Petition: Add an Elite Stance Called Deep Horse Stance.

Lan Deathrider.5910

Petition: Add an Elite Stance Called Deep Horse Stance.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Add Deep Horse Stance as an elite: Gain protection and resolution for 6s. Gain 1 might for 5s and 2 adrenaline when striking foes or being struck by foes. 5s duration, 40s CD. Stunbreak.

Yes on the idea, no on the execution. 

Deep Horse Stance (DHS): Assume the deepest of horse stances, reducing movement speed by 66%, gaining a defiance bar causing crowd control effects and non-damaging conditions to not affect you. Gain might and adrenaline when struck by a foe and when striking a foe. Damage dealt is increased by 66%.

Mobility skills cancel DHS. Breaking the defiance bar breaks DHS. DHS lasts for 5 seconds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Yes on the idea, no on the execution. 

Deep Horse Stance (DHS): Assume the deepest of horse stances, reducing movement speed by 66%, gaining a defiance bar causing crowd control effects and non-damaging conditions to not affect you. Gain might and adrenaline when struck by a foe and when striking a foe. Damage dealt is increased by 66%.

Mobility skills cancel DHS. Breaking the defiance bar breaks DHS. DHS lasts for 5 seconds.

Well, High Priest Oscuro has spoken, so shall it be.

• Like 1

Warrior GW2 forum and the Ryze (LoL) community on reddit are the greatest evidence for my theory that the balance state of a game class/character has direct consequences on the mental health of their players.

Also, I voted yes. This needs to be a thing.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Warrior GW2 forum and the Ryze (LoL) community on reddit are the greatest evidence for my theory that the balance state of a game class/character has direct consequences on the mental health of their players.

Deep Horse Stance.

Frankly there needs to be an elite and heal of every skill type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Some become this way because they have joined us, and others join us because this is the way they have always been. The latter shall find us regardless, but the former, yes the former are the ones who can make themselves more than they are by choice. They are the ones who need not be filled with the blazing spirit of the warrior to start, nay, they shall build their fire stick by stick until the stand above those who used to call them their equal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Not sure that can be done that slowly... Perhaps a string of random quotes from the Book of Warrior?

Human quote: “Assume the position!”

Norn quote: “Even bear would fear this horse!”

Asura quote: “Legs: wide. Nuts: on the floor. Thrust: Deep. Horse Stance: engaged!”

Sylvari quote: “Rooted like a tree!”

Charr quote: “Meow!”

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Asura quote: “Legs: wide. Nuts: on the floor. Thrust: Deep. Horse Stance: engaged!”

You lost me at the Asura quote. I'm dying over here. 🤣

Also, I'm sure our Furry brethren would have something intense to say.

12 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Deep Horse Stance.

Frankly there needs to be an elite and heal of every skill type.

As long as it comes with an overhaul for the engineer utility skills, replacing some of our skills with a new utility skill type so we also can have 5 healing skills and elite skills for every type, I am all for it.

12 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Shouldn't humans they "I don't out run centaurs. I AM the centaurs!"?

28 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That's between you engis and Anet.

And Revenant probably would need another core Legend, so everyone ends up with five heals and five elites.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

One of the biggest issues with stances right now is their ridiculously low duration with high cooldown and lack of skill feedback. I think a focus on fixing up what we already have would go a long way, though I would like to see mew elite and healing skills added in that are missing from certain utility sets.