Tower of Nightmares is dead content - urgent fixes needed

Fleabite.7528

What it says. Numbers are so low even late afternoon  EU that it's almost impossible to advance. Only 4 of us were just doing a pod boss - with others unable to get past the trash mobs. Some suggested hotfixes:

• Consider needing a minimum number in the lobby to open up floor one
  • Be able to port from the lobby to where the fight presently is, if you come in part way or die
  • Despawn trash in areas already taken. Really - why am I having to solo run through waves of stuff already cleared by others?
  • Improve rewards. Noone wants to do this right now. Noone. 
Edited by Fleabite.7528
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Point 1: Ew, bad. Better to adjust scaling to work for lower amount of players, there's no splitting needed after all, unlike TM.

Point 2: This would be annoying to set up and they already have ports to each floor.

Point 3: Yes.

Point 4: Yes.

Question: When you try going in, are you going in from EotN or Kessex? Important question since I have seen ToN the most active when it is prompted in EotN every two hours.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 2

I take your point re minimum number, and so better to go with scaling. 

The ports to each floor unfortunately only take you to the start of a sequence which ends in a pod battle. And to get there, you have to wade thru everything in that whole level. That can leave smaller numbers of players too dispersed, At least enabling ports to the current pod battle would help.

Have been entering via Kessex as I've been completing story on alts. So I'll give EoTN a go - thanks for the tip. 

14 hours ago, Fleabite.7528 said:

The ports to each floor unfortunately only take you to the start of a sequence which ends in a pod battle. And to get there, you have to wade thru everything in that whole level. That can leave smaller numbers of players too dispersed, At least enabling ports to the current pod battle would help.

There are pods throughout the level, not just at the end. People catching up to the pods can enter from three points in the level. That said, removing foes (or even just greatly reducing with no elites or vets) from completed areas will make reaching a pod a breeze. And for the events, they're slow enough to catch up if there weren't mobs slowing people down.

14 hours ago, Fleabite.7528 said:

Have been entering via Kessex as I've been completing story on alts. So I'll give EoTN a go - thanks for the tip. 

Just to note, you can enter at any time from EotN too, but people tend to go when it gets promoted on the timer from my experience.

However since Wintersday is in full swing there'll be a decent player drain into that stuff.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hugeboss.5432 said:

They could just stick a few green prophet shards in the final reward chest... that would prolly bring enuf ppl back 😄

I don't think something as easy as ToN should share EoD strike rewards.

I could have seen ToN, BfLA, and Old Lion's Court strike all using red prophet shards with the missing LWS1 rewards in the vendor, though. Or hell, have it drop Mordrem Blooms or Commemorative Sprockets instead so the vendor was already done. Even if it was just 1 per Nightmare Chamber chest and 3 for a Tri-Key Chest.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

I don't think something as easy as ToN should share EoD strike rewards.

I could have seen ToN, BfLA, and Old Lion's Court strike all using red prophet shards with the missing LWS1 rewards in the vendor, though. Or hell, have it drop Mordrem Blooms or Commemorative Sprockets instead so the vendor was already done. Even if it was just 1 per Nightmare Chamber chest and 3 for a Tri-Key Chest.

To be fair much of the EoD strike selection are no more difficult than ToN (IMO of course).