For what i pay money here?

Mourkhaine.6705

Getting it cleared the first time is the hardest. Once you have the timings down it's easy.

Yes, we get new players every year that are frustrated by it, lucky enough it is not needed for the meta achievement completion.

Meanwhile, this reminded me of this old gem:

Edited by Cyninja.2954

1 hour ago, Mourkhaine.6705 said:

Simple the Tower is no Fun at all. After 3 days of trying and falling at near end i questioned myself for what i pay here? The event is not fun at all only grind and mental abuse. 

either train on it with the right mindset ( watch some video, train specifically on the spots you  fail, etc.)

or chose other achievements for the meta.

Calling an optional achievement a "mental abuse" just makes you look like a whiner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It took me hours for several days (I thin more than a week? don't remember it anymore) ... when I first played the tower at the original first release. Used videos and learne every step - which was annoying cause I slowly progresed further but always had to wait after falling down. That is the most annoying thing: You can't do it alone without others nearby. With each player in an own instance it would be easier cause you could directly restart after falling down = training is easier.

Nowadays I easily manage to do it. Only if I am tired and/or in a bad mood - I usually stop then. (Since it is only required 3 times for the annual that also has other stuff where you can skip the one with the tower. And for farming it does not seem worth the time. At least for me - I can't get the small chests without losing too much time and getting beaten by the ghostly fog catching up.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

Thx for the tips. Done it 3 Times now....

22 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

should train on it or adjust settings , like try in "action camera" or if you play with a "fat" character , try it with an ausra .

it's not hard once you get used to it , but yes i remember having trouble doing it the first time it came out.

22 hours ago, Vanne.9061 said:

If you have problems with lags, check your settings.

And lower your graphic settings a bit (or much)

16 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

It took me hours for several days (I thin more than a week? don't remember it anymore) ... when I first played the tower at the original first release. Used videos and learne every step - which was annoying cause I slowly progresed further but always had to wait after falling down. That is the most annoying thing: You can't do it alone without others nearby. With each player in an own instance it would be easier cause you could directly restart after falling down = training is easier.

Nowadays I easily manage to do it. Only if I am tired and/or in a bad mood - I usually stop then. (Since it is only required 3 times for the annual that also has other stuff where you can skip the one with the tower. And for farming it does not seem worth the time. At least for me - I can't get the small chests without losing too much time and getting beaten by the ghostly fog catching up.)

Ty!

• Thanks 2

On 10/24/2022 at 1:25 AM, Gwyen.3792 said:

This JP is tied to so many achievements and is way to hard. Im old either keep it hard and remove ties to other achievements or make it a little easier PLEASE THIS IS TERRIBLE bad done so many times watched bunch videos and tutorials nothing works.

You don't need to do it for any achievements.

There are daily and annual ones for completing the clock tower but there are other options for both so you can get the overall daily and annual rewards without doing the tower at all. All you'll miss out on is the small number of ToT bags the individual achievements give and I'm pretty sure even people who can complete the clock tower could get bags faster from other places.

Other than that there's one which gives the Lunatic Boot Box, but you can just buy the recipe to craft the boots from the Lunatic Alchemist in Lion's Arch, and one for Court Duty which can be skipped by giving candy corn to the Angry Chest in the clock tower lobby.

If you never do the clock tower at all the only thing you'll miss out on is 25AP, and if you're enough of a hardcore achievement hunter that you can't afford to skip that you'll be facing much harder and more repetitive challenges than learning the clock tower.