KO strike design is anti-soulbeast

Beowulf.4360

whoever designed this strike never played soulbeast, or i dont understand the reasoning behind this fight as you zipline and instantly get split from your pet. the only thing this does is to make you lose 10k dps at the start of the fight and wait 8 seconds so you can beastmode again, its annoying. Why?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Beowulf.4360 said:

whoever designed this strike never played soulbeast, or i dont understand the reasoning behind this fight as you zipline and instantly get split from your pet. the only thing this does is to make you lose 10k dps at the start of the fight and wait 8 seconds so you can beastmode again, its annoying. Why?

You could wait to merge after you zipline at start and unmerge at like 7% of last mob on 66 and 33 phases tho

I would say it is more against dragon hunters since they need to stand inside the boss for their damage

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

The strike is unpleasant for a lot of professions.  It is quite annoying to do with Deadeye, Bladesworn, Dragonhunter, and probably another few that I can't recollect at the moment.

It's very much a first world problem, though.  Any mechanics introduced into a fight are going to be discriminatory against some professions in one way or another.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/25/2022 at 2:34 PM, Beowulf.4360 said:

Druid laughs - and cries - in the corner.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

There's this rare concept I came across in my long years of playing the game: having multiple DPS specs/classes and picking the one, which I think works best in the encounter.

It's rare not because it's an uncommon idea, but because of how many players can actually do it.  To raise, equip, learn, and enjoy multiple professions requires quite a bit of time investment.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Or Virtuoso, especially if you want the highest possible DPS.

Scourge works aswell, probably Harbinger too. Yet that's 4 out of 36 possible Specs that are reasonable choices for DPS slots in this fight. Even if I miss 1-2 right now, imo it shows quite well that this fight isn't very well designed 😕  

4 minutes ago, Nash.2681 said:

Scourge works aswell, probably Harbinger too. Yet that's 4 out of 36 possible Specs that are reasonable choices for DPS slots in this fight. Even if I miss 1-2 right now, imo it shows quite well that this fight isn't very well designed 😕  

You might as well forget Scourge exists since both Power and Condi Mech can match its DPS while being relatively the same difficulty.

While NM KO isn't that bad, CM really narrows down possible builds.

The fight is well designed , but it is indeed in favor for some e-specs , especially for ranged piercing specs (virtuosos , mechs ,...)

And yes it should be adrressed , i played druid and having your spirits dying while you zippeline is awfull too , same goes for ele with elementals , ... very annoying .  Makes those classes not desired at all for this strike.

• Like 1