Can we finally get rid of the wall-watching (event) after Tangled Depths Meta?

16 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

I truly don't understand why you're so upset.

I just asked a simple question:

Until you explained why, I really have no clue why the meta was done on a closing map. Wasn't trying to demean you in any way.

I did answer you. I answerd why we stayed on a closing Map and i answerd why the removal of the Timer would Hurt No one.

That you didn't understand my answer and now also read random Emotions into my answer seems more Like a you Problem.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I did answer you. I answerd why we stayed on a closing Map and i answerd why the removal of the Timer would Hurt No one.

That you didn't understand my answer and now also read random Emotions into my answer seems more Like a you Problem.

Nice deflections. Try reading through the exchanges again.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Well, it would hurt me, because i am doing chest opening after the gerent is dead. I'd rather not follow the example of some players that tag the events, then run around opening chests until others kill the boss, and then get angry they have to wait.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, it would hurt me, because i am doing chest opening after the gerent is dead. I'd rather not follow the example of some players that tag the events, then run around opening chests until others kill the boss, and then get angry they have to wait.

You could still open the chests after the wall would be destroyed though. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Considering they disappear after the wall gets destroyed (as it is the moment the whole map meta gets reset), no i could not.

They disappear when the timer reaches 0. If we're talking about making changes to the event, there's not much in way of still having the timer simply signifying the despawn of caches, the same way there's a timer for AB when you get ported out.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They disappear when the timer reaches 0. If we're talking about making changed to the event, there's not much in way of still ahving the timer simply signifying the despawn of event, the same way there's a timer for AB.

Yes, that would be a solution, it's just that OP (and other people in this thread) were talking solely about removing the timer completely. Which would despawn chests immediately.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, that would be a solution, it's just that OP (and other people in this thread) were talking solely about removing the timer completely. Which would despawn chests immediately.

Again, the despawn of caches is bound to current timer and it's rather obvious that "despawning caches faster" isn't the goal of anyone in this thread, instead the wall opening faster is (which would also give the rewards for completion of the event).

Still doubt anything about that would be changed even if only because they would need to invent a reason for why the cannons suddenly were able to power up faster, but as far as theoretical reasoning goes, I'd say changing the cache despawn timer could be worked around.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Although I understand that's what some people do, I find it difficult to see that way of approaching it as more important than (or on the same level as) those who don't want to wait, considering those chests you go around and loot spawn as a result of people doing the lane events before meta. So going around and looting them after doing the meta would imply you didn't participate in the lane events and are just using extra keys to get some extra loot off of other people's effort. Something that doesn't really bother me on its own, but if it's in competition with people who did the meta getting to move on instead of waiting around, I think those people's desires should be the priority in that context.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

So going around and looting them after doing the meta would imply you didn't participate in the lane events and are just using extra keys to get some extra loot off of other people's effort. Something that doesn't really bother me on its own, but if it's in competition with people who did the meta getting to move on instead of waiting around, I think those people's desires should be the priority in that context.

Maps usually fills with LFG tags. Before that, often there are very few on the map. To populate all 4 lanes with caches, events in all 4 zones has to be done. If few participate, then you'll have less time to farm the caches on all lanes after spawning them. So, you'll need to farm as well after the meta before they despawn. It definitely does not imply looting off other's efforts. I've done this countless times when I was actively tagging the meta.

One solution is to leave the timer intact but the cannons will open up the walls immediately without despawning the caches, Those not interested in cache farmings can farm behind the walls immediately. For cache farmers, they can continue their routines until timer expires. The area behind the wall will remain open for the set time as it is right now (5 or 10 mins after timer expires?)

9 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

So going around and looting them after doing the meta would imply you didn't participate in the lane events and are just using extra keys to get some extra loot off of other people's effort.

Yes, that's what happens. It's so those that push events alongside a certain lane (and thus help with overall map progress) can also benefit from said overall map progress, instead of having to tag events and immediately leave (hoping someone else does the event) to go tag events/loot chests elsewhere. If all people were acting that way, no events would ever get done.

The design of the map is for players to stick to their lane till after Gerent's dead, then go chase chests from the other 3 lanes. If those chests were to despawn the moment Geren't dead, it would incentivize players to go chest-hunting all over the map at the moment where they should be staying put, doing the events.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, that's what happens. It's so those that push events alongside a certain lane (and thus help with overall map progress) can also benefit from said overall map progress, instead of having to tag events and immediately leave (hoping someone else does the event) to go tag events/loot chests elsewhere. If all people were acting that way, no events would ever get done.

The design of the map is for players to stick to their lane till after Gerent's dead, then go chase chests from the other 3 lanes. If those chests were to despawn the moment Geren't dead, it would incentivize players to go chest-hunting all over the map at the moment where they should be staying put, doing the events.

Is that the intent of the design? Or is that just your guess at what the intent of the design is? Maybe the intent is for you to do one lane and get chests only from that lane while other groups do other lanes, and the extra time is just because they never anticipated people killing the gerents so fast down the road. Keep in mind this was designed back before mounts and before power creep when HoT was more brutal.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Is that the intent of the design? Or is that just your guess at what the intent of the design is? Maybe the intent is for you to do one lane and get chests only from that lane while other groups do other lanes, and the extra time is just because they never anticipated people killing the gerents so fast down the road. Keep in mind this was designed back before mounts and before power creep when HoT was more brutal.

That was how it used to play out, yes. In beggining of HoT we would kill one and maybe tag second, if we wanted event not to fail.

• Confused 1

This event is just an example of how overpowered the especs today are.

these events can actually never fail anymore and end with what? 8-10 minutes left on the timer.

same goes with silverwastes where all bosses go down so quick that you cant even do the achievements anymore.

so much stuff by now which would need adjustment.

in lot content gw2 actually feels more like diablo than guildwars by now.

• Like 1