My biggest "Pain point" with WvW atm

Moriartiy.6753

50 minutes ago, Forum Moderator.5021 said:

Hello Everyone,

Just a reminder to keep it civil and avoid attacking each other.

Regards.

Mr. or Ms moderator, then what's wvw for? ktrain pvd? XD if its red u know...what happens.

On a serious note responding to OP ticket issue, on wvw we have several items that are poorly used like the emblems of the avenger and conqueror, a ncp to trade off this for quite some tickets would be nice, lots of us are hoarding this since we dont use it.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

My biggest pain point in WvW is that Anet doesn't balance it for small scale, only large scale. Open world PvP games should be balanced for both small scale and large scale. You can see this in the way supports are super tank and nigh unkillable making it impossible to get kills against players being supported and making it impossible to to focus the support. I don't like that you are forced to play with organized groups if you want to get kills in WvW. You can also see the lack of balance for small scale in the way Anet hasn't nerfed certain over performing builds that are wickedly unfun to play against.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

My biggest pain point in WvW is that Anet doesn't balance it for small scale, only large scale. Open world PvP games should be balanced for both small scale and large scale. You can see this in the way supports are super tank and nigh unkillable making it impossible to get kills against players being supported and making it impossible to to focus the support. I don't like that you are forced to play with organized groups if you want to get kills in WvW. You can also see the lack of balance for small scale in the way Anet hasn't nerfed certain over performing builds that are wickedly unfun to play against.

That's true, but World vs World isn't open world. It's a large, triangulated match and with the time constraints for point accrual, player numbers are needed to knock stuff out fast. If it were open world with no skirmish or other point tallying phase people could take the time to set up creative siege strikes and ambushes. But with the expected numbers, wall durability, and siege strength, taking and defending structures takes a certain amount of time depending on number of siege and player buffs on the siege. Anet kind of has to balance around the forces that will respond. They don't need to balance on a smaller scale because it's not open world and there's no need. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 12:22 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think that a lot of people who complain about this are OW PvE'ers that have 3 choices to get their legendary armor sets together: PvP, WvW and Raids. WvW is the closest thing actually to OW PvE. It's not Raids; Raids require a deeper understanding of their classes and a higher skill level.

But  WvW is the least egregious mode for OW PvE'ers to play in. They can avoid the PvP aspect mostly and just focus on the PvE elements...but it takes a LOT longer than the other two game modes. But that still won't make them choose PvP or Raids. 

And well, OW PvE'ers may not "need" legendary armor, but that's entirely beside the point. They want it and they don't have it available in their preferred game mode, which is OW PvE. So as long as that's the case, in my view, OW PvE'ers will keep coming to WvW. And as long as the tickets don't come faster, they'll spend an even longer time in WvW. 

That seems to be the reality of things and I don't think that holding on tightly to certain opinions will change that reality.

Yes, that is exactly what this is.

However, what I and others are pointing out is that this stuff is made for WvW and other stuff is made for what you call OW PvE. If you take the two things and put them next to each other for a comparison, it isn't even remotely close. Our bottleneck to our gear is gold. Gold is the mainstay economy of GW2 that unlocks almost everything else in this game: From gear (including all legendaries through T6, or buyable weapons) and ingame unlocks (like exotic mounts) to gem conversions for skins and account upgrades (often overlooked but quite important: additional characters, templates, resource spaces, WvW-transfers, etc.). They get that, we don't. We get tickets.

The people who make these threads are not here to talk, trade or reason: They want to take our stuff and keep their stuff.

Take all the stuff and break it down to "time" and the comparison is still ridculously lopsided. I'd be happy to let them get their tickets in PvE if we got all their development for the next 7 years and we got to make 30g/h while they barely got to break even. That sounds like a pretty fair trade, no? That is exactly how thing have been and still are. World Restructuring for PvE came out in 2014. Bring on the next 2023 beta for WvW. That too is time.

It is sad that we have to make this an "us vs them" thing but those players have a tendency to only see us when they are looking for sympathy over some assumed shared issue or when they want to take our stuff. One of the most laugh-tickling examples I saw recently was when someone made a thread to claim it was unfair that WvW had queues to full when PvE does not. That's the level of orientation we're talking about. It is hard to build bridges and look for mutual constructive discussions then. It's not like they don't want to talk, they don't even see or understand the situation.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
Pardon the tirade, it's 3am and I just got home from the pub.
  • Like 2