Request: Restore F5 Toolbelt Skills

Tzu.6371

Apologies if this has come up before, but I did a cursory search and couldn't find anything related.

Since Mesmer elite specs that were previously missing their signature Distortion F4 ability have had it restored without undue fuss, can Engineer elites that have access to toolbelt skills have the F5 Elite toolbelt skill back? We can then move the Elite spec F5 skill to F6 and call it a day.

Regards,

Tzu

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I'd rather the mechanist work underwater than to get toolbelt skills. You don't want a completely different gameplay on aquatic.

Well, they would need to design an aquatic mech for that which is probably why they didn't add it in the first place. Probably too much work to design it.

Edited by Doctor Hide.6345
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Well, they would need to design an aquatic mech for that which is probably why they didn't add it in the first place. Probably too much work to design it.

Don't even need to redesign it. Just use the normal mech model and make it use it's jets it uses for "running" permanently under water and bam, done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I'd rather the mechanist work underwater than to get toolbelt skills. You don't want a completely different gameplay on aquatic.

It wouldn't be "completely different" if that was the default for when the mech is dismissed, which is what I also suggested.

2 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Yes! And while we're at it, give toolbelt skills to mechanist when the mech is recalled or when under water.

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

...Why not both? Elite specs shouldn't become useless just because you got wet (that goes for all of them), and choosing between having the mech active or having toolbelt skills could make Mechanist more interesting.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tzu.6371 said:

...Why not both? Elite specs shouldn't become useless just because you got wet (that goes for all of them), and choosing between having the mech active or having toolbelt skills could make Mechanist more interesting.

The primary use of mechanist would be alacrity. You can't provide adequate alacrity underwater without the mech's Crisis Zone or barrier output. There is no underwater mace.

If Engineer gets that, can Warriors have three adrenaline bars and T3 bursts on elite specializations?

And if Mechanist gets the Toolbelt abilities while the green sledge monstrosity isn't active, can Junksworn also have access to regular Bursts while using regular weapons?

Edited by Fueki.4753

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If Engineer gets that, can Warriors have three adrenaline bars and T3 bursts on elite specializations?

Maybe. In case of spellbreaker, this could actually be helpful for balancing as well.

Since spellbreaker has just t1 bursts and 2 bars, it also means that it can with a full bar use both, full counter and a burst skill. If burst skills for spellbreaker use up the entire bar like for core warrior, then this means after using a burst skill spellbreaker won't be able to also use full counter immediately afterwards.

And maybe they could also play with the costs for full counter to balance it, like upping the cost to 2 bars once spellbreaker gets all 3 bars back.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And if Mechanist gets the Toolbelt abilities while the green sledge monstrosity isn't active, can Junksworn also have access to regular Bursts while using regular weapons?

Don't consider it likely to happen for either of these 2 classes. Mechanist most likely will never get toolbelt skills back, it will be considered one of these "natural feeling trade offs" anet mentioned.

Same applies to bladesworn, I guess. The shift to the flow mechanic would make normal bursts with them a bit awkward, considering that flow is not tiered like adrenaline is.

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Yes. But you also lose 30% of your stats when you're more than 360 away from your banner! And 50% when you don't have any banners. And when you try to put down a banner, it has a 20% random chance to spawn at 600 range from where you stand, because kitten you, that's why!

Edited by Sindust.7059

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

And maybe they could also play with the costs for full counter to balance it, like upping the cost to 2 bars once spellbreaker gets all 3 bars back.

This would have to be a mode split then. One bar for PvE and WvW, two bars for sPvP.

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Don't consider it likely to happen for either of these 2 classes. Mechanist most likely will never get toolbelt skills back, it will be considered one of these "natural feeling trade offs" anet mentioned.

Same applies to bladesworn, I guess. The shift to the flow mechanic would make normal bursts with them a bit awkward, considering that flow is not tiered like adrenaline is.

1 hour ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Yes. But you also lose 30% of your stats when you're more than 360 away from your banner! And 50% when you don't have any banners. And when you try to put down a banner, it has a 20% random chance to spawn at 600 range from where you stand, because kitten you, that's why!

I also doubt either one will ever get the core things that obviously were meant as trade-offs.

Undoing the trade-offs in elite specializations and making core even more inferior would be as silly as Sindust's comment is humorous, even if Mechanist and Junksworn traded too much for their shinies.

On 12/31/2022 at 11:32 AM, Infusion.7149 said:

I don't think he is suggesting tool belt skills would work underwater on Mechanist but I do want Mech to work underwater regardless. 

Edited by Mell.4873

14 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I believe that has been suggested and might be implemented.