Reaper Finalized Changes Feedback

Acanthus.8120

Core

• Corrupt Boon (PvP only): Reduced ammunition from 2 to 1. Increased number of boons converted into conditions from 2 to 5. Increased cooldown from 24 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Spectral Armor (PvP and WvW): Reduced duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds. Reduced cooldown from 45 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Signet of Spite: Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Signet of the Locust (PvP and WvW): Increased healing per target struck from 500 to 800. Reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.
  • Soul Barbs: Increased duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvE only.

·         Death Perception: Additional critical chance increased from 10% to 15% in PvE and WvW.

Reaper

• Chilling Nova: Reduced cooldown from 8 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE only.
  • Nightfall: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvE only.
  • Dusk Strike (PvE only): Increased power coefficient from 1.0 to 1.2 in PvE only. Increased life force gain from 1% to 2%.
  • Chilling Scythe: This skill now reduces the recharge of Gravedigger when striking an enemy. 
  • Death's Charge (PvE only): Increased power coefficient of initial strikes from 0.125 to 0.25. Fixed an issue that prevented the damage of the initial strikes from being listed on this skill's tooltip.
  • Executioner's Scythe (PvE only): Increased power coefficient against targets at or above 50% health to 3.0. Increased power coefficient against targets below 50% health to 4.0. Increased power coefficient against targets below 25% to 5.0.

·         Shroud Knight: Reduced life force drain per second while in Reaper's Shroud from 5% to 4% in PvE only.

·         "Chilled to the Bone!" (PvE Only): Reduced cooldown from 90 seconds to 45 seconds and increased power coefficient from 2.0 to 3.0. This skill now grants fury and might in addition to its previous effects.

·         "Your Soul Is Mine!": Increased life force gain on cast from 5% to 10% and increased life force gain per target from 3% to 5% in PvE only.

·         Death Spiral: Increased life force gain per hit from 2% to 3% in PvE only.

·         Grasping Darkness: Increased life force gain per hit from 4% to 10% in PvE only.

·         Fading Twilight: Increased life force gain from 1% to 2% in PvE only.

You know, while we're still lacking damage, I do see a sincere effort to address our life force problems that we were talking about, and that wasn't in the patch notes before. I also see the source of fury and the change to death perception. I don't think that will put us where we need to be, but I appreciate that you guys made some changes based on feedback.

Edited by Acanthus.8120
  • Like 10

34 minutes ago, Bookah pls.9352 said:

Aneticans will buff anything but the reapers damage system.

I mean, yeah, we'll still need damage buffs, I agree with that, but we talked about Reaper struggling with life force a lot too, and those are actually some beefy life force changes. The only thing more I could ask for in that regard would be to take back the damage reduction nerf if these changes aren't enough.

The death perception change is actually quite big though. A lot of people were unhappy having to pick up Thief runes. A free 5% should allow people to try different runes. I would also love to see if I could finagle a dragon stat build. Edit: As long as you can reach 50% crit chance, picking up decimate defenses and losing soul eater to have dragon stats would probably still be a damage buff since vulnerability stacks are never a problem in group play. I would have to test it though.

With new Death Perception, it's possible to reach 75% while using dragon stats and thief runes as long as you're willing to go through the pain of getting +5 precision infusions. So as long as you have a fury provider, you're golden.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSlAEZlRw0YcsLWJOaXlNbA-zRJYzR1fZERqWRV55DJQ+rhCnWAA-e

Edited by Acanthus.8120
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Luche Lenardon.4951 said:

No one gonna mention how the Death Perception is currently bugged and not activate? or is it a ui bug since last balance patch.

The critical damage portion doesn't work for me in the UI either, but the crit chance does. I didn't do golem tests since I don't have the stats to run this yet anyway.

3 minutes ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

The critical damage portion doesn't work for me in the UI either, but the crit chance does. I didn't do golem tests since I don't have the stats to run this yet anyway.

I think the issue is that the description is ambiguous.  It doesn't reflect a 15% amouint added on to your "Critical Damage" value resulting from ferocity, as that isn't what it does.

What it does instead is multiply all critical hit damage you do in shroud by 1.15 (i.e. adding 15% damage in a multiplicative manner).  Thus, if you have, say, 220% Critical Damage stat, your crits without Death Perception would do 2.2 times their normal value.

With Death Perception (and in shroud), it's 2.2 times 1.15 = 2.53 times their normal value. i.e. it's a lot better than a straight 15% included in an additive manner.

The trait description really should be clearer IMO....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

the fact that there are no MH dagger changes is beyond me. There's one build that uses dagger and that's not even a power build. it just takes dagger for the strong LF generation. Changes to chilled to the bone are unexpected, welcome but also confusing because i still dont fully see why i wouldnt just take flesh golem instead. I see what they're trying to do, but I still think that merging dread and shivers of dread would be the better way to go. You want to support build diversity. You dont want to make a single skill mandatory for a build to function, and that is what i'm sensing with the chilled to the bone buff. also why are warhorn skills still at a 30s cooldown for both?

• Thanks 1

impressive, they indeed listened to the "we can't stay in shroud" and "muh precision" crew O_O
I never had problem with those but nice, I guess. Now I have 105% crit. dmg. so now I have to figure out how to get a perfect 100% again IF that's even possible...

the DPS gain seems... I don't know, I tried a new rotation, and I did see a significant improvement!

•  Soul Barbs: feels really weird with the "old" rotation. Everything is out of sync now. My "new" rotation feels more natural and less stressful tho 👍
  • Nightfall: it makes no sense, it serves no purpose, it's absolute pointless. Old rotation is out of sync, new rotation is irrelevant.
  • Death's Charge: Holy Cow! This do ADD to the DPS 😱
  • Executioner's Scythe: ABSOLUTE MEH... Still good for CC. Still a DPS lost.
  • Death Perception: WHY?! My perfect 100% 😭
  • Chilling Nova: unimpressive. More chill should be good tho.
  •   "Chilled to the Bone!": HOLY COW!!!

right now, with Marauder gear, I'm doing "almost" as much damage as I used to do with Berserker's and I still need to adjust to compensate for the new Death Perception.

16 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Death Perception: Additional critical chance increased from 10% to 15% in PvE and WvW.
^ much appreciated
Chilling Scythe: This skill now reduces the recharge of Gravedigger when striking an enemy.
^ The notes don't state that it reduces the recharge by 100% which is quite a change. 😃

I had to double check this, and yeah. Full Gravedigger recharge on completing an auto chain does change things from my assumed 2 seconds off.

• Thanks 1

Okay, Chilled to the Bone buff is significant for solo play.  10 seconds of Fury per target hit baseline can keep you at crit cap in high mob count scenarios (5 targets means perma fury, even when not traited).  May help out for Reapers doing lamp on Qadim, but is otherwise pretty useless in group content.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180

From my early testing, (Perma Shroud) Power Reaper is actually a really solid solo build now (and with low incoming damage it can stay in Shroud for literally ever) - for group content as Power DPS, DPS still seems lacking though. Condi Reaper is ahead in DPS, but both are still lacking for melee/low DPS uptime builds.

(Tested with Accuracy Sigil, Scholar Runes and Berserker with a tiny bit Assassin's to Crit Cap - there might be a better setup which could bring it really close to being solid already)

The stand out from the patch is the LF management, which went from too tight to almost over the top. It's almost a non mechanic now with how plentiful LF is and Reaper feels really nice and relaxed to play now. 

Reducing the LF drain to 4% was a welcome surprise, and although I'm not sure why they went this ham on LF Gen on GS, I'll take it.

/Edit: I actually have to offer a correction here after in practice testing, LF, somehow, is still a pain point in plenty real fights - especially due to even further increased Gravedigger usage, as well as Death's Charge spam off-CD. Often leaving me wishing for a shorter CD on Death Spiral, and the extra LF from AA1+2 having been packed into this instead, for maybe a 4% per hit at 8 second CD instead, to more neatly fit it in twice per loop.

Still not a fan of Gravedigger spam<50% and the no CD thing feels even more weird now that the AA chain already resets it's CD throughout the >50% rotation. 

I'd say keep the AA1,2,3-> Gravedigger loop, remove the no CD <50% feature, and trickle in a bit more damage throughout the spec (I still say rework Spite's Master and Grandmaster Minors for this purpose), and it's in a solid and fun state.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

Still not a fan of Gravedigger spam<50% and the no CD thing feels even more weird now that the AA chain already resets it's CD throughout the >50% rotation. 

I'd say keep the AA1,2,3-> Gravedigger loop, remove the no CD <50% feature, and trickle in a bit more damage throughout the spec, and it's in a solid and fun state.

Changing the "Shivers Of Dread" trait to "Power Through Pain" (+1.5% Strike Damage per Condition on target) and removing the 50% Gravedigger spam and increasing its coefficient by 0.2 would be a nice way to go I think.

6 minutes ago, Elessaria.9142 said:

Changing the "Shivers Of Dread" trait to "Power Through Pain" (+1.5% Strike Damage per Condition on target) and removing the 50% Gravedigger spam and increasing its coefficient by 0.2 would be a nice way to go I think.

I think Shiver's of Dread is fine tbh, together with Cold Shoulder I wouldn't want to see it bruteforced with stacking tons of modifiers onto Reaper only. 

As I simultaneously edited into my post, I personally would target the Master and Grandmaster Minor's in Spite. Not only do they serve no purpose currently - those changes would also double up to help Power Harbinger in the long run (even if that would need a lot more beyond that, namely viable core weapons). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

ok, after some testing and changing my gear to the best gear with 100% crit. chance I must say I'm not impressed. All changes are more like QoL changes rather the most needed DPS boost we need.

Did you change your rotation at all?  I haven't perfected it, but using RS2 seems to be a DPS increase now and Executioner's Scythe is actually worth using under 25%.  Not to mention a Gravedigger after every auto chain should change things up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm positive Reaper is still not on par with the other selfish Power DPS specs, but we did get a lot of changes that should all boost damage output overall.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 1