Please do a full rework of Acrobatics

Psycoprophet.8107

Please do a full rework of Acrobatics, and while designing the traits keep synergies in mind with other traitlines and above all consider whether YOU (devs) would choose the traitline over the others for any reasons whilst doing the design phase of the traitline. Thanks. Such a waste a traitline sitting there being used by basically nobody, maybe thats a hint.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah. Replace the whole line. Rename it if you need to.

I feel like as long as there's one decent Vigor-related thing and one decent Sword-related thing in there, nobody will complain about replacing the rest with whatever.

(Totally pie-in-the-sky i-know-it's-not-gonna-happen idea: a trait that increases the target cap on most of your attack skills. Imagine simultaneously backstabbing three stacked-up mobs, or being able to hit 5 targets with Sword autos. That's not super useful for boss fights but it would certainly be a fun toy for open-world players.)

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Please do a full rework of Acrobatics, and while designing the traits keep synergies in mind with other traitlines and above all consider whether YOU (devs) would choose the traitline over the others for any reasons whilst doing the design phase of the traitline. Thanks. Such a waste a traitline sitting there being used by basically nobody, maybe thats a hint.

This 100%

15 hours ago, Jonah.3160 said:

Yeah honestly right now as it is acrobatics may as well not exist, taking it is a detriment to any other thief build in terms of actual effectiveness 

Thinking about it, something that may be useful to replace/change about acrobatics is making it the aura payoff traitline, since thief has a lot of ways to interact with combo fields anyway, though it would probably still have to be really good to compete with the others

Edited by Jonah.3160
too many honestlys

36 minutes ago, Ken Yuudachi.9807 said:

How many people have told ArenaNet about it before the patch released? Lmao.

No... boys, they won't give it a kitten. They know nothing about the game. Even you list solutions for them, they won't even take a look.

Binding the trigger to the elite skills? How could such a stupid idea get through the discussion? (If they have.)

Also, I can't imagine why a guy who came up with a such idea works in the balance team.

I'm sure they're probably in some kind of feel-good state. I can only leave negative reviews as a warning to those players who still have expectations for the end-game.

Not worth it, just leave the game.

I honestly feel like they are trying and actually liked what they had to say during the livestream. I almost feel like it was a little bit of a oversight in exactly how their patch would effect PvE for thieves. Maybe they had to do it for the short term health of PvP and maybe that's all they could do given the time. I just hope they come up with a long term solution that works.

10 hours ago, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

I honestly feel like they are trying and actually liked what they had to say during the livestream.

Acro is one issue, but there's still the elephant in the room of Trickery offering baseline functionality due to existing initiative costs, on top of offering so much functionality that not picking it in any PvP build is borderline trolling.

• Like 2

One, I don't hope to use the Elite skill so often for triggering the Invulnerability with  a couple of seconds. Two, I don't like to keep on using shadowsteps  to boost up a very small portion of endurance. In my eyes, this major master trait is unneccessary. What is the point of vigor, then? It is already there and does  its job for refilling  the endurance.

5 hours ago, Szymon.5369 said:

Acro is one issue, but there's still the elephant in the room of Trickery offering baseline functionality due to existing initiative costs, on top of offering so much functionality that not picking it in any PvP build is borderline trolling.

100%. I think one thing they touched on was to reduce initiative costs, bur it wasn't clear if that was just for PvE or not.

On 10/13/2022 at 1:02 AM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Solution:

Nerf other trait lines to make acrobatics to seem not that bad 😀

It would be amazing if there was synergy from traits that gives a useful boons when you evade an attack besides swiftness and vigor. Like how warrior is now rewarded for CC with the two new traits it was given.

Maybe stability on evading an attack? Quickness would be a bit much. Stability would make sense since acrobats are meant to stay balanced while performing. But there might be a internal cooldown on such a trait.

What I would like to see:

• Moving enhancements for Signets from Critical Strikes to Acrobatics;
  • Change perspective on Acrobatics so it is less about enhancing movement (which Daredevil already does) and instead proactively reduces enemy movement; in other words, continue the trend of making core trait lines proactive rather than reactive;
  • If Acrobatics is intent on utilizing the sword, then giving the trait line options that can work around it:
    • Benefits for crippling a target (Sword 1);
    • Benefits for immobilizing a target (Sword 2);
    • Benefits for stunning a target (Sword 3 w/ Pistol);
  • Improve the effects of certain skills in core thief’s kit to better make this work. Basilisk Venom as-is should be fine for a trait that grants benefits for stunning, but reworks could be done for a skill such as Caltrops to better incentivize a thief to cripple an enemy.

I think the real question with Acrobatics is, what is it supposed to be? It got the 300 CD treatment in the past because rewarding dodging can become OP, but even with the skill reworks is still kind of half-baked with no real sense of purpose. Is it supposed to be Thief's boon trait (though Thief can only give alac and Specter doesn't synergize with dodging at all)? Why is Assassin's Reward in there and not Trickery (Since its tied to Initiative)? Is it the sword trait? 

I think once that question is answered then you can say what the rework should be about.

Edited by LyraOrpheo.8450

14 hours ago, Ken Yuudachi.9807 said:

It won't be a little bit of an oversight. The nerf in PvE is definitely foolish. The rework of Acrobatics is also meaningless. Even if we talk about the shroud nerf in PvP, it's still a lack of consideration. There is nothing in the patch about thief is commendable.

Conditional Specter in PvP was needed to be nerfed, but nerfing a variant by destroying all variants in PvP is just foolish too. All of these means one thing, these people don't play thieves at all, or at least the lazy employee who is in charge of Specter balance only plays conditional Specter and had no experience with other thief classes.

These people have the protection of shameless company and feel good about themselves. They rejected all suggestions. It's just pathetic. If anyone asks me about the game, I'll just say it's pathetic in the end-game.

Oh, I agree. I absolutely hate that a PvP patch effected PvE to such a major degree. I won't go ahead and insult them though. How will insults bring about positive change? It doesn't help the cause. If I don't like something I am going to give solid reasons why and try to bring about something constructive hopefully.

• Like 1

Hard to catch was the only reason to take Acro as it gave you the stun break + endurance refill making DD a solid roaming class that was truly hard to catch.

Now H2C only offer 8 endurance regen on shadowstep on a 50sec CD.

No reason to trait Acro over Trickery as thrill of the crime and bountiful theft offer a lot more team utility and boon rip vs. the 8 endurance regen from H2C.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bear.9568 said:

Hard to catch was the only reason to take Acro as it gave you the stun break + endurance refill making DD a solid roaming class that was truly hard to catch.

Now H2C only offer 8 endurance regen on shadowstep on a 50sec CD.

No reason to trait Acro over Trickery as thrill of the crime and bountiful theft offer a lot more team utility and boon rip vs. the 8 endurance regen from H2C.

When it says shadowstep, the trait isn't referring to the skill, it's referring to the mechanic. That means shadowsteps from sword 2, D/P 3, P/D 3, Sc/P 3, standing rifle 4 as well as utilities such as infiltrator's signet and shadowstep will all give you back endurance when used. It's still not amazing and I also preferred the 300s version, but it is better than you thought at least. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

When it says shadowstep, the trait isn't referring to the skill, it's referring to the mechanic. That means shadowsteps from sword 2, D/P 3, P/D 3, Sc/P 3, standing rifle 4 as well as utilities such as infiltrator's signet and shadowstep will all give you back endurance when used. It's still not amazing and I also preferred the 300s version, but it is better than you thought at least. 

Forcing players into D/P variant for  8 endurance regen on activation isn't appealing. H2C endurance regen was instant with stun break. I didn't mind the 300sec CD as it was a solid trait.

Thief endurance is capped at 150. That's 50 endurance per dodge. You'd have to shadowstep 7 times to recoup a single dodge lol. 

Even if you have the endurance regen on mechanic it still doesn't make it worth to trait acro over trickery. Boon rip is way to valuable of a mechanic and there's not enough of it in game. Eh'hem looking at you WvW

Edited by Bear.9568

1 hour ago, Bear.9568 said:

Forcing players into D/P variant for  8 endurance regen on activation isn't appealing. H2C endurance regen was instant with stun break. I didn't mind the 300sec CD as it was a solid trait.

Thief endurance is capped at 150. That's 50 endurance per dodge. You'd have to shadowstep 7 times to recoup a single dodge lol. 

Even if you have the endurance regen on mechanic it still doesn't make it worth to trait acro over trickery. Boon rip is way to valuable of a mechanic and there's not enough of it in game. Eh'hem looking at you WvW

Yep, like i said I'm not saying it's a good trait. Just wanted to make sure it was understood properly 🙂

• Thanks 1