WvW population

Sho.5791

5 minutes ago, Sho.5791 said:

I would like to know how is division in WvW?

https://postimg.cc/LnxJ4tT8

The server I am on has been like this for 3 weeks, simply ridiculous, so if you want to have fun on another server you have to spend 1800 gems again

Blame your OCX.

Also not every server cost 1800.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

Why you want to blame their OCX it is the only active time on their server and for the price nothing anyone can do about that 

Yes.  It is the only active time on their server because they filled their server up to Full in that time.  This means no other timezone on their server can become more active.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

JQ is late OCX/SEA heavy, Low NA
SOS is OCX/late PST heavy, Moderate NA
Mag is late EU/EST heavy

JQ was the old SEA destination server, players were told to go there to play with their time zone.

SoS was the old OCX destination, same as above.  They had more guilds spread out in the past on other servers, but player attrition made them all move to SoS vs fight them outnumbered all the time.

As for mag, its the graveyard of old fight guilds, its like an unorganized retirement home.  They have 1 organized guild group in NA, a guild group in  OCX who barely plays (and not many people), then the amalgamation of the unorganized players under random guild names and the magswag "alliance" tag.  WAR exists as part of the magswag alliance, but they are cannon fodder and don't run organized, they just sit near southern towers and harass team chat to rush to home BL to kill a couple people taking a camp.

Edited by neven.3785
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Yes.  It is the only active time on their server because they filled their server up to Full in that time.  This means no other timezone on their server can become more active.

No it is not full at that time it is just a few good players that get things done in that time zone at one time that server could put a full squad on every map with militia in every time zone now it can barley fill one map but Anet has it classed as a full server 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

but Anet has it classed as a full server 

You misunderstood.  I'm saying there's enough non-NA players on SoS to mark the server as Full.  This means NA players can't transfer there and make their NA timezone more active.  Then they get in a match with another server that also has the same issue (JQ) and the result is the OP's screenshot.

If players on SoS (and JQ) want to be more competitive during NA timezone, they need to either play during NA timezone or transfer off so their server opens up for NA timezone players.

Historically, it's the NA timezone players that transfer off that server.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

A bad, flawed system, resulting in empty maps where only one server benefits for 16 hours (out of 24 hours).

It's simple. ArenaNet needs to change WvW urgently. I feel underprivileged not being from a US based server which has the highest population in the NA time zone.

Maps are, so to speak, 'dead'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The bad part about all this for me is that ANET is hung up on using math and points to make things "fair".  It's not necessary, there are simply not that many servers - it shouldn't be that hard to line up some SEA heavy guilds with some NA heavy guilds and make a solid server.  Do that 3 times, and you have a solid tier.

There's only so many combinations here, they should be able to manage to make things a little more fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

ESO already solved this problem a long time ago.

I appreciate that you're coming to this game from ESO and that's your point of reference, but honestly ESO didn't solve anything related to this game.  There's no ranking of teams, no bragging rights, no tournament structure, etc.  ESO is essentially EOTM.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think you will find part of the “problem” at this particular time of year is that a lot of Oceanic players are on holiday and out enjoying the summer weather.

Who really cares if Mag are running the maps this week? Let them no-life it, while you take a break and enjoy the real world.

Go out and get some fresh air, and turn the game off for a week.  Better out in the real world then stuck in the game world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

I think you will find part of the “problem” at this particular time of year is that a lot of Oceanic players are on holiday and out enjoying the summer weather.

Who really cares if Mag are running the maps this week? Let them no-life it, while you take a break and enjoy the real world.

Go out and get some fresh air, and turn the game off for a week.  Better out in the real world then stuck in the game world.

I agree! You can't lose if you don't play.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

People like to stack servers and win with numbers. There is a rumor going around on our discord that some Indo commander going to stack MAG and kill off all the fights/ Anet should put in something to prevent that. No point in playing if its auto win

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Asahi.1487 said:

People like to stack servers and win with numbers. There is a rumor going around on our discord that some Indo commander going to stack MAG and kill off all the fights/ Anet should put in something to prevent that. No point in playing if its auto win

How absolutely brain dead boring would that be for them?   It does seem pretty crap that the situation is evolving the way it is.   Is it Mag’s fault? Not really. They are playing the game - some of their tactics are pretty kitten though - and in this current matchup, winning.

should ArenaNet step in and do something about it?  If it is going to kill the game mode beyond any salvation then yes.  If it is going to cause Mag (even though I can’t stand them) to be penalised unjustly for playing the game how it is intended by the Devs (by design) to be played, then no.

If Mag want their beloved game mode to survive (and have opponents that bother to log in) they need to alter their approach.  Can’t hurt to let another team win some if it keeps the game mode alive right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

No it is not full at that time it is just a few good players that get things done in that time zone at one time that server could put a full squad on every map with militia in every time zone now it can barley fill one map but Anet has it classed as a full server 

No players have the details on the logic that is used to calculate the server capacity. To Chaba's point what we have seems to indicate that if a server packs one time zone the other time zones are impacted by that. The same seems to be true based on ANet's accounting for the WR project that total play time impacts potential play time but isn't factored via time zone. So if an Alliance packs a time zone they might dominate at the expense of the other time zones as we see happening via the example provided. 

We saw this in the past in T1 as well as some servers would move to T1 because they exploited (strong word I know) coverage by having people switch their hours of play to hit the other sides play time where they were lacking to move them up. In the end it hurt all the other players on that server playing their normal time zone since it moved them into tiers where they didn't have the coverage to handle that move up which caused more people to go elsewhere till the matchups re-balanced. So I would agree with Chaba, a server missing people in a timezone might just indicate they have more in another, and if scoring show it might also further reveal that aspect as a poster above indicated. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I appreciate that you're coming to this game from ESO and that's your point of reference, but honestly ESO didn't solve anything related to this game.  There's no ranking of teams, no bragging rights, no tournament structure, etc.  ESO is essentially EOTM.

This description of yours is perfect, and pretty much represents my personal concerns about what the new system of alliances and wr might bring. The unexpected result to which the new mechanics could lead us. you see and describe it clearly in this other ESO game but you can't imagine it in our GW2, when we will no longer have track of the server ranking.

I keep saying it ( with poor result ) but I just want to avoid bringing WWW to EOTM. I'm not saying that's the goal of the new mechanic, I'm saying it could lead us to that outcome in an unintended way. It is important to contextualize alliances within a logic of world vs world, with a medium-term logic, which is automatically renewed annually, season after season.

Could anyone from the development here really give us some guidance, if they considered this? What do you plan to embroider around alliances? What is the perimeter of its objective? Apart from having balanced servers, then how do we want to put them in competition?

Edited by Mabi black.1824

My personal impression is that the real development work, should be put in the transfers and control of numbers, through algorithms that work automatically and cadentially. You need a new transfer management logic, a new graphical interface, where you can book your transfer by opening a tiket, and your friends also select the same request tiket, and the system responds to tell you if the transfer is allowed or not.

Even the status of the server '' full '' (like all the others) should be monitored differently, but it seems to remember that it is checked every Monday, it should be checked automatically with a really closer cadence.

So Anet can really manage his numbers, build server matches, and make sure players don't ruin Anet's work the next day. This is the real complicated work that Anet should put on the agenda. Whatever mechanic you want to choose is something you will always need.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

8 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

In no uncertain terms, I am literally proposing drastic changes to GW2's massive pvp system.

(powered by google translate) 

Some considerations

In addition to server problems - which always end up favoring zones (NA/AUS, etc) at a certain time, preventing balancing; we have problems in the very conception of the type of massive PVP that doesn't 'lock' people for a long time in the PVP maps. Scattered (with no reason to be) could be concentrated in a vast map - exactly as ESO does - where distances would be reasons to stay 'in game' (PVP); structures/castles/places of conquests - more resistant (forces the permanence of large groups around, both attacking and defending);

You have to understand something, massive PVP differs from PVP on a small scale - this one, fast, fast objectives. What I've observed over the years both at ESO and here (I'm very new here) is that the areas of massive PVP are also large social areas, of social interaction.

When PVP ends up being something 'frantic' (quick achievements) the 'rotation' of people is apparently greater, an impediment to this more social coexistence between those niches that like the Player x Player activity.

Many say that PVP itself is somewhat 'toxic', given the rivalry. I would answer like this: yes and no. Yes, it's competitive - that attracts, but it also often frustrates, on the other hand, this type of activity literally - those who like it, create 'new goals', such as builds, strategies, debates around it, etc. In this paragraph I just try to explain the reasons which I think are important with regard to 'permanence in game' (massive PVP mod).

Edited by Iskras Femme.1693
  • Confused 1

While I am sure everyone here knows what you mean, keep in mind in GW2 "PvP" isn't the same as "WvW", it has a very distinct meaning about a very distinct game mode that has completely different issues from what is discussed here. When you talk about PvP in GW2, it is a separate and distinct thing from WvW and if you mix the two up you will cause confusion. I understand English is not your first language I am just warning about the unusual potential for miscommunication in GW2 specifically.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tryfan.1457 said:

While I am sure everyone here knows what you mean, keep in mind in GW2 "PvP" isn't the same as "WvW", it has a very distinct meaning about a very distinct game mode that has completely different issues from what is discussed here. When you talk about PvP in GW2, it is a separate and distinct thing from WvW and if you mix the two up you will cause confusion. I understand English is not your first language I am just warning about the unusual potential for miscommunication in GW2 specifically.

I call the 'pvp' as 'smal scale' - and WvW as large scale. Yes, understand.