Math to back up why Maguuma should go it alone next relink.

exeggcuter.8394

3 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

While Xen gave the best answer, I just want to add that in a true Mag-style 5v5 pvp game you'd sh*t-talk your opponents into quitting so your team ends up with 5 players and the other team ends up with 2 players and 3 afks.

Don't you mean that mag would stick one person on the other team that would take up a slot and call out the opposition team positions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Absolutely. Why would people decide to PPT to t1, knowing exactly who'll they'll face, and then abandon their people immediately?  Tell this story to any non-WvWer and they'd either laugh their kitten off or shrug.

That's just proof many have never truly played WvW-- they're just in it a bit more than the average player.

I mean, WvWers are not known for their long term planning, but what can Anet do if teams can't get their kitten together, and simply be on the same page?

What is sad, is TC has guilds that will do exactly this.  And not because they have never played wvw.  They will ktrain red borderland in particular, knowing red is trying to avoid moving up to tier 1.  Then, after they PPT us into a T1 match, the next week...nothing.  Nowhere to be seen.  After we drop to tier 2 again, "oh look, they're back".  And they get super defensive about being called out in chat for their behavior.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Absolutely. Why would people decide to PPT to t1, knowing exactly who'll they'll face, and then abandon their people immediately?  Tell this story to any non-WvWer and they'd either laugh their kitten off or shrug.

That's just proof many have never truly played WvW-- they're just in it a bit more than the average player.

I mean, WvWers are not known for their long term planning, but what can Anet do if teams can't get their kitten together, and simply be on the same page?

I gave you the explanation earlier. Did you read it? If not, I'll quote:

"Well, if you've ever played a sPvP match where one of your teammate dc's at the start or AFKs in the base, you know what it feels like. Sure you might win a fight and cap the point, you might be able to score a hundred more points, etc., but ultimately the match is pointless and you are almost surely going to lose anyway. It's why once one person AFKs, more people start to AFK. And that is at a 25% numbers disadvantage (4v5). Maguuma on their peak timezones have way more than a 25% numbers advantage (50v40)."

If Maguuma magically un-stacked themselves this week compared to last week I can almost guarantee BG would play more this week.

What's happening again reminds me of JQ vs. SoR vs. BG from so long ago. After BG demonstrated they were overstacked with queues on all four maps 24/7, SoR started to lose motivation and stop logging on. Some BG players complained about SoR's attitude as well, and SoR responded with "now BG is complaining that other people aren't logging on for their entertainment". Ha. Haven't seen anyone say that yet re Maguuma yet, but hey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jeydra.4386 said:

If Maguuma magically un-stacked themselves this week compared to last week I can almost guarantee BG would play more this week.

After BG demonstrated they were overstacked with queues on all four maps 24/7

Probably why a lot of us don't care it's happening, especially to BG in particular, or SoS who over stacked ocx for 10 years. 🤷‍♂️

How long did the rest of us had to put up with BG over stacking and wrecking T1? years, and they're still pretty full when they're not pretending to hibernate, welcome to the same pain you gave everyone else is what I say. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Probably why a lot of us don't care it's happening, especially to BG in particular, or SoS who over stacked ocx for 10 years. 🤷‍♂️

How long did the rest of us had to put up with BG over stacking and wrecking T1? years, and they're still pretty full when they're not pretending to hibernate, welcome to the same pain you gave everyone else is what I say. 🤷‍♂️

We're supposed to feel bad for BG.  I *told* you this was all secretly #OpenBG threads.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Jeydra.4386 said:

"Well, if you've ever played a sPvP match where one of your teammate dc's at the start or AFKs in the base, you know what it feels like. Sure you might win a fight and cap the point, you might be able to score a hundred more points, etc., but ultimately the match is pointless and you are almost surely going to lose anyway. It's why once one person AFKs, more people start to AFK. And that is at a 25% numbers disadvantage (4v5). Maguuma on their peak timezones have way more than a 25% numbers advantage (50v40)."

What's happening again reminds me of JQ vs. SoR vs. BG from so long ago. After BG demonstrated they were overstacked with queues on all four maps 24/7, SoR started to lose motivation and stop logging on. Some BG players complained about SoR's attitude as well, and SoR responded with "now BG is complaining that other people aren't logging on for their entertainment". Ha. Haven't seen anyone say that yet re Maguuma yet, but hey.

I don't know about their past battle memories but jq is bad, they are only in t1 or t2 because they have an oceanic commander who captures all the maps at 3am when everyone is asleep and without him those people would be in t5

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jeydra.4386 said:

More like, one of the teammates afk'd after losing the first fight in the center and is  wasting everyone's time by refusing to try. And now they afk every time they see the same opponent. And the other people on the team are stuck with this AFK'er.

There's a reason why leavers and afk'ers are universally despised, and while you may have written a corner case scenario that sounds right, what I describe is the far more common situation in this game concerning afk's and honestly your example  sounds exactly like the  same roundabout justification they would use.

So honestly, that's gotta be one of the worst analogies you could make.

Winning the match is pointless, yes. But in WvW you constantly play with the same people over a long period of time. So doing things that place an unfair burden on your community is going to have some negative long term-effects.

Nobody cares about any stories you're going to write-- the fact is if a section of the community is going to leave the other high and dry instead of working together as a community, then it's going to be weaker.

It could be Mag that stomps you, or it could be the new bandwagon server. Doesn't matter. Even if the FBI captured every single member of Mag tomorrow, nothing is going to matter.

"If...." "but...."  is just copium really.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

What!? I told you bacon-tree three times and still you went forward. How did you not get ham-bush. Its ok, I still failed to dodge that NPC, still bitter you didn't mention the NPC threw siege. Maybe meet in the middle and we blame Sit, they got Splat killed after all. 

I have the power to be pull the tacts even when not online XD. Meet in the middle and Ill 1vX and win or something or hide behind archon as my stab bot

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

What!? I told you bacon-tree three times and still you went forward. How did you not get ham-bush. Its ok, I still failed to dodge that NPC, still bitter you didn't mention the NPC threw siege. Maybe meet in the middle and we blame Sit, they got Splat killed after all. 

I'm feeling better!

I might go for a walk later.

Edited by splat.8169
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Exactly. We have had so many people on BG say we weren't overstacked when we obviously were. The JQ/SoR/BG matchup was just the most egregious example. Several years after that BG were still stuck on top of T1 every single week there were still BG players that said they weren't overstacked. Nobody likes admitting they are overstacked. They will deny it, then when they play against a server that is overstacked (relative to them) then they will complain about the other server being overstacked. Has happened in the past, is currently happening, and will happen in the future.

That's why WvW needs dynamic balancing.

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

So honestly, that's gotta be one of the worst analogies you could make.

I don't think so. It is very accurate. It is pointless to play 4v5. It is less pointless to play 40v50, but against Maguuma you never play 40v50, it's more like 40v70, and then it becomes pointless. So you don't bother.

In the 4v5 sPvP case you blame the guy who went AFK or dc'ed, in WvW you blame the server with 70 for being overstacked.

Or, if you're on the server with 70, you blame the server with 40 for not logging on to play, yeah. I've seen a lot of toxic things in sPvP, but I have not seen a team with 5 players complaining about a team with 4 players sitting in base and not coming down. /shrug.

Edited by Jeydra.4386
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Anyula.7213 said:

KDR of the best players of wvw in the first 2 hours of the reset.  And no, its not maguuma players. LOSERS 

KDR

Farming an unskilled newish pug guild on desert bl that just likes doing their own thing is like beating up your kid sister then telling the guy who bullies you that makes him the loser.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

I have the power to be pull the tacts even when not online XD. Meet in the middle and Ill 1vX and win or something or hide behind archon as my stab bot

Well ofc, Santa Sit after all. But to fair put me on the naughty list next year. Who kills rolling quaggans? Some revenge is in order me thinks.

3 hours ago, Jeydra.4386 said:

Exactly. We have had so many people on BG say we weren't overstacked when we obviously were. The JQ/SoR/BG matchup was just the most egregious example. Several years after that BG were still stuck on top of T1 every single week there were still BG players that said they weren't overstacked. Nobody likes admitting they are overstacked. They will deny it, then when they play against a server that is overstacked (relative to them) then they will complain about the other server being overstacked. Has happened in the past, is currently happening, and will happen in the future.

That's why WvW needs dynamic balancing.

There was also a lot of politics a foot on SoR at the time. To be fair to various parties I won't go further since after riding SoR from T1 to T8 was in the mix there. I still don't mind fighting BG, didn't in those times either. Roamer/Havoc now, as was then. Was always about coming up with ways to fight more with less when the larger guilds logged out due to whatever reasons. I fear the WR project will create more extreme cases of this. That doesn't mean don't do it though I am server pride side myself. It just means it might take some people a while to realize they need all types of players and time zones to find the right mixes when the new system launches. We will all be living in interesting times per say.

3 hours ago, Anyula.7213 said:

KDR of the best players of wvw in the first 2 hours of the reset.  And no, its not maguuma players. LOSERS 

KDR

lol, see so far we just have a thread that's a conversation and not a match up thread. So, first off welcome to Forum Wars 2! Have a good time and we can hope for some great conversations that might lead to changes that make us enjoy the game mode more! After that zergling #516573e5876387463874647862345987436578 please remember to be polite. You might want to work on presenting your points better if you want to persuade people. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, exeggcuter.8394 said:

Also due to lancaster's law KDR is going to look amazing. I mentioned it in a previous post but I think a ton of ya'll just mad at a game.

Will have to go back and look at this, and no I am not familiar with what you mentioned but will be curious to take a look tomorrow at it.

7 hours ago, Alsandar.7420 said:

This entire thread will be locked or deleted soon, sorry to say

Not if we stay somewhat away from matchup threads. Population balancing will be an important part of the WR system. Personally I hope it shows ANet that if they aren't accounting for coverage early on it might be a serious issue and there is some take away buried deep in here.