Berserker was at least in the meta for 3 minutes xD

Yerlock.4678

22 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I mean, yes and no.  Bladesworn only got Tactical Reload nerfed and the single stack of stab on entering Dragon Trigger removed.  

So, Bladesworn should still be broken as nothing happened otherwise to break the metabattle build other than 'Shake It Off!' getting reduced ammo count.  

The real truth is Bladesworn is really only broken at I'd say mid-gold and down, much like Mechanist.  On the upper end of things people know to target focus and melt you with condis because BS has no real good condi clear, and is worse now with the 'Shake It Off!' change.  So you'd just get DH, Harbs, Core Necro, etc. camping points because BS is all melee and have to burn a lot to get on point where they burn nothing to camp it with condi bombs.

So yes, the Warrior community (much like all of them) has the drama queen / gloom and doomer's, but it isn't exactly false to say Warrior has it a bit rough.

The only thing that made bladesworn different from other warrior specs is that it could use its ult to refill all its shouts.  It may have been common in gold but it was also just as common in plat.  I played up to around 1800 with bladesworn in the first season ever playing warrior.  And I'm sure good warriors would make it to legend.    Machinist is a noob crusher, but is not viable at higher elo.  Bladesworn was not the same at all.  I've seen them put out 800k dmg and almost a million healing in a single game

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

The only thing that made bladesworn different from other warrior specs is that it could use its ult to refill all its shouts.  It may have been common in gold but it was also just as common in plat.  I played up to around 1800 with bladesworn in the first season ever playing warrior.  And I'm sure good warriors would make it to legend.    Machinist is a noob crusher, but is not viable at higher elo.  Bladesworn was not the same at all.  I've seen them put out 800k dmg and almost a million healing in a single game

1800? Gotta have a Twitch stream then, what is it? I'm interested now...

• Confused 1

Dunno how this topic got to a bladesworn discussion, but am I glad I don't have to fight this punchbag spec anymore.

As for berserker, its kinda cool to see more of them running around. Some are condi which is sad, but most are power which is cool. Always funny to see someone from my team drop to an arc divider as I'm dodging it. I wonder how long that will last.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Dunno how this topic got to a bladesworn discussion, but am I glad I don't have to fight this punchbag spec anymore.

As for berserker, its kinda cool to see more of them running around. Some are condi which is sad, but most are power which is cool. Always funny to see someone from my team drop to an arc divider as I'm dodging it. I wonder how long that will last.

They can dodge a double Arc Divider, but can they dodge the Gunflame follow up?

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

how people die to power berserker burst now.

the burst actually got nerfed so hard.

missing 5k crit from berserk, and missing 21% damage increase proc from berserk as well.

like...you actually need 2 casts of arc divider to build up 21% damage increase now on top of missing 5k crit initial hit...

the burst has gone so weak and way less bursty.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They can dodge a double Arc Divider, but can they dodge the Gunflame follow up?

Well in a normal game the berserker is deleted by the time they try to weapon swap. But I've had a game pre-patch where one gs/rifle berserker was getting focused only by me (don't ask me why) and ppl were dropping a lot.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Well in a normal game the berserker is deleted by the time they try to weapon swap. But I've had a game pre-patch where one gs/rifle berserker was getting focused only by me (don't ask me why) and ppl were dropping a lot.

Gotta choose the time right. It's a skill, but for some reason Berserker causes people to have tunnel vision and they throw caution to the wind and make bad decisions.

• Like 1

As a persisting (power) berserker player, I think the patch was actually a nerf.  The burst/spike damage of the spec was diminished in exchange for the ability to use normal bursts outside of berserker mode (which is rarely needed given it costs adrenaline better spent on primal bursts).  Targets now have a higher chance of survival and whatever sustain options you can theoretically access only decrease your spike potential further. At that point, your are better off playing Spellbreaker, Bladesworn or even Core Warrior as their spike potentials are similar and their sustain better.

36 minutes ago, Redg.9807 said:

As a persisting (power) berserker player, I think the patch was actually a nerf.  The burst/spike damage of the spec was diminished in exchange for the ability to use normal bursts outside of berserker mode (which is rarely needed given it costs adrenaline better spent on primal bursts).  Targets now have a higher chance of survival and whatever sustain options you can theoretically access only decrease your spike potential further. At that point, your are better off playing Spellbreaker, Bladesworn or even Core Warrior as their spike potentials are similar and their sustain better.

Changing Berserk to Rage skill was dumb, they returned an issue that they created long ago when tweaking Defense and Strength for SpB. Now you waste 3 bars of adrenaline and gain kitten all cause the Mode is weak and the traits for it are bugged or weak.
A potential fix is reverting it like it was before with less damage and no cast time or making it just a Button to press that does not need Adrenaline.
Also Bloody Roar is kittening Additive damage instead of multiplicative like ALL OTHER MULTIPLIERS that matter in the game, kittening grandmaster right there. 
I'm quite concerned with the balance if they can't make one of the most basic UNGA BUNGA specs in the game viable, like it was all about removing drawbacks and it still have multiple of them just to make it more annoying to play.

On 10/6/2022 at 10:25 PM, Kayberz.5346 said:

Bladesworn is unironicaly looking to still be warriors strongest spec for pvp post patch.

But the bladesworn haters refuse to accept that possibility and haven't even tried playing it/dont know how to play it without shouts

WvW - Beserker Meta = Dead 80% of the time = no damage = adds nothing

- Bladesworn = YOU can't use that one, it is not META.  And survives.  And does Damage.

Give me a break!   So tired of these NON WvW moroons telling me to get a meta when they don't know wth they are talking about. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Changing Berserk to Rage skill was dumb, they returned an issue that they created long ago when tweaking Defense and Strength for SpB. Now you waste 3 bars of adrenaline and gain kitten all cause the Mode is weak and the traits for it are bugged or weak.
A potential fix is reverting it like it was before with less damage and no cast time or making it just a Button to press that does not need Adrenaline.
Also Bloody Roar is kittening Additive damage instead of multiplicative like ALL OTHER MULTIPLIERS that matter in the game, kittening grandmaster right there. 
I'm quite concerned with the balance if they can't make one of the most basic UNGA BUNGA specs in the game viable, like it was all about removing drawbacks and it still have multiple of them just to make it more annoying to play.

agreed on damage nerf on berserker's power not working with the new rage skill. direct nerf to power.

Pls return it to a burst (either an instant cast attack that does low damage but procs T3 Adren traits, or an actual attack like it was before because that quarter second of stability WAS useful.)

we didn't need another rage skill, condi zerk was already serviceable, it's the power variant that had the bulk of the problems and it continues to be accidentally pushed further down, its kinda crazy. 

1 hour ago, Soupeod.5714 said:

WvW - Beserker Meta = Dead 80% of the time = no damage = adds nothing

- Bladesworn = YOU can't use that one, it is not META.  And survives.  And does Damage.

Give me a break!   So tired of these NON WvW moroons telling me to get a meta when they don't know wth they are talking about. 

Quite funny when WvW meta builds are decided by the top WvW guilds/players

yet you call them WvW morons who don't know wth they are talking about

very interesting.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

agreed on damage nerf on berserker's power not working with the new rage skill. direct nerf to power.

Pls return it to a burst (either an instant cast attack that does low damage but procs T3 Adren traits, or an actual attack like it was before because that quarter second of stability WAS useful.)

we didn't need another rage skill, condi zerk was already serviceable, it's the power variant that had the bulk of the problems and it continues to be accidentally pushed further down, its kinda crazy. 

Then there is what looks like Berserk Mode putting the Primal Bursts on what looks to be an interrupt CD rather than being immediately available.