So Alac Mirage is kinda dead now?

Baaltor.5462

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

How about in wvw with one dodge? lol

You try to be funny with that comment but the fact is that the evade nerf never had anything to do with WvW alac stacking.

The single evade was done because of ambush condi application stacks and players complaining that mirage had too much accessibility to mirage cloak "aka" mirage evade..... In PvP

Honestly, it's like some of you don't even play the game.

Edited by Bear.9568
  • Confused 9

20 minutes ago, Bear.9568 said:

You try to be funny with that comment but the fact is that the evade nerf never had anything to do with WvW alac stacking.

The single evade was done because of ambush condi application stacks and players complaining that mirage had too much accessibility to mirage cloak "aka" mirage evade..... In PvP

Honestly, it's like some of you don't even play the game.

LOL I know full well that one dodge was done way before alac was even added to staff. 🙂

I ran one dodge for a long time but they continued/continue to nerf and have yet to remove the trade-off given to Mirage in pvp/wvw even tho Anet clearly announced the end and removal/rollback of the trade-offs they added to the game back about 3 years ago. I dont see how this would be anything but another nerf for Mirage in pvp/wvw even tho the patch focus was pve.

My response was supposed to quote mike and respond to his post but I missed the quote in my rush to get back to other things.

I have played Mesmer for 10+ years. Your response assumed allot. 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

How about in wvw with one dodge? lol

I don't remember where but, once upon a time, someone told me very seriously that alacrity wasn't used in WvW and that it was even better not to use it because it was messing with the various CDs. He really did believe what he was saying.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

LOL I know full well that one dodge was done way before alac was even added to staff. 🙂

I ran one dodge for a long time but they continued/continue to nerf and have yet to remove the trade-off given to Mirage in pvp/wvw even tho Anet clearly announced the end and removal/rollback of the trade-offs they added to the game back about 3 years ago. I dont see how this would be anything but another nerf for Mirage in pvp/wvw even tho the patch focus was pve.

My response was supposed to quote mike and respond to his post but I missed the quote in my rush to get back to other things.

I have played Mesmer for 10+ years. Your response assumed allot. 😉

Look at the thread title "Alac Mirage". 100% of mirage players are on the same page, we all want our evade back.

That's nice you played mes for 10yrs. Should I start flooding my comments with the classes I have played since release?

• Confused 7

35 minutes ago, Bear.9568 said:

Look at the thread title "Alac Mirage". 100% of mirage players are on the same page, we all want our evade back.

That's nice you played mes for 10yrs. Should I start flooding my comments with the classes I have played since release?

Your lack of Mirage experience shows in your comment. Have you tried maintaining 3 clones on a Mirage in wvw and have you tried maintaining alacrity with one dodge?

I dont have to test anything to see this is gona be a bigger issue now than before.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Your lack of Mirage experience shows in your comment. Have you tried maintaining 3 clones on a Mirage in wvw and have you tried maintaining alacrity with one dodge?

I dont have to test anything to see this is gona be a bigger issue now than before.

My lack of experience lol.

My ID is right there. We can mirage duel in pvp. I have a few custom arena tokens.

• Confused 6

On 12/1/2022 at 9:03 AM, Bear.9568 said:

I will say it was a buff and helps average mirage players maintain alac a lot easier in boss fights. Trash mobs are still a problem as you have no time to stack alac so there's the tradeoff. 

3 hours ago, Bear.9568 said:

My lack of experience lol.

My ID is right there. We can mirage duel in pvp. I have a few custom arena tokens.

Your offer of genital measuring contest/pissing match (pvp duel) doesn't add or offer anything to the conversation. Its a red herring that derails conversation. You claimed to be upset by my post as a divergence of the topic. What is your actual motive since you dont demonstrate any concern about staying on topic? (You accused me of lacking experience so I responded to that but that isnt my focus or concern.)

As I said Mirage Alac uptime now being dependent upon maintaining 3 clones would be a problem in wvw. That is, even with 2 dodges, but we are stuck with one.

Mirage balance in pve doesnt mean kitten unless we get rid of the split mode trade-off madness that is now ONLY remaining on Mirage. That is, Soulbeast got its other pet and swap + Merge, chrono got back its Distortion. Hell Virt also got Dist and Vindicator got a new 2nd dodge in all 3 modes!! Surely Mirage can have 2 dodges in all 3 modes now too. Seriously. That would impact staff alac uptime in wvw for what its worth and potentially clone uptime too.

And in case you are wondering, yes I will beat that dead horse every time the urge strikes me for the next 10+ years. LOL

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Varis.5467 said:

Ow that one has been more than 'kinda dead' for a while now. A long while. 

Actually the return of the dodge + fix to the axe bug are the main things people here in the Mesmer forums seem to want.

Also its a fresh topic since a few months ago CMC himself announced the removal of the trade-offs that got added to the game. The first trade-off added at that time was the Mirage one dodge nerf for pvp/wvw which started the trade-offs.

Now they removed the trade-offs from all other specs Mirage is still waiting and it seems allot like Anet is trying to pretend they didnt say what they said. They even mentioned one dodge Mirage specifically.

Additionally, the Vindicator class which was, seemingly, created as an attempt to demonstrate that a spec could work really well with one dodge was given a 2nd dodge, because it didnt work very well.....

One dodge Mirage IS THE ONLY VALID TOPIC FOR MIRAGE. It directly impacts Mirage function even alacrity generation. It makes switching modes painful too.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Actually the return of the dodge + fix to the axe bug are the main things people here in the Mesmer forums seem to want.

Also its a fresh topic since a few months ago CMC himself announced the removal of the trade-offs that got added to the game. The first trade-off added at that time was the Mirage one dodge nerf for pvp/wvw which started the trade-offs.

Now they removed the trade-offs from all other specs Mirage is still waiting and it seems allot like Anet is trying to pretend they didnt say what they said. They even mentioned one dodge Mirage specifically.

Additionally, the Vindicator class which was, seemingly, created as an attempt to demonstrate that a spec could work really well with one dodge was given a 2nd dodge, because it didnt work very well.....

One dodge Mirage IS THE ONLY VALID TOPIC FOR MIRAGE. It directly impacts Mirage function even alacrity generation. It makes switching modes painful too.

They have stated they do want to address the one dodge issue and yes they have never brought it up again. We really can only wait and see if they deliver in the next patch which should be PvP focused. 

I still feel like no one understand the problem and the reason why it was nerfed. It's entirely due to the burst while having the ability to avoid any counter play. 

While it hard to remove the block element to dodging they could limit the action you can preform(dodging is now a channel like everyone else) and potentially lower the Ambush burst potential by putting a cooldown on the Ambush like Untamed. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

7 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

This sums up the issue well tbh. 

Welp, it doesn't look like anet will address this any time soon. Game uninstalled, and taking a break from this trainwreck of a class. See you all when this mess is cleaned up, if ever. HA. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/3/2022 at 1:11 AM, Moradorin.6217 said:

What they likely meant by trade offs are things like -20% stats on druid pets in all gamemodes which was originally intended to offset druid being a full support class by nerfing it's free "DPS". As where 1 dodge mirage is more just meant to be a flat out nerf from a point in time when mirage was over performing rather than a trade off especially since it's only in specific gamemodes. Either way this was a PvE focused patch so even if their intention was to eventually add back the second dodge it's not reasonable at all to have expected it to be a change for this patch.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, Hallow.7368 said:

What they likely meant by trade offs are things like -20% stats on druid pets in all gamemodes which was originally intended to offset druid being a full support class by nerfing it's free "DPS". As where 1 dodge mirage is more just meant to be a flat out nerf from a point in time when mirage was over performing rather than a trade off especially since it's only in specific gamemodes. Either way this was a PvE focused patch so even if their intention was to eventually add back the second dodge it's not reasonable at all to have expected it to be a change for this patch.

Yeah actually, No. The Trade-offs are very specific and relate to PvP/WvW specifically. They added PvP/WvW specific split mode changes that are meant to be trade-offs for each each spec. For Soulbeast it was having 2 pets but also getting merg. For Chrono it was distortion. When they began the trade-offs they announced them and Mirage losing one dodge in pvp/wvw was the first to be implimented followed iirc by the soulbeast change.

Its specific and Mirage is the only class that got a trade-off added during those patches that has not had it removed.

They most recently announced the removal of trade-offs even mentioned Mirage's one dodge, specifically, and Even gave Vindicator a 2nd dodge. There is no remaining excuse for Mirage to have 1 dodge accept BIAS.

Only Bias can explain this situation.

Its 100% specific but I appreciate your thought on the topic.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Yeah actually, No. The Trade-offs are very specific and relate to PvP/WvW specifically. They added PvP/WvW specific split mode changes that are meant to be trade-offs for each each spec. For Soulbeast it was having 2 pets but also getting merg. For Chrono it was distortion. When they began the trade-offs they announced them and Mirage losing one dodge in pvp/wvw was the first to be implimented followed iirc by the soulbeast change.

Its specific and Mirage is the only class that got a trade-off added during those patches that has not had it removed.

They most recently announced the removal of trade-offs even mentioned Mirage's one dodge, specifically, and Even gave Vindicator a 2nd dodge. There is no remaining excuse for Mirage to have 1 dodge accept BIAS.

Only Bias can explain this situation.

Its 100% specific but I appreciate your thought on the topic.

But again mirage only lost that dodge as a nerf for over performing in pvp and only existed in pvp, no? These other "trade offs" were in pve as well. And again this was a PvE focused patch so obviously a big pvp change for mirage wouldn't have been in it. I find it kinda hard to believe it's "bias" since they gave Chrono distortion.

And I mean yea they gave vindicator a second dodge and look at all the problems it's caused (this "trade off" was also in pve, unlike mirage, and was there since vindicators release). Frankly I'm not surprised they're reluctant to give mirage a second dodge after the problems vindicator caused especially since mirage would have things like distortion and extra mirage cloaks from mirrors in top of that second dodge. Sounds like it would be about as tumor inducing as shadowarts thief was before SA was reworked. I think mirage could use some help, but I don't think a second dodge is as cut and dry of a fix as people seem to think since mirage cloak is a balancing nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Hallow.7368 said:

But again mirage only lost that dodge as a nerf for over performing in pvp and only existed in pvp, no? These other "trade offs" were in pve as well. And again this was a PvE focused patch so obviously a big pvp change for mirage wouldn't have been in it. I find it kinda hard to believe it's "bias" since they gave Chrono distortion.

And I mean yea they gave vindicator a second dodge and look at all the problems it's caused (this "trade off" was also in pve, unlike mirage, and was there since vindicators release). Frankly I'm not surprised they're reluctant to give mirage a second dodge after the problems vindicator caused especially since mirage would have things like distortion and extra mirage cloaks from mirrors in top of that second dodge. Sounds like it would be about as tumor inducing as shadowarts thief was before SA was reworked. I think mirage could use some help, but I don't think a second dodge is as cut and dry of a fix as people seem to think since mirage cloak is a balancing nightmare.

Mirage damage in pvp/wvw has been nerfed to the ground however. Not only it's a condi spec, which is inherently weaker than power in some competitive modes due to condition cleanse, the damage is not even that high. Sure, second dodge will make mirage harder to kill, but it's not the old mriage anymore that can kill you in duration of 3 mirage cloaks. All ambush damage is butchered as well, they barely do damage and they are very easy to dodge.

I think people forget that almost every single trait in Mirage spec has been nerfed, it was not just losing a dodge.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Hallow.7368 said:

You 100% miss the point. I'm not in the mood to explain the last 3+ years of posts to you. You are a late comer to this topic.

Vindicator failed to demonstrate one dodge can work even when designed from the ground up.

Mirage was designed with 2 dodges. One was removed as a very lazy nerf. The class should have just had ambush damage adjusted at that point to deal with IH per clone condi applications, etc.

Then to justify that more classes got trade-offs. However, they realized trade-offs didnt work and didnt fix balance.

Then removal of trade-offs was announced (this year 2022).

They did a pvp patch in which they removed them from all classes OTHER THAN MIRAGE and also give Vindicaotr a 2nd dodge.

It gets worse... Mirage has a split mode funcation that changed core behavior unlike any other class.

Mirage has one dodge in pvp/wvw and 2 dodges in pve so when you switch modes the core mechanics you are using changes. NO other class has this. The split mode functionality is the worst part.

It would be better to give Mirage one dodge in all 3 modes and actually balance the spec around one dodge in all 3 modes vs the ssplit mode functionality. 

ALSO Mirage was already nerfed into the ground before the one dodge nerf. It was no longer overperforming, It just wasn't yet total utter trash in wvw, which it is now. 

Your  position I consider to be utterly devoid of merit.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

You 100% miss the point. I'm not in the mood to explain the last 3+ years of posts to you. You are a late comer to this topic.

Vindicator failed to demonstrate one dodge can work even when designed from the ground up.

Mirage was designed with 2 dodges. One was removed as a very lazy nerf. The class should have just had ambush damage adjusted at that point to deal with IH per clone condi applications, etc.

Then to justify that more classes got trade-offs. However, they realized trade-offs didnt work and didnt fix balance.

Then removal of trade-offs was announced (this year 2022).

They did a pvp patch in which they removed them from all classes OTHER THAN MIRAGE and also give Vindicaotr a 2nd dodge.

It gets worse... Mirage has a split mode funcation that changed core behavior unlike any other class.

Mirage has one dodge in pvp/wvw and 2 dodges in pve so when you switch modes the core mechanics you are using changes. NO other class has this. The split mode functionality is the worst part.

It would be better to give Mirage one dodge in all 3 modes and actually balance the spec around one dodge in all 3 modes vs the ssplit mode functionality. 

ALSO Mirage was already nerfed into the ground before the one dodge nerf. It was no longer overperforming, It just wasn't yet total utter trash in wvw, which it is now. 

Your  position I consider to be utterly devoid of merit.

I am going to talk just Vindicator in PvP since that is your opening statement. 

Vindicator worked absolutely fine in PvP with 1 dodge. There were no real issues. Don't use that as the argument for mirage.

Edited by Warscythes.9307
  • Confused 5

Also keeping it relevant to the topic. I just played alac mirage in W1, 4, 7. Works fine. Yes when doing anything with only multiple adds alac mirage is not playable, but you can just stick your clone on the boss instead so is not really an issue. I can see this be a problem in add clearing in fractals but that's about it, but is not like alac mirage was ever good in it. Unless you think something like doing gate is considered to be something to put effort in, the build works pretty well for the most part.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

I am going to talk just Vindicator in PvP since that is your opening statement. 

Vindicator worked absolutely fine in PvP with 1 dodge. There were no real issues. Don't use that as the argument for mirage.

If Vindicator worked so well than why did all the people playing it complain and say it needs a 2nd dodge and why did Anet give it a 2nd dodge.

Also Mirage was designed to have 2 dodges its core mechanic was designed for 2 dodges AND Vindicator was not split mode number of dodges.

Your response doesnt refute anything I pointed out. It just ignores the realities of how unpopular Vindicator was with one dodge.

Again the biggest issue is the split mode functionality of having 2 dodges in pve and 1 in pvp/wvw in the same spec combined with the fact that a special dodge is the specs special thing.

So too is vindicator but it was never given a variable # of dodges per mode so its not comparable other than to show even Vindicator with 1 dodge wasnt popular enough to work out even when designed to work that way unlike Mirage which was designed to have 2 dodges.

Your point IMO seems to be you have no point but to say: Naahaah is not!

TBH if anything the suggestion that Vindicator was ok both with one dodge and with two strongly supports my premis that Mirage could and should have been balanced with 2 dodges instead of getting a split mode variable number of dodges (pvp/wvw and pve). That is, Mirage should have just been balanded with 2 dodges in the first place and should never have lost a dodge by your logic.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

Also keeping it relevant to the topic. I just played alac mirage in W1, 4, 7. Works fine. Yes when doing anything with only multiple adds alac mirage is not playable, but you can just stick your clone on the boss instead so is not really an issue. I can see this be a problem in add clearing in fractals but that's about it, but is not like alac mirage was ever good in it. Unless you think something like doing gate is considered to be something to put effort in, the build works pretty well for the most part.

How is that Alac uptime in a Zerg and/or how does that 2 staff build work for ya when roaming around? Find it effective?

1 bar of cooldowns for 2 weapon sets is normal/healthy? How about in pvp/wvw? (cause staff/staff) Nothing too gimpy or limiting about that?

Alac seems well integrated into Mirage?

Any other class have its support boon uptime 100% tied to one specific weapon that only gives that boon to that spec to the point it must carry 2?

Staff being different on Mirage vs core is health and smart?

I could go on....

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

If Vindicator worked so well than why did all the people playing it complain and say it needs a 2nd dodge and why did Anet give it a 2nd dodge.

Also Mirage was designed to have 2 dodges its core mechanic was designed for 2 dodges AND Vindicator was not split mode number of dodges.

Your response doesnt refute anything I pointed out. It just ignores the realities of how unpopular Vindicator was with one dodge.

Again the biggest issue is the split mode functionality of having 2 dodges in pve and 1 in pvp/wvw in the same spec combined with the fact that a special dodge is the specs special thing.

So too is vindicator but it was never given a variable # of dodges per mode so its not comparable other than to show even Vindicator with 1 dodge wasnt popular enough to work out even when designed to work that way unlike Mirage which was designed to have 2 dodges.

Your point IMO seems to be you have no point but to say: Naahaah is not!

TBH if anything the suggestion that Vindicator was ok both with one dodge and with two strongly supports my premis that Mirage could and should have been balanced with 2 dodges instead of getting a split mode variable number of dodges (pvp/wvw and pve). That is, Mirage should have just been balanded with 2 dodges in the first place and should never have lost a dodge by your logic.

There's also complaints that Vindicator should go back to 1 dodge and that having 2 ruins the flavor. Don't just listen to things that you want to hear. The fact is Vindicator was fine in PvP with 1 dodge. This really isn't some hidden fact. It wasn't the greatest but is definitely not the worst. It was fine. It was decently popular and played ok. 

So again, I don't particularly care about mirage specifically. I just don't like you using it as an example given the spec performed with 1 dodge. Not to mention the dodge functionality has been nerfed where you can no longer dodge while immobilized. Look at how many nerfs Vindicator has received in PvP and WvW since change. If you are ok with multiple nerfs on the functionality of the dodge, which let's be honest is the main contention being which you can dodge while cc'd and be able to act while dodging, then sure I guess. Because look at what is a Vindicator's dodge at the moment beyond a normal dodge that does damage? I guess it can hop a little bit with more precise movement but that is about it. If you are ok with mirage dodge become a normal dodge just like how Vindicator dodge become a normal dodge in terms of functionality, then there you go. I am completely ok with that.

I listed my points, you just choose to not believe that Vindicator was fine with 1 dodge. Even in PvE which was the least popular it was perfectly ok with the exception of low dps, which really isn't a hard thing to fix considering is just a numbers change. What do you want me to say then? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

How is that Alac uptime in a Zerg and/or how does that 2 staff build work for ya when roaming around? Find it effective?

1 bar of cooldowns for 2 weapon sets is normal/healthy? How about in pvp/wvw? (cause staff/staff) Nothing too gimpy or limiting about that?

Alac seems well integrated into Mirage?

Any other class have its support boon uptime 100% tied to one specific weapon that only gives that boon to that spec to the point it must carry 2?

Staff being different on Mirage vs core is health and smart?

I could go on....

The thread OP is talking about Mirage as a boon support in PvE with trash mobs. Why would I play 2 staff alac mirage in WvW? Is not even what the thread is originally about. You can also run staxe as boon support, you just need another one. No I don't see any big issues with a build be restricted in weapon choice. This really isn't some new thing. I wouldn't say is good, but is not a major issue no. Yes I think a weapon different on core vs elite spec is smart. In fact I believe they absolutely have to go down this route eventually because they are running out of weapons to give to elite specs. Eventually you will need to do something akin to give the same weapon to a class but with different skills or functionality. 

If you played mirage for all these years and read the complaints, then you should know what people's biggest frustrations about mirage dodges are in PvP. I am not even saying that mirage will be good or overpowered with 2 dodges back. What I am saying is those points of frustrations will be back due to how it works if is reverted. Until mirage players are willing to have the dodges lose those functionalities in all game modes, because I can't imagine how can you have the dodge functionality be one way in PvP/WvW but completely different in PvE, then I don't think the change will ever happen.

Removing tradeoffs for the sake of removing tradeoffs is not the right to do. Hell I like how everyone forget about things like swipe, are you ok with DD getting 1200 range swipe back then?