Jackalrat.5493

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jackalrat.5493 said:

@Vitali.5039 said:

@bluri.2653 said:no scourge no win

0 Scourge = Draw?

...What is this mystical land you speak of where a ranked game of any relevance occurs sans Scourge? I wish to go there.

When Joko calls all the Scourge must go to Vabbi. Hear Joko's call and then join queue.

This is how i lost 6 of my placement matches. Mostly double scourge on each side and oponent got the FB. Sometimes we got one and they two FB ...Played gold 2 (going up and down a bit) last season (i am EU) got placed down in silver 2. I start to feel the feeders ..... go mid and die in 2 seconds to double scourge ... Games are now random blowouts. Last season most were actually close.

Scourge has 2 issues right now. 1st one is that aoe circles are way too big and pumping out too many conditions. 2nd one is that it counters inexperienced players too easily, similarly to turret engineer or DH trappers at their times( what Wolfric said, people keep feeding the scourge(s) and die over and over, too easily )

Now that being said, spellbreaker although nerfed, is still way too efficient and easy to play. You can literraly engage any fight 1v1 with no risk and still be able to kill the opponent. Firebrand has a lot of support, and effectiveness on big battles, but it has no damage and isn't going to do much if you keep it 1v1

@reukies.6418 said:

@bluri.2653 said:thats true, if both sides have a scourge team with fb wins.

This is how I know people have no idea what they are talking about. FB+scourge vs Scourge no FB has a good chance on winning if the FB is stupid enough to give scourge all the boons in the world. And I have seen many FB's who do just that.

Nearly everyone who plays below Plat (sometimes even in plat) play their class the same way every game without thinking of counters or what they are doing wrong.

Hrmm I don't think this fella understands who he's calling out.....

@reukies.6418 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

Hrmm I don't think this fella understands who he's calling out.....

I don't really know or care, but I know for a fact that saying "if both sides have a scourge team with fb wins." is as stupid as a person can get. It just shows how people are hopping on the bandwagon.

look at this high school physics student trying to 1-up stephen hawking here

@reukies.6418 said:

This is how I know people have no idea what they are talking about. FB+scourge vs Scourge no FB has a good chance on winning if the FB is stupid enough to give scourge all the boons in the world. And I have seen many FB's who do just that.

Nearly everyone who plays below Plat (sometimes even in plat) play their class the same way every game without thinking of counters or what they are doing wrong.

This is how I know a scourge main

@reukies.6418 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:

This is how I know a scourge main

I actually "main" Weaver now :p But I used to "main" a scourge, just like before that I "mained" a thief. That is if main = class with most time I currently spend playing.

Maybe I find scourges more tolerable because I actually played it and know what they are trying to do and can counter it effectively...unlike you know...80% (not really, but prolly somewhere high up) of the playbase.

Dude, you do realize that there are scourges, skilled scourges on plat+ lvl too? You think they are a threat only on low lvl MMR? Think again if you do.

That moment where there is two scourges and one of them is running fucking minions with their corruption skills. Not only are you fucking spreading disease, you also don't allow us to get into a 30 foot radius without your undead dogs.

Christ Almighty it's like a meme. Meta scourge+minion scourge= Time to spread the cheeks apparently.

@reukies.6418 said:

The FB giving people boons is only a problem if his team is having a dance party in Ghastly Breach.

Meta Scourge only runs 3 punishment skills. Trail of Anguish, Sand Swell, and Ghastly Breach. These are the only sources of boon > torment convsion. Sand Swell is not used for it's boonrip ever, and Trait of Anguish and Ghastly Breach require you to actively be standing in the skill for the boon conversion to happen. Scourge has additional boon corruption (not the conversion to torment) on Path of Corruption and Manifest Shade (depends on trait picks) Boon Corruption does not deal much damage, and is more useful for cover conditions and debuffing.

I'm have no love for scourge, but there are a lot of misconceptions flying around, particularly in regards to how Scourge's boonrip works.

@Nicknobreak.7543 said:

At levels platinum and above, if you're taking LB into sPvP as a ranger, you're doing your team a disservice. Other classes will pick you out and faceroll you with ease. They cover the weakness that the scourge exhibits (lack of defense against range). That's just what I've noticed. Maybe I wrong. I wish I was because I love LB zerker builds.

As a ranger main, I actually went back to shoutbow this season specifically to help me kill scourges in plat. I'm only 1530 and currently 2:1 win-loss ratio in plat, so it could be that I've just been carried by higher plats on my team.

I've actually died slightly less as a shoutbow, likely because I feel useful at long range and use that to my advantage. As a bunker I'm almost always on node, and while I can cleanse for days, I'm usually the last one of my team on node to die, at which point I'm either running or accepting death on node just for a short decap delay. As a shoutbow I can usually pull 1 or 2 enemies off-node (if I can't lock down or kill a scourge immediately), and shoutbow still has enough cleanse, speed, and disengage to survive chases. So at best, I empty a node of enemies and kill a scourge in the process, and at worst I just empty a node for a harder-hitting teammate to sweep up.

@reukies.6418 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@reukies.6418 said:

The FB giving people boons is only a problem if his team is having a dance party in Ghastly Breach.

Meta Scourge only runs 3 punishment skills. Trail of Anguish, Sand Swell, and Ghastly Breach. These are the only sources of boon > torment convsion. Sand Swell is not used for it's boonrip ever, and Trait of Anguish and Ghastly Breach require you to actively be standing in the skill for the boon conversion to happen. Scourge has additional boon
corruption
(not the conversion to torment) on Path of Corruption and Manifest Shade (depends on trait picks) Boon Corruption does not deal much damage, and is more useful for cover conditions and debuffing.

I'm have no love for scourge, but there are a lot of misconceptions flying around, particularly in regards to how Scourge's boonrip works.

Well assuming the scourge pops their punishment skills on someone and at least hits them once per skill you have a total of 4 boons corrupted.Ghastly breach is 1, trail is another 1 and f2 (if traited with path of corruption" is 2). Only 4 boons that are corrupted IF everything at least hits once. Those 4 boons are turned into 8 stacks of torment, 4 stacks of cripple, 4 (can be 8 based on traits) stacks of burning. Each stack of torment on my scourge deals around 2k dmg on moving targets (you have to move out of ghastly breach so you are going to be moving) so thats 16k dmg on torment only, then you have the burning to deal with and the cripple which will mess with not getting anymore of your boons corrupted. You can also condi cleanse but those should be saved for all the other condi kitten fest spvp currently is.

Not to mention that is only one reason why FB+ Scourge vs a 1 scourge team doesn't always have to end up with fb+scourge winning. A 1 scourge team of skilled players will beat a team with FB+scourge of unskilled players any day.

I am not saying scourge isn't strong, but people make it seem broken to the point of gamebreaking and some kitten that just isn't true. Looking at all the people who say "team with most scourges win" or "scourge+fb vs scourge means fb+scourge wins". Those statements completely ignore counter play and the skill level of team members.

Path of Corruption does not convert boons into Torment.

Punishment skills are the only skills that convert boons into torment.

@reukies.6418 said:

Whoops, sorry I didn't understand the joke or reference. :)

Let me help you out, my friend. The dude you called out for being "stupid" and not understanding counter play, is arguably the single best PvP player in the game.

@reukies.6418 said:Ghastly breach is 1, trail is another 1 and f2 (if traited with path of corruption" is 2). Only 4 boons that are corrupted IF everything at least hits once. Those 4 boons are turned into 8 stacks of torment, 4 stacks of cripple, 4 (can be 8 based on traits) stacks of burning. Each stack of torment on my scourge deals around 2k dmg on moving targets (you have to move out of ghastly breach so you are going to be moving) so thats 16k dmg on torment only, then you have the burning to deal with and the cripple which will mess with not getting anymore of your boons corrupted. You can also condi cleanse but those should be saved for all the other condi kitten fest spvp currently is.

Are you trying to argue that Firebrand is a detriment because the damage from boon conversion outperforms its combined cleansing+healing? Good luck, dude. Seriously, I'm rooting for you. It's bold. I like it. Not a huge chance of success, but still.. Ballsy. Good on you.

Archived