Holo overboard

RazieL.5684

11 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That's from speed run guilds publishing such things. Most groups never needed banners to function.

Yet, based on the arguable statistic of some raiding community sites, warrior had a steady 10% representation in raid from the beginning of HoT to the banner changing patch in EoD.

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Yet, based on the arguable statistic of some raiding community sites, warrior had a steady 10% representation in raid from the beginning of HoT to the banner changing patch in EoD.

Yeah, speed run guilds like Discretize and Snowcrows publish their builds and benchmarks, all kudos to them they deserve lots of credit, but the general player base acted like lemmings and used them as authoritative sources on what needs to be run.

I ran banners back then occasionally when asked too, and honestly for most groups it didn't make a difference in their performance. They were a unique effect only warrior could provide while doing almost equivalent DPS as the DPS build, so there was little opportunity cost to run them on the warrior's part (outside of the boredom of dropping the banners and picking them back up) and the group got a benefit that while needed for speed runs, was kind of a waste for a non-speed run group.

But then that is also me speaking from my experience running them back then and not seeing the group capitalize on them enough to make my boredom of picking them up every 60s worth it.

But lets save that discussion for more appropriate sections of the forums.

• Like 1