you have stability
  • Superior Sigil of Force +5%
  • Superior Sigil of Impact +3%, add +7% vs. disabled
  • Cull the Weak +10% vs. weakened

Hammer auto-attack feels anemic, even with Quickness, you're right, but I was still playing a pretty limited mishmash so I think the issue is more user-error. I'm sure with tweaking the build (Mace/Axe offhand?) it could be made very capable in open-world PvE.

With the build I was putzing with, sustain isn't anything you even need to think about.

With Dead or Alive, Berserk = 2s of Blood Reckoning (33% damage converted to healing), and with Adrenal Healing it's just so stupidly easy to maintain your health I legit even forgot to keep an eye on that. Got swarmed by 5 guys and just fumbled around key-turning and was able to kill them quick enough without ever dipping past 50-60% health.

It's not the be-all end-all, there are plenty of other builds and I'm sure there are way better setups than what I cobbled together within 30s of logging in, but still it's actually really really fun!