Beta queues, again.

I even missed the fact that there's a beta again this week. 😄 That's how boring WvW has become. It's the most repetitive game mode, nothing ever changes (like adding a new map, hosting exciting event weeks which add new mechanics etc).

Servers or alliances, it doesn't really make a difference and I've stopped wondering what the point is, really.

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

For the alliance match-ups, I'm seeing worse queues at reset than I normally see. This has happened every beta. Is this a portent of things to come when the alliance system rolls out of beta?

EU or NA? Actually saw a lowering of queues last night that vanished faster than normal.

33 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

EU or NA? Actually saw a lowering of queues last night that vanished faster than normal.

I logged in Friday night about 30 minutes after the NA reset and the start of the beta. Only two maps were queued. I had no problem getting onto a map. (The map I got into was not empty either. There were some major zerg fights happening during the time  I was there.) That was dramatically better than a regular reset night, let alone the start of a beta. This was only my own experience of course and other folks' mileage will undoubtedly vary. Still, for me, this was the first beta where queues were not sky high on all maps for two or more hours after the reset.

53 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

I logged in Friday night about 30 minutes after the NA reset and the start of the beta. Only two maps were queued. I had no problem getting onto a map. (The map I got into was not empty either. There were some major zerg fights happening during the time  I was there.) That was dramatically better than a regular reset night, let alone the start of a beta. This was only my own experience of course and other folks' mileage will undoubtedly vary. Still, for me, this was the first beta where queues were not sky high on all maps for two or more hours after the reset.

Usually don't see queues on Saturday morning and seeing similar this morning. Last beta there were queues in the morning so not sure if its an indications of the sort or other factors. Will have to compare normal Saturday nights to tonight. Not going to happen but would love to see ANet's stats on sizes versus queues from normal and for each beta, but that's the numbers geek in me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Felt like I landed on bizarro world, cause we had desert queued immediately on reset with a lineup of 25+, took another 10-15mins for the other maps to get single line queues, as people shifted around, stayed that way for most of the two hours of reset. Started in ebg to see red had two massive zergs running, went home and it was basically two ppt tags barely defending anything, by the time I got on desert to see wtf was happening there red were already driven off the objectives as green and blue split the map in half. Didn't run into any super boon blobs so I guess reset wasn't a total waste for fights. just kinda weird.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

NA, and up against Indo again this week, sigh. We had 68+ queued on desert, with other bl's having queues of >20. I was at 67 when I tried to enter - had to use the gate in LA because my WvW UI wouldn't work (kept telling me I couldn't do anything because I was in an instance, like WTF I'm in LA perched right next to the gate). Gave up at 25 mins post as I was still 18th in queue.

It was something like 19 people in a 49-size squad that got in initially. One person who was allegedly at number 1 got booted back to the end of the queue. 

If resets when alliances are implemented have queues like this, I'm not going to bother trying to play at that time.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Felt like I landed on bizarro world, cause we had desert queued immediately on reset with a lineup of 25+, took another 10-15mins for the other maps to get single line queues, as people shifted around, stayed that way for most of the two hours of reset. Started in ebg to see red had two massive zergs running, went home and it was basically two ppt tags barely defending anything, by the time I got on desert to see wtf was happening there red were already driven off the objectives as green and blue split the map in half. Didn't run into any super boon blobs so I guess reset wasn't a total waste for fights. just kinda weird.

As I replied in my comment above, it was 68+ queue for red bl and >20 for the others. Went from 68 to 18 in 25 mins, decided I wasn't going to get in within the next 5 mins, so logged off the game and did something else instead (finished reading a book!). Every beta weekend seems to create large queues, over it at this point.

Went back in during SEA/OCX time, it was dead. 😞

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

As I replied in my comment above, it was 68+ queue for red bl and >20 for the others. Went from 68 to 18 in 25 mins, decided I wasn't going to get in within the next 5 mins, so logged off the game and did something else instead (finished reading a book!). Every beta weekend seems to create large queues, over it at this point.

Went back in during SEA/OCX time, it was dead. 😞

Seven Pines for reset it was EBG, DB, ABL ABL as far as reset queues.