Please allow us to disable the mastery nag box

Add a 24 hour disable option for the annoying "Your current ability is fully trained and ready to master!" nag box that pops up over the chat box every few seconds.  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Add a 24 hour disable option for the annoying "Your current ability is fully trained and ready to master!" nag box that pops up over the chat box every few seconds.

• Yes please allow us to disable it, even temporarily.
    • No, I need to know I am wasting XP every few seconds or I will forget.

I was about to post in another thread but it got closed ... again. Your current ability is fully trained and ready to master. I KNOW. I just don't want to spend mastery points on something else just to make it go away, I want to save up for a better mastery but I would also like to read the chat window while I enjoy the Halloween event.

Wouldn't it be great if it simply had a tickbox for "Disable this message for 24 hours" or better still forever..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, PsyManofWildtrouser.7930 said:

I was about to post in another thread but it got closed ... again.

Please see forums CoC

Creating Duplicate Threads / Cross posting

• repeat an existing topic in the same forum or a different subforum; please use the “Search” feature
  • repost a thread about the same topic after a thread is locked
  • Like 5
  • Confused 10

21 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Whilst you await implementation of your suggestion, move your chat box to the top of the screen and it will not be covered by the pop-up. 

How do you move the chat box?  I have this message popping up all the time for me and its blocking of the chat is a real problem when I'm needing to read comments in an event etc.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Please see forums CoC

Report and move on.

On 11/6/2022 at 5:04 PM, PsyManofWildtrouser.7930 said:

Wouldn't it be great if it simply had a tickbox for "Disable this message for 24 hours" or better still forever..

Yeah, it would. Being able to turn off 'your jade bot found something!' 'one of your equipped items does not have stats selected' and other persistent nags would also be great additions to the settings panel right up there with 'shut off tutorial achievement notifications'.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

If you wanted to save up for a better mastery, why did you level the mastery track all the way? In any case they fixed this popup a while back, so I'm not sure why you're still getting it.

You don't waste XP btw, it automatically goes into another random track or into Spirit Shards.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

In any case they fixed this popup a while back, so I'm not sure why you're still getting it.

They only updated Masteries' system to unlock at level 80, earlier you were nagged by pop-up also when system was locked.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2022-05-24

The Central Tyria mastery track will now unlock for accounts with expansion access when the player unlocks a Central Tyria mastery point at level 80, rather than requiring players to start an expansion story.

They didn't mention anything about fixing the pop-up itself and as users report like in this thread, it's clear that it wasn't fixed.

Sadly, it's intended, a player is nagged to waste points on other unwanted tracks to play longer, as he must collect more points for a chosen track then. Very nasty design.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49 said:

Sadly, it's intended, a player is nagged to waste points on other unwanted tracks to play longer, as he must collect more points for a chosen track then. Very nasty design.

You could have at any time changed the mastery track you were earning XP towards before you completed it as well.   Is the system flawless, absolutely not, but there is no need to mischaracterize it because you didn’t know what could happen. 

As an aside, I can confirm that this issue does not happen on all accounts. Or rather, my second account doesn’t have this issue in any zone with max XP in any given mastery.  Some feel this issue was resolved a while ago yet posts like yours continue to appear. Perhaps it is a bug but either way, you know how to work around it in several ways now. 

I just realized that you and I both posted in the last thread about this but you had a different message at that time…

Old post

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

You could have at any time changed the mastery track you were earning XP towards before you completed it as well.

You can change, but no need, some reported that XP is not wasted anymore. Maybe changing track, filling XP for it but without spending points, and returning to chosen track stops the pop-up? - if you tested it then let know it as workaround.

47 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I just realized that you and I both posted in the last thread about this but you had a different message at that time…

How my message is different? It's exactly the same, only difference is that earlier I added "Probably it will be still the problem if you would like to collect points for more expensive mastery." As on this thread someone has this problem, then it looks it is how it is.

Edited by DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

this annoying thing exist more than 5 years. Just don't expect any changes. Get used to soak in love and pleasure for this game through every 15-sec pop-up spam. Or hope for a lot new players from steam - maybe they will spam a-net forums in response.

P.S. I ran into this when I didn't get autoloot yet. Nope, i don't wanna waste mastery points to lvl-up fractal or legendary mastery (cause autoloot improve comfort play today, and another two after months). Nope, i don't wanna hop to dlc questline before core quests and lws1. Nope, i don't wanna seek world-bosses for "stay somewhere near and get achievement". And for some reason mp for first 3 chapters of personal story don't given right away. (i count mp on wiki and gw2 efficiency after take all core tyria map mastery points - there should have been 19, but idk why i haven't last 2. But after day (or two), whoopsy - i have them just after login)
Thank Invisible Pink Unicorn and 
Flying Spaghetti Monster i have this trouble less than 3 days.

Edited by Nomore.7861
little add context
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2